rllmuk
MW_Jimmy

Bloodborne - GOTD edition

I can’t imagine there’s a huge audience for a nearly 45 year old man playing Bloodborne badly. 

1 hour ago, spanx said:

Brilliant. If you want to flail around at some bosses with a summon give me a shout. 

I might take you up on that if I get a PS Plus sub any time soon...

Just jumped back in for a few more Hooded Bruiser deaths :D

Ok there is an utter bastard in this healing church area. Jesus, he hits HARD

On 23/02/2020 at 17:30, spanx said:

Reached the Cleric Beast!!

And died :)

This was me just now. :D

40 minutes ago, spanx said:

Ok there is an utter bastard in this healing church area. Jesus, he hits HARD

You mean the thing at the very bottom? I just ran past him and opened the door. :hat:

I'm currently in the place behind the password door getting very into Ludwig's Holy Blade which didn't take me long to save for in the end. Staggering almost everything is very helpful. The only downside is the lack of parrying because two-handed. I guess I could attempt to master switching to single-hand for those.

I even ducked into the DLC and opened the first shortcut. Amazing how moreish this game still is. Having fun smacking the shit out of everything.

@Number 28 The

Spoiler

Bastard with a tentacle who stuns you with magic then horrifically stabs you in the head with said tentacle. Jesus

Ah right. Is he not the guy just off the Cathedral Ward plaza area filled with giants? I was thinking of the Healing Church Workshop area which is the area that inexplicably opens from Oedon Chapel after killing BSB and nobody notices the door, hence a load of posts online asking 'Where next after BSB?' I had to look myself because I totally forgot. :lol:

Btw, you may have noticed, but the head leech attack steals your insight, which is fairly annoying.

I decided to fire this up again the other night. It's a totally different beast 2nd time around. The executioner went down without a scratch, then cleric beast second time (I'm claiming camera issues first go). Tonight I cleared out most of C.Yarnham and said hello to Papa G. Had him down to last dregs of health first go and my wife walks in saying "turn it down this is disgusting!" and stands in front of the TV. I'm now getting a divorce.

Best game ever.

• Upvote 7

11 hours ago, spanx said:

I can’t imagine there’s a huge audience for a nearly 45 year old man playing Bloodborne badly. 

Maybe not huge, but given the reaction here to your adventures then perhaps enthusiastic! Plus, if you stream in YouTube you have a record of your play... If you like that sort of thing... Anyway, I'd watch if the time was right :)

Just started playing this last night. I am always reluctant to use any consumables in any game and haven’t really had any cause to use my gun yet. Can I just spaff bullets up the wall safe in the knowledge that I am not going to run out?

Also don’t think I have used a blood vial yet although I accidentally used something by pressing up or down on the dpad I think. I am pretty sure it cost me

health when I did it. Anyway use them with reckless abandon too?

Then finally can you collect your blood/souls when you die like in DS or nah?

Bullets/Vials are fixed consumables and annoyingly sparse at the start.

IIRC Up on the Dpad hurts you but gives you a couple of extra bullets

1 hour ago, carlito said:

Just started playing this last night. I am always reluctant to use any consumables in any game and haven’t really had any cause to use my gun yet. Can I just spaff bullets up the wall safe in the knowledge that I am not going to run out?

Also don’t think I have used a blood vial yet although I accidentally used something by pressing up or down on the dpad I think. I am pretty sure it cost me

You can buy vials and bullets from one of the birdbaths in the Hunter's Dream. Spend all your odd echoes on them, as any you can't carry go into storage. You'll have a healthy stockpile before long.

You can recollect your souls after you die, look for the pool of blood on the ground, or an enemy with blue glowing eyes.

14 hours ago, spanx said:

@Number 28 The

Hide contents

Bastard with a tentacle who stuns you with magic then horrifically stabs you in the head with said tentacle. Jesus

Suckerfuckers! I hate those guys

2 hours ago, carlito said:

Central Yarnham, the first area, is a good place to learn how the gun/parry system works. Try it on the trolls, just as they are mid-attack animation. You get a satisfying sound, they slump to the ground and you can batter them with a visceral attack (R1, standing still)

5 hours ago, carlito said:

Enemies with firearms always drop Quicksilver bullets (and some others), and they're usually very weak and slow to make up for their range. Larger enemies usually drop 2-3 blood vials, so don't worry too much about using them.

