rubberducker

PlayStation VR

1 hour ago, Scruff said:

kWgpK_s-200x150.gif

It's exactly why I'm not too fussed about the lack of AC7 VR.

Made me chuckle imagining what people must look like when they don't manage to get the headset off in time.

I'm finding that after ten minutes play, the Aim controller isn't matching what I'm seeing in the game world. Like I know I'm holding it straight forward but in the game it's pointing somewhere else.  If I give the gun a shake it sorts out for a few minutes. Anyone see this? Have a got a duff controller?

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

I'm surprised, usually things like flight sims are ok because you've got that cockpit as a reference point.

Yep people expected the same from Wipeout VR and that's fine. Think a lot is down to how well it's implemented.

26 minutes ago, dumpster said:

I'm finding that after ten minutes play, the Aim controller isn't matching what I'm seeing in the game world. Like I know I'm holding it straight forward but in the game it's pointing somewhere else.  If I give the gun a shake it sorts out for a few minutes. Anyone see this? Have a got a duff controller?

It's the same as the drift problems you get with moves.

The same fixes apply. It's a case of checking your distance from the camera and any interfering light sources.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Dudley said:

I'm surprised, usually things like flight sims are ok because you've got that cockpit as a reference point.

The problem with the X-wing demo is that the cockpit moves all over the place. I can't believe the devs went for that. It's downright stupid. 

2 hours ago, memories said:

Thumper is pretty intense in this ain't it. 

I just got it for a fiver in a Steam offer. Looking forward to my Vive turning up - I'm going to do some psychedelic truffles at the same time while the wife is away.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, memories said:

:lol:I'm only halfway through level 2 but after seeing the end boss of level 1 I'm not so sure that's a good idea.

On a flat screen it's simply some big scary head that's floating over the horizon. I can't wait to see how VR gives it some proper scale.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scruff said:

Firewall is free this weekend (18th-20th).

Don't have an Aim controller but may give it a go with moves.

i don't think you can play it with Moves. DS4 yes.

I finally played a couple of the games in the PlayStation Worlds VR thing that came bundled with the kit. Again - I'm really impressed so far. I played the shark dive one first, which seemed like the most attractive to me, and it was well worth a punt. Good, and I'll probably go back and try the next missions, but not really gobsmacking.

But the London Heist one I thought was properly ace (I've only played the first chapter so far, mind). This is the kind of thing I'd avoid like the plague in a regular game, but the VR just makes it sing. Very little in the way of gameplay for a lot of the time, but having characters right up in your face works so well. I'm not sure I was taking it in the spirit it was intended mind, because whilst I was being threatened with torture I was actually just grinning at how well the tech was working.

Highly recommended, if like me you tend to ignore bundled stuff that you didn't think you wanted.

6 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

@MarkN - if you liked London Heist, there's a full game similar to that in the works, named Blood and Truth - I think the release date is still TBC but it might be worth keeping an eye on...

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/games/blood-and-truth-ps4/

unfortunately initial impressions of the demo shown at the game show in Birmingham last year were not good. I hope the full release is better as its one i'm looking forward too. 

There are a couple of new freebies up on the store.

Crow: The Legend (interactive animation): https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP2906-CUSA13880_00-CROWTHELEGEND001

PSVR Demo 3: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP9000-CUSA13845_00-PSVRDEMODISK0003

I'm not sure what's new in the Demo, but it could be SuperHot and The Persistence:

• Astro Bot Rescue Mission™
  • SUPERHOT VR
  • Headmaster 
  • Resident Evil 7 biohazard Teaser Demo: The Kitchen
  • Job Simulator*
  • Moss™
  • The Persistence 
  • Thumper 
  • Battlezone®

Saw that earlier, it's a weird demo bundle release because it includes mostly stuff from the previous two demos but overall it's probably the best to check out if you were restricted to picking just one.  Astro Bot, Superhot and RE7 are the new ones.  

Demo 1:

Spoiler

DRIVECLUB™ VR
RIGS™ Mechanized Combat League
PlayStation® VR Worlds
Tumble VR
Until Dawn™: Rush of Blood
Here They Lie
Battlezone® 
EVE: Valkyrie
Headmaster
Wayward Sky
Harmonix Music VR
Job Simulator
Rez Infinite
Thumper
Allumette

Demo 2:

Spoiler

Battlezone®
EVE: Valkyrie
Moss
Star Child
The Persistence
Thumper
Tiny Trax
Dino Frontier *
Fantastic Contraption *
Job Simulator *
Raw Data *
Rez Infinite

That's the correct reaction, Goose.  :D

Actually, talking of BS, I've had some tracking issues with it the last couple of times I've played. Never had it before, got the same lighting setup in the room, but I've had the occasional sabre going off wonky since the last update. Anybody else had that?

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Goose said:

My wife just played four rounds in a row and deemed it the best game ever.

My wife adores it. Since she first tried it we had official Beat Saber time for the family every weekend.

This weekend she had a go on a friend of the families who has it on PC with a Rift headset with loads of extra tracks. She was almost convinced that we need to buy a powerful enough PC and a Rift!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stefcha said:

One thing that is actually new on there is a demo for the upcoming Eden Tomorrow, not tried it yet.

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP2299-CUSA13009_00-ETDEMO0000000002

Well worth a try when you get the time. I thought it was really good and am now looking forward to the release. I'd recommend going into settings before you start though and changing the direction of movement from head tracking to controller. I did however leave head tracking for movement on for the AI buddy.

I thought it looked very nice (quite reminiscent of Farpoint in places) and the AI buddy is well written and voice acted with some lovely animations.

3 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

Well worth a try when you get the time. I thought it was really good and am now looking forward to the release. I'd recommend going into settings before you start though and changing the direction of movement from head tracking to controller. I did however leave head tracking for movement on for the AI buddy.

I thought it looked very nice (quite reminiscent of Farpoint in places) and the AI buddy is well written and voice acted with some lovely animations.

That's almost the exact opposite of my experience.  I did like some of the environments, but found the Cortanna thing incredibly irritating, the whole thing moved at a snail's pace, there were constant interruptions to the flow of the exploration, and one specific piece of animation was hilariously bad...

Spoiler

The guy getting out of the crashed pod and being eaten by the dragon thing.

I uninstalled the demo and won't be going back for the full game.  Not complaining though, I'm just thankful there was a demo.

14 minutes ago, catinthehat said:

That's almost the exact opposite of my experience.  I did like some of the environments, but found the Cortanna thing incredibly irritating, the whole thing moved at a snail's pace, there were constant interruptions to the flow of the exploration, and one specific piece of animation was hilariously bad...

Reveal hidden contents

The guy getting out of the crashed pod and being eaten by the dragon thing.

I uninstalled the demo and won't be going back for the full game.  Not complaining though, I'm just thankful there was a demo.

With regards to the quote, yes that was pretty bad I grant you, and I think having watched a trailer the animation in a lot of cases isn't the best.

With regards to it being slow, I personally didn't mind that as you are supposed to be hurt and I personally felt it added to the sense of discovery a bit as opposed to legging it through everything. However I can understand how it's not for everyone. I'm also assuming that the constant interruptions are because it's the beginning of the game and it's introducing the controls and game mechanics. If it stays like that for the whole game then it would be an issue.