revlob

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Been playing this since March on and off, have clocked up almost 200 hours, and still finding new quests from the vanilla game. Still have two shrines to find and just ticked over 500 Korok seeds w/ all slots maxed out.

Still haven't really fought the Lynels, either, so that's a whole new game to look forward to.

THIS FUCKING GAME :wub: 

• Upvote 2

Been a while since I've spammed some clips... 

The rest:

Spoiler

Obligatory DLC2 complete warning:

Spoiler

Progress map below.  It's slow and steady, but I am happy to eke it out.  Once this playthrough is done, I'll probably have to hang up my sword for good.  I don't want to ever finish tbh!  Going to finish the top-left quadrant before moving on.  Plan is to complete villages / stable quests as I visit them.  I'm tempted to remove the korok mask, too, I'm basically finding them before the telltale jingle, now!

4.thumb.jpg.949f5db160b54fd4358b7bd5fef950ad.jpg

• Upvote 1

Finally finished. Over 75 hours. 65 shrines. Calamity Ganon downed.

The final fight was wonderful, although cow mode didn’t really add anything.

The cutscenes, while slight, were perfectly pitched. I felt like I’d been in a Ghibli movie. 

A game like this comes along once a generation. Genuinely feel a sense of loss at having finished it, which I last felt with TLOU, and maybe SOTC before that. It’s also one of the few videogames I actually complete nowadays.

Amazing accomplishment for Nintendo and totally the GOTY.

• Upvote 4

After finding all the memories, completing 99 shrines, discovering 202 koroks and finishing the Champions Ballad I finally faced up to my responsibilities and tackled Calamity Ganon.  I can't believe the game didn't click with me first time around because it's utterly amazing!  It's been pretty much all I have been playing and I still want to keep exploring.  After about 150 hours I also finally stumbled upon my first bear sighting.

Despite finishing the game I'm still wandering and exploring and don't see that finishing any time soon.  I still also need to have a proper go at the Trial of the Sword and may even venture into Master Mode.  Just a fantastic experience all round.

• Upvote 3

Flipping heck man. Got to what I presume is the final trial of the final set of sword trials, on my first attempt in Master mode! Intense doesn't cover it! Wish I'd saved a precious ancient arrow, hah. 

Also, addict in the making... 

rps20171229_160150.jpg.568d41fbbe514742acc035435b7563ad.jpg

Oh man, I budgeted those arrows so carefully in the sword trials, they were gold dust even on normal mode- props for getting so far on Master!

I’m still dipping in, in short bursts. Half an hour, a few koroks, a few chests. Still need to play around with (DLC 2 reward) more, I always forget I have it. 

Ha, two more goes and I smashed the final trial on master mode. I was rushing before due to a damage buff I applied before starting.. Being my usual diligent self nabbed me three times as many ancient arrows, which, to be frank, made the last few stages trivial!  :D

In many ways, the beginning trials are the hardest, I'd say. 

Ah man, just finished watching this. Any% Speedrun, some of the tech is insane and super cool. It's 45mins(!).

Aside from the mad tech, my favourite thing what I learned was:

Spoiler

If you to Ganon 'early', you fight any calamities you've not beaten at Hyrule castle sanctum before the last boss! 

So awesome. 

This should be a bit easier on people's bandwidth, a direct link to a compilation of today's (mis)adventures. :) 

Plus one embed for my favourite clip today:

• Upvote 3

And ANOTHER thing I love about this game (bear with me here) is that I've played it for twenty minutes, half an hour today. And it was brilliant and I feel like I achieved stuff whilst doing so. I tend to binge pretty hard on open world games, play for six or seven hours a day. This, you can pick up for ten minutes, do a shrine, explore a mountain, notice some nice little touch Nintendo have stuck in, and put it down again. 

Twenty minutes into Skyrim and I'd still be sorting out my fucking inventory. 

• Upvote 4

Yeah totally, and coupled with the fact that actually moving Link around the world is such a pleasure (with his super weighty inertia and moveset) makes the game a delight however long you play for. 

As much as I love skyrim, the actions you actually perform, aside from maybe archery and lockpicking, are very limp. 

• Upvote 3

Put this on today for the first time in months. Still need to kill one more guardian. But like you say climbed a mountain, found a shrine. Scratched my head for a bit , completed shrine. Then had to leave it. About 30 minutes but still felt like progress was made.

Not really nailed down the combat yet still panic if I get mobbed. Eating health dinner's at an alarming rate.

Need to list.

Get better at combat.

Complete Air guardian

Find climbing  gear have the shirt.

Third giant fairy.

Better gear.