"Haven't had cause to use gun" makes it sound like you're not currently aware of the visceral mechanic? You really gotta get into that because it's awesome. As Hylian says, practice on the brick-wielding brutes who have a massive window for parries. Shoot mid-animation then R1. There's also a backstab if you hold R2 behind, then R1, but that usually involves sneaking up on enemies.

I should probably mention that there's very little point in using the gun outside of visceral attempts because they do very little damage (unless bloodtinge build?) However, if an enemy has only a slither of health remaining it's a good idea to finish them off risk-free.

• Upvote 1

Thoroughly explored Cathedral Ward this evening, killed a whole heap of dopey axe giants, found a door that needs a password, then found a new boss!

Spoiler

Vicar Amelia

Didn’t last long. Tomorrow night it goes down. 

It’s so weird to think back now and how impenetrable this felt. It’s been quite a journey, already thinking about taking on a Dark Souls game after. 

In about a year. 

Which is realistically how long it’s going to take to finish this :)

• Upvote 6

My god, that Hunter in

Spoiler

Byrgenwerth

She's absolutely rinsing me, I can't believe it. It's like she has all the stamina in the world and I can't even run away consistently to recover. I've tried summoning NPCs and she still wipes me out instantly with her arcane bullshit.:doh:

Edit: Ok, I got lucky with my summon and she's toast. It's strange that the summon won't join you for the following boss battle. Are you allowed to summon other players there?

Read-only Memory down in four attempts. Things get somewhat more difficult now, probably my least favourite part of the game. Thankfully Ludwig's Holy Blade is +9 and stuffed with decent gems. Also...

Spoiler

953976305_WhatsAppImage2020-03-05at03_48_12.thumb.jpeg.7c091f993d6b28f541ab40e2448df47c.jpeg

You can summon NPCS for Rom but don’t, they’re useless as I recall.

Summon me instead.

• Upvote 2

That's the thing, I did summon the NPC next to the balcony but he wouldn't follow me through the fog gate. :(

I'd summon some Rllmukers but no PS+. Out of curiosity, did Dark Souls III require plus for online features, or was Sony only stingy when the PS4 launched?

I'm currently about halfway through Sekiro and struggling to make progress in the various routes I've got available to me, so I'm no ninja at these games.... but I will never understand the problems people have with ROM. He's so easy. 

Just put as much pressure on him as possible and ignore everything else. 

The magic and spiders can proper fuck you in my experience.

I've always found ROM to be a breeze, but IIRC you can be one-shot killed by one of the moves (or maybe even an attack from one of the spiders) if you haven't levelled VIT enough. You need to be able to survive a hit so you can roll out and heal.

But yeah. Easiest boss in the game. ;)

The magic is pretty easy to avoid, it's the nosediving minions that took me out a few times. You want them to mostly be on the other side of ROM or they can rain on you, so there's a little luck involved, unless you're spending time herding them, if that's possible?

Ah yeah, have not been using the visceral/parry system. It seems super forgiving!

I’m fucked if I can manage a backstab though.

Can I do that without a gun equipped like an old school DS parry?

Are you trying to backstab DS style? It doesn't work like that. You have to stun a distracted enemy from behind with a charged R2 (another satisfying sound effect), then get to his/her/its back and press R1

Really struggling with VA. just can’t get her energy down before I run out of vials. It’s also just not a fun fight unlike BSB. Struggling

8 minutes ago, spanx said:

Really struggling with VA. just can’t get her energy down before I run out of vials. It’s also just not a fun fight unlike BSB. Struggling

There's another way to go you can try for a break.. 

Spoiler

Go left at the church steps. 

Yup, head left. In that direction you'll come across loads of twin blood stone shards to upgrade your weapon to +6. Have you been affixing gems to your weapon? That potentially helps a lot too, depending on what you've found.