rubberducker

PlayStation VR

For me it was the worst in the black rooms with the memories. Still, grand VR experience and worth trying.

4 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

I hated the skip movement and also changed it to smooth and then it became the only game in VR that has made me feel nauseous, and my goodness it's horrible. I can totally understand that if that's what it's like for other people in any game they try why you wouldn't touch VR with a barge pole.

By skip movement do you mean where you switch camera angle/perspective as the characters running off? I thought that was fine, much better when it's third-person rather than a first-person game like Resi VII. In fact it worked more like an old skool Resi game.

17 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

By skip movement do you mean where you switch camera angle/perspective as the characters running off? I thought that was fine, much better when it's third-person rather than a first-person game like Resi VII. In fact it worked more like an old skool Resi game.

Whatever the default camera setting is when you start the game. I didn't like it at all, I think I played around with all of them but the only one I found that I liked was the one where the camera follows the protagonist (like the robot game in VR playroom). However after about 15 mins of playing like that it made me feel really sick and gave me a splitting headache. Which really surprised me as I played hours of VR before that on all sorts of games and hadn't had a single issue.

I experience the same as metallicfrodo. The default camera setting felt off in VR, almost like the two do not mix. The follow-camera creates a much better experience in my opinion, but makes me nauseous. I still insist on playing it like that so I settle for short 15 minute sessions.

I must be lucky in the respect that I've not had any issue with VR sickness at all. 

When Sony do a V2 headset, I'm all over that. 

I'm another one to recommend Bound. The soundtrack for it by Heinali is something else too. I actually interviewed him for DorkTunes, if you're that way out, give it a listen... www.dorktunes.com 

:wub:

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, df0 said:

There is noob plugging his interviews on dorktunes again :rolleyes:

A yep! 

Good to be proud of what I do eh?!!

For something I do as a labour of love, I've got quite a lot of recognition for it too with the VGM community, which was unexpected tbh. 

Anyway... Back to VR, I still need to get Rez HD. I know, I know... 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

I'd say the amount of money they must have put into making Wipeout the VR experience that it is, and they giving it away free leads me to believe they are most definitely intent on continuing to support it. Also the fact they released a v2 of the headset.

I doubt it was that much in the grand scheme of things. The devs did a Reddit Ask Me Anything and there were only 2 of them on the VR expansion, a designer and a coder. A case of quality over quantity I reckon!

Looks like Tesco haven’t managed to deliver it to store today even though the order said it would, if it doesn’t look like they are going to get it to my in the morning then I’ll cancel and go pick one up from Game as they have some pretty decent bundles going.

I had a little play with Coolpaintr - it’s good, but it could have been so much better if you could use two moves....it’s a pain keeping swapping functions with just the one.

On 29/07/2017 at 09:09, SeanR said:

LethalVR is just a high score gun range. But the weapons are varied, and so are the targets. Highlights being the Beretta 92f (the Robocop gun) and the dirty harry magnum .357 in a similar setting to Magnum Force. (the gun range, not the mob boss cocaine fueled orgy)

and eventually you learn to double-tap head shots and get a score in the top 700 players:

talking of robocop

look at some of these shots (also last night). How do I get LETHAL in the final level at the highest difficulty?

I broke the tv mount that comes with V2 Camera. Does anyone know of a decent replacement I can get? Amazon has some but not sure what's good.

Randomly I had an email survey from Sony today saying they'd noticed I'd not used my PSVR recently. Which is random, I've been playing God of War so I guess it's been a couple of weeks.

Some interesting questions about price, quality, cables etc.

Told them to announce some new games :)

Yeah I got one of those emails a few days back, I thought "what the hell are you talking about, I use it quite regularly".  

Crazy people.  :lol:

Has anybody got a proper - works fine and is permanent - fix for the fucking tilted image problem? Read through god knows how many posts on Sony forums and Reddit and can't find a single post where anybody has managed to eliminate it completely. It's really pissing me off now. 

3 hours ago, SteveH said:

Has anybody got a proper - works fine and is permanent - fix for the fucking tilted image problem? Read through god knows how many posts on Sony forums and Reddit and can't find a single post where anybody has managed to eliminate it completely. It's really pissing me off now. 

I had this. I fixed mine by placing the headset upside down, shaker it upside down fir about 30 seconds, then put it flat on the floor (still upside down) and turned it on and off a couple of times. I read somewhere it’s a sticky motion sensor. Worked for me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, catinthehat said:

Are you sure it’s not just a faulty headset? I’ve never once had the issue. 

I don't think so. There are too many posts around the net with the same complaint. Mine was fine up until recently, as it was for a lot of people. Sony even has a guide now for supposed fixes, but it doesn't work...or hasn't for me.

Cheers Hardbattle, I'll try that.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, S0L said:

Randomly I had an email survey from Sony today saying they'd noticed I'd not used my PSVR recently. Which is random, I've been playing God of War so I guess it's been a couple of weeks.

Some interesting questions about price, quality, cables etc.

Told them to announce some new games :)

I just got one this evening - went to this thread to see if it was just me. :D I still enjoy the thing but I've been occupied with non-VR games! I've told them that (as a VR newbie) I've found it comfortable and fun and would welcome continued support.

Or - "don't do a Vita with this, guys".

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, SteveH said:

I've had a tilted headset since the day I bought it. Also tried all the so called fixes on forums to no avail. Frustrating.

9 hours ago, Sprite Machine said:

Could you stick a bit of blu-tac under one side of the camera to make it similarly wonky, thus eliminating the wonk-imbalance?

The tilted view is a weird thing - no matter how I tilt and calibrate the headset it stays the same. It certainly doesn't seem to be a camera problem either and tilting the camera the opposite way does nothing. There are enough threads online to suggests it is a problem Sony acknowledges but is unable to fix.

4 hours ago, Mawdlin said:

The tilted view is a weird thing - no matter how I tilt and calibrate the headset it stays the same. It certainly doesn't seem to be a camera problem either and tilting the camera the opposite way does nothing. There are enough threads online to suggests it is a problem Sony acknowledges but is unable to fix.

Quite a few people online have suggested that they just add an ability to tilt the screen either way when you are holding down the start button to re-centre it. It seems like that would be ideal, but I doubt Sony will do a thing about it.

I've tried everything I can now and nothing works. It can be fine for a short while, then if you go back to the home screen or start a new game, the tilt comes back. So fucking annoying when it is out of warranty and there is no guarantee that a new one would be any better.