rllmuk
revlob

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I've just ordered a Switch and the game off the back of this thread, it sounds properly amazing!

The bloody pro controller is stupidly expensive though, that was a nope from me.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

I've just ordered a Switch and the game off the back of this thread, it sounds properly amazing!

The bloody pro controller is stupidly expensive though, that was a nope from me.

Yea it is pricey.  But back when I bought an Xbox One bluetooth controller, it cost me $45, then another $25 for the battery charging pack for wired charging, since those controllers don't come with rechargable batteries.  So either way I've already paid $70 for one controller before.  <_<

Yea it is pricey.  But back when I bought an Xbox One bluetooth controller, it cost me $45, then another $25 for the battery charging pack for wired charging, since those controllers don't come with rechargable batteries.  So either way I've already paid $70 for one controller before.  default_doubt.gif

40 hour battery life with the pro controller like the Wii U one is a big plus too.
  • Upvote 1

The Pro controller looks nice but I'm going to see how I get on just using Joycons. At least the experience will be consistent across both play modes then. Think I'd rather put the money towards more Joycons.

Edited by Stanley

I'm assuming some Edge Zelda scans were posted and promptly removed? Any kind soul want to point me in the right direction as to where they might be floating online or PM me? Postie let me down today, and I really can't wait until Monday night to read my subs copy.

Edit: Never mind. It's linked in the Negative BOTW thread, so that benighted place has a purpose after all. Off to read.

23 minutes ago, Stanley said:

The Pro controller looks nice but I'm going to see how I get on just using Joycons. At least the experience will be consistent across both play modes then. Think I'd rather put the money towards more Joycons.

This. If I can get used to the joy-cons, it will just make the muscle memory much easier when Switching from resting in the dock to resting on my cock.

Edited by jonamok
  • Upvote 1

I got to try all the control methods out today and honestly, if you can stretch to the 60 quid for the Pro then do it. 

The joycons in the grip are fine. But literally everything about the Pro is better. 

Edited by Majora
  • Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, Dan said:

40 hour battery life with the pro controller like the Wii U one is a big plus too.

One charge of the pro controller lasted me my entire 70+ hrs Twilight Princess HD playthrough and still had juice to spare.. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Stanley said:

60 quid is bloody ridiculous though.

Keep an eye out for discount codes etc, mine cost my a mere £52 quid - not pad considering I had to pay £45 for a PS4 pad when had its third fault and Sony wouldn't cover it within the 1 year guarantee....

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Stanley said:

60 quid is bloody ridiculous though.

Absolutely. 

I'll pass until they are much cheaper. 

It would have been nice for Nintendo to offer compatibility with the Wii U Pro controller as they look nigh on identical unless there are some amazing features in the switch version that I am unaware of.. 

On the subject,  I still find Nintendos back to front A, B and X, Y buttons a bit confusing. 

2 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Absolutely. 

I'll pass until they are much cheaper. 

It would have been nice for Nintendo to offer compatibility with the Wii U Pro controller as they look nigh on identical unless there are some amazing features in the switch version that I am unaware of.. 

On the subject,  I still find Nintendos back to front A, B and X, Y buttons a bit confusing. 

No gyro in wii u pro pad let alone HD rumble - I have been playing Wind waker HD on the pro pad and its great but no gyro aiming on the bow etc really is a miss. I don't think they will get much cheaper, pro pad never did even now once the Wii U is dead its not any cheaper.

I think the Pro controller looks great but too expensive for now. Amazing battery life with all the tech built in when you compare it to the dismal battery life of a DS4.

Would also be cool if they added a game download with the controller like they are doing with the joycons and Snipperclips. Now I just sound entitled.

You know what's absolutely crazy about all these insane gameplay videos that is making people order the console?

They are all from the opening 5 hours of the game that Nintendo is allowing people to show, only 5 hours!  Let that sink in, you can do all this in the first evening you have the game, it's not cool things you get to do in the last 15% of the game you can do this more or less once you leave the starting area.

Now imagine what's to come...

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

No gyro in wii u pro pad let alone HD rumble - I have been playing Wind waker HD on the pro pad and its great but no gyro aiming on the bow etc really is a miss. I don't think they will get much cheaper, pro pad never did even now once the Wii U is dead its not any cheaper.

I didn't know the Pro had the gyro and HD rumble but guess they will kill the battery life compared to the bare bones Wii U version. I would happily take a controller with neither feature for a cheaper price. 

I have just started Wind Waker so hope gyro isn't a necessity as I dislike that sort of thing..