SeanR

Another ZX Spectrum device indiegogo fundraiser

17 minutes ago, SeanR said:

nah, IGG are on record

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42943355

going back on that will mean no one will ever trust IGG again.

Not to be too cynical, but I sincerely doubt this campaign has anywhere enough reach to really cause enough lack of trust in the platform to bother IGG. It they stick to what they have said about appointing an agency then great - and I would hope the BBC follow-up on it.

I still don't think this is damaging enough for most people to care, though - there have been all kinds of shenanigans with crowdfunding and it is still going strong, I don't think this is the thing to break it. 

I'm not a backer, thank god, but if I were - this official poll on their Facebook page...

How would I take part in that then, seeing as I don't have a Facebook account and even if I did they'd probably have banned me?

Brilliant.

28 minutes ago, deKay said:

I'm not a backer, thank god, but if I were - this official poll on their Facebook page...

How would I take part in that then, seeing as I don't have a Facebook account and even if I did they'd probably have banned me?

Brilliant.

they will have to wait until ALL backers have had their say on this poll.

I can see  them having to extend this, just like the roll of honour, for another 2 years.....

Okay, if I had Levy and Martin against the wall here are the fundamental questions I would want a straight answer to:

1. Will you provide documentary evidence the console exists, photos, videos?

2. Realistically what is the timeline for the Vega+ shipping?

3. What is your policy in regards refund requests?

4. List your top five reasons the project has not been fulfilled at this point.

Naturally I wouldn't expect them to give any straight answers, or any answers, instead blaming everyone else. But in all seriousness I feel that if they could address the basic concerns of backers in as straightforward and honest a fashion as possible, without finger-pointing or emotion, they might be able to claw back a little bit of good will at the very least. I presume they want to carry on in business after this; they're not exactly doing their future projects any favours.

If it's all a bit of a mess and they're unable to handle what the project has become, admit it, because whether it's via IGG, the courts, the former directors or any other source the truth will out eventually. Better to head all that off now and take the heat than just keep on pushing that moment into the future.

(sorry, I'm just really frustrated that they just aren't dealing with the fundamentals, instead indulging in blaming, vague statements, blurred self-imposed deadlines, censorship of criticism and a seeming lack of awareness).

• Upvote 1

Out of everything that's happened especially with the released bank statements... what makes you think they aren't doing anything but funneling the money away?

It's all a smokescreen, make people believe they are getting something. They are very aware of what they are doing.

2 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Out of everything that's happened especially with the released bank statements... what makes you think they aren't doing anything but funneling the money away?

It's all a smokescreen, make people believe they are getting something. They are very aware of what they are doing.

Absolutely, there's more than enough evidence of financial mismanagement to suggest this is more than a project that has gone out of hand. And if there was any hardware they'd be showing that like it's about to go out of style. You could even say their inability to directly address the fundamental questions everyone has is pretty much a tacit admission. There will come a point where blaming critics, or citing court proceedings will not be a way to avoid the truth. I'm amazed they'd not been directly called to justify their actions to this point.

2 minutes ago, Vimster said:

Absolutely, there's more than enough evidence of financial mismanagement to suggest this is more than a project that has gone out of hand. And if there was any hardware they'd be showing that like it's about to go out of style. You could even say their inability to directly address the fundamental questions everyone has is pretty much a tacit admission. There will come a point where blaming critics, or citing court proceedings will not be a way to avoid the truth. I'm amazed they'd not been directly called to justify their actions to this point.

Only way that will happen is they get booted from the shareholders meeting and a financial investigation is taken by the new directors to see where the moneys gone. Then it's a police matter, it's why they tried kicking the current 2 directors and appointing their own.

1 minute ago, Lorfarius said:

Only way that will happen is they get booted from the shareholders meeting and a financial investigation is taken by the new directors to see where the moneys gone. Then it's a police matter, it's why they tried kicking the current 2 directors and appointing their own.

The sooner this is properly investigated the better. It's well overdue.

• Upvote 1

New Register article appears

@sinclairzxvega twitter account suddenly wakes up

designer of the Zx Vega petition website - graham kenny - says they are wrong and provides his backer number 

someone else provides a screen grab with Kennys name on roll of Honour 

Hilarity commences

8B782FFE-15E7-4842-A14F-9D08576F76FE.jpeg

39B8A3F9-DF65-46C7-999C-FA846C193340.jpeg

4E2A5385-6320-482B-A164-5E59159325EB.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Indiegogo have updated their t & c’s....

90E3A5F5-19AD-4474-89DF-DFEC134F1D65.thumb.png.275af8fdbee27ad4b32a3f52f7cdcff5.png

Oh...

No Guarantee. The date to deliver a Perk is an estimate by the Campaign Owner (not Indiegogo) and there is no guarantee that the Campaign Owner will fulfill and deliver the Perk by that date. Indiegogo does not guarantee that Contributions will be used as promised, that Campaign Owners will deliver Perks, or that the Campaign will achieve its goals. Indiegogo also does not endorse, guarantee, make representations, or provide warranties for or about the quality, safety, morality or legality of any Campaign, Perk or Contribution, or the truth or accuracy of User Content posted on the Services.