IGNORED

Your retro youtube videos

Swainy

The Master System did full 3D three decades before VR was mainstream but recreating that experience now requires expensive custom glasses, 8 rare games cartridges and an early model of the machine.  Or, you could just watch Yesterzine with your common as dirt red/blue glasses...

Decided to revisit a Core Design classic with a few stages gameplay from Firestorm Thunderhawk 2 on SEGA Saturn:

Did some digging into unreleased content as well with the unfinished Motorbike Stages from Bare Knuckles III / Streets of Rage 3:

So the other week i did a live stream of Sonic 3D Blast on the Mega Drive, which included a full playthrough in the end.

After the stream I decided to take a look at the director's cut patch Jon Burton did a few years back to improve the game. The update is very impressive and improves the original game in a number of areas:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When any youtuber talks about the last game for a system they are almost certainly lying to you.  Depending on where you live, the last "Master System game" was between 1989 and 1998.  But actually there's at least 10 new things for 2021 you can run on your Master System right now. Here they are...

I’ve recently been made aware of this new version of Pac-Man championship edition for the NES, and it’s brilliant!

its not one of those modern games that look retro either, it really is a real nes game that works on the real hardware. (If you can get it on there)

love it.

I didn't put this in the comments because I didn't want to bitch but FYI I had to stop watching that one after about 90 seconds, the huge yellow text is simultaneously unreadable and also makes it entirely impossible to pay attention to the game. At least for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Been taking a look at a lot of PS3 and PSP games over the past few weeks.

Just finished tonight's stream on Worms Battle Island, which is digital only on PSP and is packed with single player and versus content. Also got a retail Nintendo Wii release, think this one got rather overlook, but great content for a worms title. Costs £11.99 on PSN store, not sure how much longer it will be available for.

Also did a longplay on the rather enjoyable Point Blank arcade style clone Wicked Monsters Blast!. Doesn't quite have as much content as the Namco series, but very well made and has a really bright and colourful look. It's on the PS3 and Wii U as digital releases with extra content over the original Wii version. Great for parties and short bursts supports the PlayStation Move on PS3. Not gonna keep you hooked for hours still it's £7.99 on PSN at present and you unlock characters and more modes as you play.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a cheap Chinese knock-off cartridge on ebay promising 25 things I can't read and a movie whose game never reached the Mega Drive. I showed the listing to @super_quincy and he did the only sane thing, bought one too so we could discover it together.

You join us one Friday night as we boot them up for the first time blind...

On 19/03/2021 at 17:00, Dudley said:

The Master System did full 3D three decades before VR was mainstream but recreating that experience now requires expensive custom glasses, 8 rare games cartridges and an early model of the machine.  Or, you could just watch Yesterzine with your common as dirt red/blue glasses...

Heres what we had in the 1950's, mind blown?

VR Headset (70 years later and i finally have this on ps4 lol)

Wikimedia-COmmons-Attrib-tag-added-Senso

VR - Arcade Machine 

1*cfbx1nn2BOAtFfu0HdM_pw.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

So decided to do a run on the original Model 2 arcade version of The House Of The Dead, still dream of the day this gets a true home port with modern lightgun support. Not expecting much from the remake. This original is still my favourite of the series.

Keeping with a certain SEGA undead series, decided to run through the 3rd game this weekend. Solid title, but not a patch on the first two games I feel. Have never seen a cabinet in real life, but a few of my friends did years back. So never played the arcade version with the pump action shotgun controller:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/06/2021 at 13:13, Fuddle said:

i decided to play a football game... cos thats a thing thats happening in the real world right now according to everybody in my office.

Did some football myself with the Euro on with Mega Man Soccer, might have a look at the Saturn Euro 96 game as well on the channel in the next few days! Turned out to be a lot of fun on SNES.

Had a fun weekend looking at Waku Waku Sonic Patrol Car, that was a coin operated ride, you could find in Japan from 1991. Has voice acting long Sonic Adventure and sees Sonic patrolling the motorway looking for Eggman. Last about two minutes, but great fun for kids I imagine, it's a shame they didn't export this more, could see lots of kids riding this in a Supermarket.

Also head up had a content id from some music company called SUISA SESAC CS on this one claims to have the music rights to to Green Hill Zone, so far I can't find any links to SEGA or Masato Nakamura the original composer for this company.

Sticking with the Sonic the Hedgehog theme, seen as Sonic has reached 30! I decided to do a playthrough on his unported arcade game. The trackball controls took some adjustment to work fairly well with a pad, but got it down in the end so I could clear the first fives stages without dying. Would be nice to see a home version these days. Now, I'm off to capture some PSP games, before Sony nuke what's left of the store for it.

So with the PSP commerce shutdown nearly here, not entirely sure what is going, Level 5 and Altus have said that there PSP games are staying up in the PSVita/PS3 Store. Here's a selection of them to buy in Europe and yeah, I know the title looks a bit like clickbait.

Whilst reading Nintendo Magazine System for episode 30 of Yesterzine, Zool missed out on being the gaming hell by a scant 2%.  This is a game Amiga magazines rated as high as 97% just 2 years earlier.

So what's the deal? Format snobbery? Bad conversion.... or were Amiga owners fooled by getting anything to fire back at their Sonic owning mates?

YouTube informed me I had reached the giddy heights of 100 subscribers, so I thought it would be fun to do something different as a celebration...

This was created with the C64 version of Activision’s Complete Computer Fireworks Celebration Kit.

Using some simple commands you can choreograph your own display.