revlob

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I had been to the castle before briefly but ducked out after getting the shield. Returned just now and whilst there ulis plenty of loot around found myself using a fair few items beating the tougher enemies in there such as the blue lynel. I seem unable to locate any royal recipes, thought they might be near the dining hall I encountered on my first visit but seem unable to find my way back there this time around. The castle enemies are a mix of challenging but fun and challenging but annoyingly positioned guardian's, I prefer the open world areas in comparrison.

I didn’t go to the castle until quite late on. Everyone was banging on about the amazing weapons and stuff there but I figured it would be a waste to get the nice stuff and then have it break before I got to the castle proper. 

I also dont particularly enjoy it there, too many guardians in awkward spots and the flying ones can just do one. 

39 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

I didn’t go to the castle until quite late on. Everyone was banging on about the amazing weapons and stuff there but I figured it would be a waste to get the nice stuff and then have it break before I got to the castle proper. 

I also dont particularly enjoy it there, too many guardians in awkward spots and the flying ones can just do one. 

Slight spoiler

the nicest stuff respawns - apart from the shield, but you can get a replacement once Tarry Town is built

I thought Hyrule Castle was the worst bit of the game and I only went in after I’d done the four divine beasts. 

I thought about going in early on in the game but, y’know, I’m the hero of time and I’ve waited 100 years for this. I’m not fighting Ganon with a fucking broom handle and pot lid. 

• Upvote 1

The best bit in Hyrule Castle was when you get to use magnesis to fight enemies in the big hall area, and absolutely wreck them. 

There's also my favourite of Zelda's memories hidden somewhere. 

It's been quite odd watching everyone go "LeChuck you've got to play it your way! Don't expect any handholding!" then almost immediately saying afterwards "LeChuck you MUST go to Hyrule Castle! Here, let me hold your hand!".

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, parrapatheslapper said:

Cheers again for this.  I tried it out last night and whilst my hit ratio is a bit off I managed to take down a few guardians by waiting until the eye flashed blue however it does seem a bit hit and miss - and when you miss it's game over! 

Make sure you eat your strongest raise defence meal first, and/or a big temporary heart increase meal (as well as having your best armour on, whatever that may be) and you've a good chance of surviving a hit, base damage with no defence is around 12 hearts. Also stock up on fairies! Once you've got a decent amount of hearts it's just a question of healing if you mess up until you get the timing down. The eye flash is also pretty much a guaranteed parry cue, especially when up close, but the early panic doesn't half play its part in messing with your timing. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, revlob said:

It's been quite odd watching everyone go "LeChuck you've got to play it your way! Don't expect any handholding!" then almost immediately saying afterwards "LeChuck you MUST go to Hyrule Castle! Here, let me hold your hand!".

Did anyone say you must go? On my part is was more a case of pointing out that you can go there, not necessarily that you should. Captain Le Chuck likes getting people involved and discussing his playthrough, which is great and entertaining, so it's not surprising that people might say 'ah, but did you know you can go here, or you don't have to go there..' it's all part of the enjoyment. The equivalent of being there in the living room as an onlooker getting caught up in the action. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, stefcha said:

Make sure you eat your strongest raise defence meal first, and/or a big temporary heart increase meal (as well as having your best armour on, whatever that may be) and you've a good chance of surviving a hit, base damage with no defence is around 12 hearts. Also stock up on fairies! Once you've got a decent amount of hearts it's just a question of healing if you mess up until you get the timing down. The eye flash is also pretty much a guaranteed parry cue, especially when up close, but the early panic doesn't half play its part in messing with your timing. 

Agreed - the early panic seems to be what the real problem is! 

I need to look into fairies, pretty sure I don't have any although I did find the big one! 

7 minutes ago, parrapatheslapper said:

Agreed - the early panic seems to be what the real problem is! 

I need to look into fairies, pretty sure I don't have any although I did find the big one! 

That's where you'll find them, usually three 3 or 4 (the max you can have - I've never had more as they don't respawn until you've used your current ones) and you have to be careful not to scare them off. 

Felt great parrying a Guardian’s beam for the first time... only downside was being outside the Forgotten Temple. Still, good place to practice the technique.

