Jump to content
rubberducker

PlayStation VR

Recommended Posts

Does anyone else get really frustrated watching some people really struggle with VR?  I showed one of my mates after the footy last night and he was so cack handed it was really frustrating me as he was making my favourite toy look rubbish!

 

He couldnt get the headset on, kept on putting it so low his eyes were looking over the top of the face piece.  Then he kept on holding the move controllers upside down.  He also had his legs crossed and was holding the controller on his lap blocking it from the camera.  Then of course he was sat rigid and not looking around, just staring intently right ahead.

 

Argh!  I can see my stress levels at christmas could be through the roof.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find that a lot of people just can't get the hang of the move controllers.  The bit at the start of Batman where you suit up has everyone reaching too far and going inside the play area when trying to grab the Bat Logo to but on the chest.  In fact, no-ones been able to stand 45 minutes of Batman yet, and even those who play video games regularly have only managed about 25 mins or so.  In fact, the more I think about how I've not wanted to play through Batman a second time, and the reaction of friends, I think Batman is basically like having someone wank you off.  It's really amazing, mind blowing in fact, for the first few minutes, but once the initial wow factor has come, it starts to become painful, headache inducing and eye damaging, as the remorse starts to set in.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain LeChuck said:

My dad did the 'staring straight ahead' thing at first, but showing him Batman sorted that out. 

 

In stark contrast, my nephew loves Rez, and worked out himself to turn around for the level 4 boss. :D

 

Got an email off my dad on Monday about Xmas, and he dropped this comment in, "Great time last Sunday, that VR system is awesome." :)

....better on a pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dumpster said:

I find that a lot of people just can't get the hang of the move controllers.  The bit at the start of Batman where you suit up has everyone reaching too far and going inside the play area when trying to grab the Bat Logo to but on the chest.  In fact, no-ones been able to stand 45 minutes of Batman yet, and even those who play video games regularly have only managed about 25 mins or so.  In fact, the more I think about how I've not wanted to play through Batman a second time, and the reaction of friends, I think Batman is basically like having someone wank you off.  It's really amazing, mind blowing in fact, for the first few minutes, but once the initial wow factor has come, it starts to become painful, headache inducing and eye damaging, as the remorse starts to set in.

 

Lube on your helmet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

got my mum coming round this weekend for the final F1 race of the season, and I'm going to make her try PSVR while we wait.

 

So, kitchen or Rush of Blood?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Duckula said:

No chance of PSVR coming back in stock anywhere in the UK this year right?

No, and that means no black Friday offers either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Duckula said:

No chance of PSVR coming back in stock anywhere in the UK this year right?

 

Ha! That'll teach you for doubting the power of VR. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/11/2016 at 22:48, partious said:

You need a few feet each side of you anyway unless you want to injure your hand or break something, and the ability to stretch your arms above you while standing in a X position.

 

You don't need to jump in the air or run all around the room etc.

I'd imagine most people will be fine once they clear a bit of space around themselves.

 

You have to be a lot further from the camera than most other games though. about 6-7 feet minimum, I guess.

 

Totally worth it though. 

I was never a big fan of the wii. but this is like wii tennis etc, only good.

Shocked at how immersive it feels.

 

HoloBall just about works in my living room. I've punched my ceiling and swiped a speaker so far. It requires a fair bit of space. The settings menu is important. Some options make quite the difference. 

 

I played it for hours last night, it's hypnotic fun. Tron meets tennis I suppose and for the price it's hard to beat. 

 

I could do with slightly extending my living room though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like Game are taking pre-orders for their next delivery of PSVR stock, due at the end of this month, apparently. How likely is it that they'll be able to fulfill any pre-orders made just now in time for Christmas? It's been fucking years since I've given Game any of my business. Reckon I should hold out on stock being replenished elsewhere around the same sort of time? There doesn't seem to be many guarantees of anything in this PSVR hunting game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Highly annoyingly, my PlayStation VR broke down the other day :(

 

Was watching Netflix on PS4 when the image cut out. Checked all the cables and connections, turned out it worked when hooking up the PS4 directly to the TV.

 

PS VR's processor unit's indicator kept flashing white, meaning it was booting - but it never stopped. Tried it again the next day, worked fine for 10 minutes, then broke down again and the indicator was just dead...

 

Contacted PlayStation support and sent it back last Wednesday, should get it back within '15 working days'. Contacted PlayStation PR as well for a reply - may write something about this.

 

Anyone else had something like this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

It looks like Game are taking pre-orders for their next delivery of PSVR stock, due at the end of this month, apparently. How likely is it that they'll be able to fulfill any pre-orders made just now in time for Christmas? It's been fucking years since I've given Game any of my business. Reckon I should hold out on stock being replenished elsewhere around the same sort of time? There doesn't seem to be many guarantees of anything in this PSVR hunting game.

 

Keep an eye on this- http://m.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-playstation-vr

 

I managed to bag one myself about a week ago. Places are periodically- and randomly- getting stock in. Never in huge quantities but there is a steady enough supply. 

 

Move controllers on the other hand...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

Highly annoyingly, my PlayStation VR broke down the other day :(

 

Was watching Netflix on PS4 when the image cut out. Checked all the cables and connections, turned out it worked when hooking up the PS4 directly to the TV.

 

PS VR's processor unit's indicator kept flashing white, meaning it was booting - but it never stopped. Tried it again the next day, worked fine for 10 minutes, then broke down again and the indicator was just dead...

 

Contacted PlayStation support and sent it back last Wednesday, should get it back within '15 working days'. Contacted PlayStation PR to for a reply.

 

Anyone else had something like this.

 

That's shit! Why on earth aren't they doing the swap over that they usually do with the PS4? Touch wood, I've been fine but I won't be happy if I have this kind of crap service to contend with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

Highly annoyingly, my PlayStation VR broke down the other day :(

 

Was watching Netflix on PS4 when the image cut out. Checked all the cables and connections, turned out it worked when hooking up the PS4 directly to the TV.

 

PS VR's processor unit's indicator kept flashing white, meaning it was booting - but it never stopped. Tried it again the next day, worked fine for 10 minutes, then broke down again and the indicator was just dead...

 

Contacted PlayStation support and sent it back last Wednesday, should get it back within '15 working days'. Contacted PlayStation PR as well for a reply - may write something about this.

 

Anyone else had something like this?

Yeah I had that day 1 with my unit, thankfully was able to return to another Argos that had a unit in stock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KS. said:

 

Keep an eye on this- http://m.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-playstation-vr

 

I managed to bag one myself about a week ago. Places are periodically- and randomly- getting stock in. Never in huge quantities but there is a steady enough supply. 

 

Move controllers on the other hand...

 

Cheers, I have actually been trying to keep track there whenever I can. It's actually that site where I found out Game were taking these pre-orders for their stock replen at the end of the month. I guess I'll just have to keep a keener eye on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so glad I got one when everyone was collectively jizzing their pants, or right now I'd have the bluest VR balls ever.

 

Maybe that's what VR porn is for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Move situation is fucking stupid. There are some of the best VR experiences available on the PSVR that require Move to be played properly, and yet they are practically unavailable. I was fortunate that I managed to find one second hand for a reasonable price, but it's absurd that they were less available than the PSVR itself considering how important they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The gigantic Move landfill site in the desert has now been drained of Moves. Sony must be totally bemused and working out what to do now. I doubt they've actually manufactured any in years. The 'new' PS4 ones are just old PS3 ones.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.