rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Timmo

Football League Championship Season 2014/15

And there it is. Winning Manager and Player of the Month followed by a terrible result.

Still, an eight-match unbeaten run has lifted us up the table considerably.

And there it is. Winning Manager and Player of the Month followed by a terrible result.

Still, an eight-match unbeaten run has lifted us up the table considerably.

I missed the game Tuesday - didn't think we'd beat you.

No idea what this means for us - 2 good home wins under Slade with our misfit strikers scoring.

Of course - expectation amongst the fans is foolishly building again an I'm sure Tan will do something mental shortly.

Threw away more points from a winning position.

Probably doesn't seem like it when you've been two up but I think Mick McCarthy's post-match reaction was spot-on in that you were probably fortunate to get a point in the end. Based on the ropey stream I watched we were the better team throughout and if we could defend set pieces (that's three in a week we've conceded from) it would've been a comfortable win. Wells' first half miss was a shocker too but obviously he made up for it later.

I was a bit baffled at the stick McCarthy seemed to be getting given the position you were in when he took over and the budget he's had to work with but then the football was pretty hoofy and if it's like that every week then it makes a bit more sense. We've seen enough of that here in fits and starts over recent years to know how it grinds your patience down that much faster when it isn't reaping rewards, especially with the price of going to games these days.

Oh, the Ipswich fans are fickle. Unbeaten in eight, up to the top six.

But then, since the first international break we've drawn three games and lost one - in all of them we were in a position to do better.

Yes, we don't have the budget to buy expensive players. We are paying high wages and giving good long-term deals. The players say they are settled and want to be part of getting promotion. They need to start finishing games off when we have the chance.

All teams have fickle fans.

Butland has signed for Derby whilst Grant is injured. On Tuesday he made one or two fantastic saves, allowing us to beat Blackpool and go top. At Derby on Saturday we were very poor, the worst I've seen us this season, and we went in at half time 1-0 up thanks to one world class save from him followed by another fantastic penalty save. We then went up the other end and scored. Second half Butland puts a couple of goal kicks out of play and some people behind us start booing him! Absolutely unbelievable. The stupidest thing is that the fans and board got together to make the South Stand a loud singing section, and whilst it's truly buzzing when we are on top, in reality it's mostly quiet when we're drawing or losing and full of horrendous moaning. People moan when we play how we've very successfully played for a year (patient build up) and the same people moan when we speed it up (and inevitably lose it more). It's garbage. I hate a lot of our fans.

I could almost write the same thing about our fans word for word, Timmo. Especially since you happened to be talking about a keeper - Alex Smithies takes some right stick despite the fact he's home-grown, a Town fan and his fantastic saves must easily gain us more points than his gobbers cost us. At one game recently a handful of cunts progressed from ironically cheering his catches to demanding he be sent off after a foul :facepalm:

There's always a lot of talk among our lot about the lack of atmosphere at home compared to going away, getting on the backs of the players far too quickly and all that but I don't think we're special in that regard. It's got to largely be down to the disparity between crazy ticket prices and the amount players get paid these days, it breeds resentment rather than solidarity. I can't recall booing your own team after a dodgy result and/or performance being much of a thing until the money started getting mental.

Forest have pulled off a real coup in getting Tom Ince in. Surprised he couldn't get into the Hull side seeing as how he was being linked with Liverpool and Inter Milan when he was at Blackpool. As long as he is motivated then a front pairing of him, Britt and Antonio looks quite tasty as long as Forest can sort out their central midfield problems.

I thought the main problem that Riga and Oyston had was that Riga wanted to bring in foreign players who had complicated multiple ownership and Oyston didn't want to get involved. Plus the players wanted Blackpool to pay their taxes etc.

No chance. Now we're even more fucked than we were before.

League One ahoy!

Considering we usually play Forest when we're on a terrible run and consequently get an absolute spanking, it was pretty satisfying for the opposite to be the case today. We looked dangerous every time we attacked and never really looked like conceding despite spells of pressure. Cracking result.

Great result for Boro yesterday and performance. Really enjoyed the match and atmosphere, the 2600 travelling fans just sang all match. It was great to see. (It does help when you are 2 up after 25 mins and Rotherham were harshly down to 10 men)

I watched a semi-decent stream of it and we had maybe one alright chance, but it was dire stuff.

Sacking Riga was absolutely stupid in footballing terms. He's got the worst squad the Championship has ever seen, and to be honest had done well to get us to six points. However, he was too outspoken in standing up to our hopeless chairman and as result, there was only going to be one winner. Riga was made the scapegoat and now we have Lee Clark, who on first evidence is going to try and get us to hoof our way out of trouble. We'll be lucky to reach 20 points all season.

Farcical.