Went back to the castle finally parrying guardian blasts somewhat consistently and got the royal recipe I needed as well as some more gear...then encountered a white maned lynel...equipped my shockproof gear and decided I was bad ass enough to take him- big mistake :(

This beast seems impossible compared to the blue lynel I fought last time and much tougher than the white maned lynel near a certain giant sword I beat out in the main game world (with much poorer armour and weapons)

So I have smashed the main game with about 5 shrines left to find, I have beat master mode I am yet to finish the master sword trials and I still havn't got the parry and dodging down haha

• Upvote 2

I've been hooked on this having got over that initial feeling of being lost.  I've been taking my time, content with exploring, discovering shrines, korok seeds and other puzzles.  There have been a few quests I've finished before finding out about them so it's good to be able to just stumble upon things without them being pointed out.  The world is vast - there was one area I thought i was coming up to the edge of the map before realising there was more to explore beyond and still lots of things I've marked to come back to.

Given the comments above I've also now ventured into Hyrule castle - picked up lots of equipment as well as finding the royal recipes.  I too had just steered clear of the castle up until now.  Parrying guardians is still very much hit and miss but very satisfying when pulling it off.  And I lasted seconds against that Lynel ... maybe later

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

And finished. Disappointed the game doesn't just continue post Ganon, and that you have to load an earlier save. But the fight was fun. Really glad I learned that parry!  More to do, but I'm gonna have to take a break from the switch. The default pad is giving my left thumb problems, not sure I'll fork out for a pro pad though. 

Did you get all the memories?

1 minute ago, Captain LeChuck said:

Ha, yes. But I didn't go to Impa before doing Ganon. 

Hide contents

I'm now heading to the 'final memory'. 

I'm guessing there's a better ending or something if I do?

Aye 

10 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

And finished. Disappointed the game doesn't just continue post Ganon, and that you have to load an earlier save. But the fight was fun. Really glad I learned that parry!  More to do, but I'm gonna have to take a break from the switch. The default pad is giving my left thumb problems, not sure I'll fork out for a pro pad though. 

Pro Pad is so good for Zelda, and Mario tbh.

On 08/11/2017 at 18:50, CovisGod said:

About to become the most unpopular forumite,

I just can’t get to grips with it. I find it really, really difficult. Anything attacks me and I’m dead straight away, I’ve found nothing to upgrade my armour since the start and if I do partake in any sort of battle it breaks my couple of lowly weapons and I’m back to square one,

I don’t think this is one made for me, which is a shame because I really wanted to love it. It’s not going anywhere, I’ll put it down for a bit and go back to it I think

Following on from this, I’ve been off today and have been determined to give it a good go. I took somebody on here I forget who’s advice about I may have just wandered into a hard area of the map, so I went back a bit and took a different path and am finding it a lot better, I also had a load of gems and stuff hoarded that I sold to buy arrows which made the next bit a lot easier....

I came across a great big giant dude with one eye and put about 50 arrows into him to take him down, he dropped a royal bow and royal sword that are Head and shoulders better than any other weapons I’ve ever found, which is awesome

I feel like I may have got over a huge barrier I’d told myself of it being too hard and am actually really starting to enjoy myself with it again. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Gizamaluke said:

I got up at 4:15 this morning, turned this on and have only just turned it off.

What a game man.

I had a 12+ hour marathon session one Sunday earlier in the summer while wife n kids were away....as you say what a game.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Following on from this, I’ve been off today and have been determined to give it a good go. I took somebody on here I forget who’s advice about I may have just wandered into a hard area of the map, so I went back a bit and took a different path and am finding it a lot better, I also had a load of gems and stuff hoarded that I sold to buy arrows which made the next bit a lot easier....

Hide contents

I came across a great big giant dude with one eye and put about 50 arrows into him to take him down, he dropped a royal bow and royal sword that are Head and shoulders better than any other weapons I’ve ever found, which is awesome

I feel like I may have got over a huge barrier I’d told myself of it being too hard and am actually really starting to enjoy myself with it again. 

You know those big guys, you can ***** down, and **** stuff from him ;)

• Upvote 1