10524601_534670929967154_756713087170378

10524601_534670929967154_756713087170378

10527655_534670926633821_335129309327831

10534135_534670953300485_576911387855569

10534727_534670963300484_693011635051293

10569084_534670923300488_808679223602095

10599222_534675026633411_572799561599419

VG247

The game features action on sea and land similar to Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag and will be released November 11th, with DLC to follow.

The game is likely to get an official reveal at Gamescom next week.

I've been out of the loop with AC games for a while now so I have no idea how this ties in and all that stuff. I always look forward to playing them, the main ones anyway, but never get around to for some reason. I still have Brotherhood to finish and I've got Revelations still in seal lol.

As someone who bought the heritage collection a few months ago and is still working their way (slowly) through Revelations, have they completely given up on the modern day storyline and just focusing on the Assassins stuff now? Only, I can't see this game continuing that stuff if Unity is out on other hardware and most people won't play both.

Bonkers that this isn't on the current systems.

I can't be dealing with another Creed game struggling to breathe on the old consoles.

Dabbling with Black Flag on the 360 after finishing the PS4 version was like

donotwant.gif

Just checked the new Game Informer, which has articles on both. I've been out of the franchise for quite some time now, but Unity looks rather lovely. Great setting, overhauled gameplay systems and mission design, co-op and all the climbing and rooftop action that's much more appealing to me than sailing ships. Rogue really looks like a generation behind and more of the same old.

I preferred the sailing stuff from AC4 and actually think that Unity looks a bit boring being confined to a city again so this looks like a nice alternative. Will definitely wait for the inevitable current Gen release next year though rather than buying last Gen versions.

Guys I'm pretty sure thus isn't coming to PC at launch. I'm sure it will eventually but currently it's last gen consoles only. Well, except it seems they have dropped the wii u version this time.

Well, I've been genuinely enjoying the AC games after spending years just not 'getting' them at all, but having them all on the PC means that I'll wait until it does get it's inevitable release on that format...and then around a year or so later when the price drops to around £3 on Steam. I swear, I think I've only paid around £25 in total for the whole load of 'em. Which is pretty good value for money, it has to be said!

I love AC games and feel slightly annoyed I won't get to play this one for a while at least.

Bollocks to people complaining that they're flogging a dead horse or milking it. These people probably play FIFA and/ or CoD.

• Upvote 1

Oh great, just what we need, another fucking Assassin's Creed! So done with this series.

Loved AC2, and the first few hours of 4,but by golly I'm sick of it now. It's the same every fucking time. Nothing even really improves. Shonky fucking series that should be put to bed.

Wouldn't it be quicker to just stop buying them if they upset you that much? I don't mind them at all myself

Wouldn't what be quicker? And I haven't bought one since 2 :P

I'm gutted they haven't really done anything with the game / concept other than make a seemingly exponential shopping list simulator. Its taint runs through all Ubi games, and it saddens me that they are so popular as they are devoid of actual mechanics. The developers seem to be playing it so safe as to not upset the audience. They are a mishmash of decent ideas, none of which are ever executed well.

Having said that, I do always get sucked in by the atmosphere and openings of the games though. :) it's just after a few hours I hit the same realisation of 'I'm never going to master this, because there is nothing to master'. The gameplay is too on rails and lacks any form of proper challenge. Too many stupid collectibles and over the top hud/pointless details.

I just think it has epic scope, and I'm sad they're still basically making the same old game (BUT NOW WITH COOP) 8 years on or whatever.

Wouldn't what be quicker? And I haven't bought one since 2 :P

I'm gutted they haven't really done anything with the game / concept other than make a seemingly exponential shopping list simulator. Its taint runs through all Ubi games, and it saddens me that they are so popular as they are devoid of actual mechanics. The developers seem to be playing it so safe as to not upset the audience. They are a mishmash of decent ideas, none of which are ever executed well.

Having said that, I do always get sucked in by the atmosphere and openings of the games though. :) it's just after a few hours I hit the same realisation of 'I'm never going to master this, because there is nothing to master'. The gameplay is too on rails and lacks any form of proper challenge. Too many stupid collectibles and over the top hud/pointless details.

I just think it has epic scope, and I'm sad they're still basically making the same old game (BUT NOW WITH COOP) 8 years on or whatever.

All of that is true and the reason that I basically quit the series somehwere during Revolutions, which was nowhere near as fun as Brotherhood to me, the best game in the series by far. They stripped away the things I liked (rooftops, tombs, Subject 16 puzzles) and replaced them with more fetch quests, tailing missions and later on seas and woods.

That said, they must be doing something right, as quite a few of my more hardcore (gaming) friends really enjoy the series. I guess atmosphere and big worlds to play around in go a long way. I actually feel the same about GTA, which is also pretty shallow in terms of mechanics and challenge (and arguably controls worse). But then again, sometimes you want a change of pace from games like Darks Souls or Wonderful 101 and some things about Unity sound promising. The lovely setting (and no more guards on rooftops, yay!) aside, them changing up all the core gameplay systems and mission structure is a good start. It probably won't lead to a (much) more challenging or deep game, but hopefully one that will be more fun to play. And coop is always a good laugh.

Their endless collectibles can suck a big one though.