Find shrines and seeds.

Beat Gannon.

Try DLC.

With my limited playtime the next instalment should be ready.Or Splatoon 2 worms it way back into my switch.

There’s a korok seed that’s giving me so much grief- it’s just rolling a snowball into a hole, but if you miss, you have to come back later when it’s respawned. Three goes so far: on the third try I had my strategy all ready (don’t panic and just use stasis again if it’s missing) then I got attacked by wolves at the crucial moment!

• Empathy 2

One week in and I've fully scanned the map. What's normally 40 minutes of busy work in Assassin's Creed was a 10 hour epic adventure in this. Did it with a maximum of 7 hearts. Lots of guile and cowardice, the Ridgeland Tower with the 3 air dancers was pretty tough going.

• Upvote 2

I'm missing one shrine at Kakariko Village because I can't seem to retrieve the heirloom (orb) from Impa's House.

Do I need to beat the game or something before this one becomes available or am I just missing a puzzle that I need to solve?

I don't want to know the answer to the puzzle if it's the latter!

Restarted on hard mode today.  I like the elevated platforms for the bokoblin lookouts, they add a nice twist. This fast becoming my favourite game of all time. A true masterpiece. 

1 hour ago, David Heath said:

I'm missing one shrine at Kakariko Village because I can't seem to retrieve the heirloom (orb) from Impa's House.

Do I need to beat the game or something before this one becomes available or am I just missing a puzzle that I need to solve?

It’s not really a puzzle per se. I think it’s a shrine quest triggered by a certain piece of dialogue you encounter while chatting to cunts kickin about Kakariko Village. 

• Upvote 3

I’n About 265 hours in (!) and I’ve never been to Pondo’s Lodge either. Incredible. Also, just yesterday I came across a Korok puzzle I’d not not encountered before (it involves daffodils). This game.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, David Heath said:

Talk to everyone the village. There will be a side quest you haven't completed. Try talking to people in the night time too! 

2 hours ago, Stanshall said:

Only 120 hours here but I felt I had seen everything of note. Then yesterday I stumbled across the Forgotten Temple... 

Sounds like you’ve not got all the shrines yet...

@scottcr Certainly not, I've only got 64 but I've maxed out my stamina and felt I'd seen enough shrines. I'm not particularly into the side quests so I've got a long list of them waiting for the day. I put about 80/90 hours in over the first month or so, covered what I felt was most corners of the map, went back to it intermittently but generally felt I'd done enough, besides finishing off Hyrule Castle, and I was in no rush. Around the first DLC, I got all the memories, beat Ganon and that was pretty much that, for me. Neither DLC offered me a great deal, with the shrines being quite low on the list of things I loved about the game. It is my GOTY, one of the best I've ever played but I don't feel I need or want to squeeze it dry of all content. I'd prefer to dip back in when I feel the urge and feel that it's still alive and has more to offer. 

• Upvote 1

This game is fucking amazing, i'm 25 hours in and have only just beat my first divine beast. The exploration is second to none, reminds me of playing WoW when it first launched, except you can actually find stuff to do everywhere, regardless of what you've got/done. It seems almost impossible to get bored playing it and all i'm doing is running and climbing! It seems strange playing an RPG that is so 'mechanically' perfect - normally something that you expect in action games / platformers that rely on it, but this has none of the clunkiness you get with most RPG's.

I'm also still playing the Witcher 3 (near the end of the vanilla game) and have been playing Divinity Original Sin 2 with the other half - it's like a holy trinity of amazing RPG's. (Everyone should play DOS2 if they can!)

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Stanshall said:

@scottcr Certainly not, I've only got 64 but I've maxed out my stamina and felt I'd seen enough shrines. I'm not particularly into the side quests so I've got a long list of them waiting for the day. I put about 80/90 hours in over the first month or so, covered what I felt was most corners of the map, went back to it intermittently but generally felt I'd done enough, besides finishing off Hyrule Castle, and I was in no rush. Around the first DLC, I got all the memories, beat Ganon and that was pretty much that, for me. Neither DLC offered me a great deal, with the shrines being quite low on the list of things I loved about the game. It is my GOTY, one of the best I've ever played but I don't feel I need or want to squeeze it dry of all content. I'd prefer to dip back in when I feel the urge and feel that it's still alive and has more to offer. 

Fair enough... what I would say is that some of the shrine quests have the best moments in the game and take you places you didn’t know existed.  Have you found all four leviathans? I’d recommend doing that. Also, in the DLC, the time challenges through the rings at the volcano and hebra are well worth doing.:: but like you said, They’re not going anywhere and will Ben there for you when you come back.