rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Timmo

Football League Championship Season 2014/15

I dont agree with you there Pants. If Holloway continues to improve the way we play and gets the results the fans will over look his motor mouth and get on board with him. The only problem will be his first dip in results and how he deals with that,

The board will back him to the very end either way.

Oh yeah, I was more referring to Holloway himself. If the crowd do get on his back after a drop in results, I can see him thinking 'balls to this'.

Hope I'm wrong about that though.

Oh yeah, I was more referring to Holloway himself. If the crowd do get on his back after a drop in results, I can see him thinking 'balls to this'.

Hope I'm wrong about that though.

Hopefully not. He seems pretty damn determined, but will do well not to turn on the fans like he did at the weekend (something he's since gone back on a bit).

I'll say this though, I've not been this excited about the club since the season we got out of league one!

Away to Rotherham United tomorrow.

In the two games between Wolves and Rotherham last season there were 16 goals!

They were pretty unfortunate in that they scored 7 goals against Wolves last season and only took one point. Pretty incredible really.

Blackpool really do look like a team with a bunch of players that no one else wants. If I was an out of contract lower league footballer, like anyone on this free transfer list, I would be getting my agent to contact Blackpool pronto.

http://www.thepfa.com/transferlist

Just saw a calamitous performance by David Perkins on the brief highlights of the Blackburn - Blackpool game. He was hugging a Blackburn player for 30 seconds inside the box and could easily have given away a penalty, hilarious Jason Lee style assist for the Blackpool goal and looks so out of shape. Looking so unfit with silver hair is not going to endear you to the fans. Seriously have a look at the highlights on sky's video page to see what I've just witnessed.

In stark contrast a lot of teams, even the unfancied teams have started well this season. Both Millwall and Bournemouth are the only teams to have won their first 2 games.

Bournemouth came very good last season and should be knocking on playoffs' door.

Went to Hillsborough for the first time yesterday to watch a very entertaining 0-0. Sheffield Wednesday look a different team to last season and it'll be interesting to follow them, I was very impressed.

Blackpool really do look like a team with a bunch of players that no one else wants. If I was an out of contract lower league footballer, like anyone on this free transfer list, I would be getting my agent to contact Blackpool pronto.

http://www.thepfa.com/transferlist

Just saw a calamitous performance by David Perkins on the brief highlights of the Blackburn - Blackpool game. He was hugging a Blackburn player for 30 seconds inside the box and could easily have given away a penalty, hilarious Jason Lee style assist for the Blackpool goal and looks so out of shape. Looking so unfit with silver hair is not going to endear you to the fans. Seriously have a look at the highlights on sky's video page to see what I've just witnessed.

In stark contrast a lot of teams, even the unfancied teams have started well this season. Both Millwall and Bournemouth are the only teams to have won their first 2 games.

Perkins won the sponsor's MOTM yesterday. Yes, really!

He's OK on the whole, but more through work rate than actual ability. Generally speaking, we were better during the 2nd half yesterday but still hard to see how our team is ever going to gel. We were actually able to fill our bench for the first time yesterday and with a few players injured / ineligible the squad is starting to approach a normal size now. The quality of that is questionable though.

I think we're in trouble. Not surprising, I know, but I worry we'll get cut adrift early and not be able to catch up once Riga can tinker with the squad a bit.

Oh, and don't get me started on signing Nile Ranger...

I think I could just repeat what I said after so many matches last season. Ipswich are creating plenty of chances but not putting the ball in the net when it counts.

Nile Ranger is an actual cunt and honestly Bamber, the fans would go mental if we signed him here. There were links to him a few season ago and the fans were already contacting the chairman to warn him off.

Forest were top this time last year as well after 3 games, but look what happened after that. Harder than ever to call who are going to be the major challengers this year. In the continuously changing landscape that is the championship a number of well managed new look teams are emerging like Bournemouth, a well drilled Hollaway side, Wolves starting with a bang. No gimme sides at all. Same as always any team can beat anyother on any given day.

Long 43 games to go. This is why it must be so gutting to lose in the playoffs as the teams have to endure another 46 games the following season to achieve that again.

By all accounts, while it looked an unlucky loss for Cardiff today with a last minute own goal, we were crap.

Not helped by Ole carrying on from last season and randomising the team. Changes an unbeaten defence for no apparent reason and drops Jones who had scored 3 in 3.

On paper - we've probably got the strongest squad in the division. In reality, the manager is out of his depth and God only knows what else is going to happen off field.

Hopefully, if we end up mid table and Tan has finished destroying Malky - he'll piss off, take Ole with him and we will somehow avoid going to the wall

He's an odd one. On his day Dawkins looks a class above in this division, particularly his dribbling and speed when carrying the ball, which make him look like the Championship's Willian. However he's been in a bit of a rut for the last 6 months or so, seeing plenty of the ball but being wasteful, to the extent that he actually got booed by a few fans and at Hillsborough his substitution was cheered by a fair few. Which is totally unfair and not what he needs. So I was totally stoked to see him score and hopefully it'll do him the world of good. He's quite possibly the hardest of our players to judge ability-wise. He really could go either way.

Regarding yesterday, funnily enough we weren't that good but the right people scored - Martin and Bryson getting off the mark is just what we needed. Fulham look in disarray. Only Parker, McCormack and 17 year old wonderkid Roberts are names that meant anything to me, they've a team with an average age around 20. If I was a betting man then I'd pop some money on them going down.

He's an odd one. On his day Dawkins looks a class above in this division, particularly his dribbling and speed when carrying the ball, which make him look like the Championship's Willian. However he's been in a bit of a rut for the last 6 months or so, seeing plenty of the ball but being wasteful, to the extent that he actually got booed by a few fans and at Hillsborough his substitution was cheered by a fair few. Which is totally unfair and not what he needs. So I was totally stoked to see him score and hopefully it'll do him the world of good. He's quite possibly the hardest of our players to judge ability-wise. He really could go either way.

Cheers, I hope he finally does make that form stick and gets a shot with Derby in the PL next season!

FFS lost to Fulham tonight. We were in desperate need of some body being in the sodding box to get on the end of all the crosses to nowhere.

I wonder what our out on loan striker was doing tonight? Oh that's right, he helped put 4 past the filth. :doh: