IGNORED

Street Fighter V Champion Edition

joffocakes

On 01/05/2022 at 14:48, joffocakes said:

Now that that's done my next aim is to land Dan's "infinite" loop in a real match.

Got close to this, but they died before the next stage of the loop.

I also aaaaalmost caught Boltstrike with it, after they whiffed a VShift but I got stagefright and messed up the execution. 

Just me practicing loops on the laptop at lunch again. This one ends with hard dankicks to setup a meaty charged Gadouken for a stun combo, then a cheeky side-switch option-select for the finish (if they backrise, Dan lands in front does the slower standing HK instead, which is +4 on counterhit for a jab xx Koryuken combo).

Now I simply need my opponent to walk backwards into the corner after letting me build meter, not block my neutral jump hard kick and mash out buttons every time they wake up.

That is delicious. Need to play more of that Daniel!

Also please enjoy this incredibly stylish stun combo a Rose player did to me. Both satellites including one summoned mid combo, what a monster. Bit salty about the instant overhead as I used to do that to people with SF4 Rose all the time. 

Ahaha, I love it. I go into every Dhalsim fight saying "Remember, when you're low health he will try to close the round with a jump-back, instant overhead. Block standing and dash in to punish" and then I get knocked out by a jump-back, instant overhead.

• 3 weeks later...

Street Fighter V Champion Edition is currently £12.49 on PSN or £24.99 bundled with the final season's characters (Dan, Rose, Oro, Akira and Luke, plus glorified Random-Select "Eleven"). Decent price as it comes with majority of the stages/costumes unlocked.

Of course anybody who still cares by this point probably already owns it.

Anyway! It's Combo Breaker in Chicago this weekend and it's great to see a big, offline fighting game tournament again.

• joffocakes changed the title to Street Fighter V Champion Edition - There never was a SFII "Championship" Edition
34 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

Street Fighter V Champion Edition is currently £12.49 on PSN or £24.99 bundled with the final season's characters (Dan, Rose, Oro, Akira and Luke, plus glorified Random-Select "Eleven"). Decent price as it comes with majority of the stages/costumes unlocked.

Of course anybody who still cares by this point probably already owns it.

Anyway! It's Combo Breaker in Chicago this weekend and it's great to see a big, offline fighting game tournament again.

The upgrade path is totally baffling. I think I have Arcade Edition, but I’m not really sure and I don’t know what to buy to upgrade. Fucking stupid shit. 

29 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

The upgrade path is totally baffling. I think I have Arcade Edition, but I’m not really sure and I don’t know what to buy to upgrade. Fucking stupid shit. 

There isn't an upgrade path, it's all free updates. As long as you have an internet connection you always have the most recent version.

1 hour ago, joffocakes said:

There isn't an upgrade path, it's all free updates. As long as you have an internet connection you always have the most recent version.

How is £19.99 free?

• 5 weeks later...

This video popped up in my recommended. I do enjoy LianghuBBB videos (also including regularly using Goemon music for his vids). Anyway the song at the end of this video had be grinning like a fool (song at 3:48).

On 28/05/2022 at 16:25, shirubagan said:

Welcome to modern fighting games. Characters, stages and skins all sold piecemeal with odd collections in various confusing editions - very few of my recent fighters have a complete roster because I don't want to keep paying and by the time the 'final' all-inclusive version comes out it usually feels like the game's about to be replaced by a sequel.

VF5: US last year had a complete roster from the get go, which is super rad - but then, that's a graphical rework of a 15 year old game. 

It's not just fighting games now though. I had the misfortune of seeing the various Borderlands 3 editions, and it's all confusing shit with edition names like Super Deluxe, Ultimate, Next Level, and all that nonsense.

• 1 month later...
  • joffocakes changed the title to Street Fighter V Champion Edition