rllmuk
JohnC

The Expanse - officially saved by Amazon

Onto episode 9 now... brilliant stuff.  Starting to remember names as their back story gets pieced together.

I will say though that Shohreh Agdashloo's acting is annoying me a little bit... 

5 hours ago, scottcr said:

Onto episode 9 now... brilliant stuff.  Starting to remember names as their back story gets pieced together.

I will say though that Shohreh Agdashloo's acting is annoying me a little bit... 

She’s my 2nd favourite - I could deffo watch a buddy movie of her and Amos 

• Upvote 1

Oh, man, you ain't seen nothing yet.

So, nobody I've seen posting here has mentioned the music in the show. While it's quite often a bit samey, with the same themes running through it, there's moments where it just fits so fucking well.

Spoiler for season 3:

Episode 2, IFF, when the Roci is about to pull off its crazy attack and goes flying past the Razorback, it's just epic as fuck.

6 hours ago, Meh said:

Oh, man, you ain't seen nothing yet.

So, nobody I've seen posting here has mentioned the music in the show. While it's quite often a bit samey, with the same themes running through it, there's moments where it just fits so fucking well.

Spoiler for season 3:

Reveal hidden contents

Episode 2, IFF, when the Roci is about to pull off its crazy attack and goes flying past the Razorback, it's just epic as fuck.

Out of my seat, hands in the air, “Fucking.... YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!” moment that!

Just watched through all three series of this over the last couple of months and it's bloody brilliant, it just gets better and better the more it goes on. I've literally just smashed the whole of season 3 over the last few days and I can't wait to see where it goes especially with that ending

Spoiler

with the other rings and also what the hell did Holden see right at the end?

So happy this got picked up for another series. Any idea when that's out?

I think Amos is definitely my favourite character.

• Upvote 1

I really hope S4 follows the “if you thought season x was good...” thing. Season 3 was so good, I just can’t see them topping it.

Onto epsiode 10 of series 2... big political tensions ramping up and about to find out what's going on on Venus....

absolutely love the show 

HOWEVER

struggling with the actor what plays Chrisjen Avasarala 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Most people really like her for whatever reason but I've always found her performances to be a bit variable. 

She has a good part - and has some great lines... it's just the actors delivery feels really unnatural.  

Finished episode 6 of season 2, and maybe I'm alone in this, but I much preferred season 1. I'm enjoying 2, but not feeling the '1 more episode' vibe I had with season 1, which is why it's taking me a while to get through. It seems to have more of a 'set piece of the week' feel than the slow build up of plot in season 1, but that might be me being picky as it's still a cut above most stuff on TV, 

Plus I really can't stand the martian marines. They seem like military caricatures in the extreme, and the stuff that happens in episode 6 at the end seemed a bit off.

Spoiler

Though having thought about, I wondered why they didn't notice that the UN marines were firing behind them, but Bobbie obviously did but comms were down.

Am going to crack through a few more tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Plus I really can't stand the martian marines.

Don't worry, Bobbie is ace and that's all that matters... :)

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Danster said:

Don't worry, Bobbie is ace and that's all that matters... :)

Seen all the love here, but obviously not seen too much of her yet, so I'm hoping I'll get to see it the same way!

4 hours ago, scottcr said:

She has a good part - and has some great lines... it's just the actors delivery feels really unnatural.  

Does she just speak like that? It's really strange way to speak but the script doesn't help, but when she's given less exposition to get through it's much less jarring. 

7 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Seen all the love here, but obviously not seen too much of her yet, so I'm hoping I'll get to see it the same way!

Once you see her eat sandwiches, you'll understand.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Laine said:

She was in 24 and she definitely just talks like that.

Seen her in a few things and it's just the way she talks. She was in Grimm and Mass Effect 2/3 as well. I like her tbh, she always adds something a bit different to a part.

• Upvote 1

scottcr, not particularly spoilers as such, but:

Back half of season 2 regarding assavaralalaa:

She gets much better.

• Upvote 1