IGNORED

Inside No.9

Professor Puzzles

I think if I wasn’t so familiar with The Wicker Man I would’ve enjoyed that a lot more. 
Felt just a bit too familiar tbh, great stuff obvs, but there are loads of others I prefer. 

Reece and Steve talk to Justin Johnson about the first two episodes, topped off with a Q&A session. They're joined by Executive Producer Adam Tandy and the session includes brief contributions by Mark Gatis, Diane Morgan, Louise Hooper and... Barry Shitpeas?

On 01/05/2022 at 13:05, robotattack said:

Reece and Steve talk to Justin Johnson about the first two episodes, topped off with a Q&A session. They're joined by Executive Producer Adam Tandy and the session includes brief contributions by Mark Gatis, Diane Morgan, Louise Hooper and... Barry Shitpeas?

Al Campbell (aka Barry Shitpeas) directed the first episode.

Why does it need to be "remade"? Can't they just watch the one that's been made already?

To be fair, it leans into Britishness in a way that isn't going to be accessible for everyone. I've recommended it to some US friends, and have heard more than once that some of the cultural reference and behaviour doesn't really connect with them.

With Black Mirror, The Premise, Roar, Monsterland etc, the US TV market seems to be healthy for weekly anthologies. I might watch one or two of these to see how they handle remaking certain episodes, but can't imagine watching the whole thing.

That was even better than the previous one. One of the best ever for creepiness, and a bit reminiscent of 12 Days of Christine in the tone.

Very clever premise

Spoiler

I didn’t see that final twist coming, and very clever having the police liaison officer played by the female author to imply the whole “who do you base your characters on?” thing

This has been a consistent series but for me there hasn't been a belter yet.

Also, Kid/Nap broke the convention that it has to take place in a single location. Not that I'm complaining, it was decent enough.

I’m struggling this series. Mind you, I also struggled with the last series. I’m finding each episode rather mediocre, it’s not bad tv, it’s just rather underwhelming. I haven’t found anything this series interesting or memorable, other than a few good lines here and there.

I didn't really get that episode. The first twist was really good. The second, well

Spoiler

Kinda felt like the interesting bit (how she apparently managed to convince him to join her plan just as he was about to cut her lobes off) happened off screen. Just like, meh, here's the same twist BUT AGAIN.

It did look great though 🙂

On 21/05/2022 at 00:30, CarloOos said:

Ah cool, it’s finally out. I did the colour for this episode (Kid/Nap) because the regular colourist for the series had covid, but it was absolutely ages ago. I lucked out, consensus seemed to be it was the best of this series. 

Cool! My mate Al directed it, do you know him?

On 21/05/2022 at 07:52, Mawdlin said:

Also, Kid/Nap broke the convention that it has to take place in a single location. Not that I'm complaining, it was decent enough.

You could argue it is centred around the house where the hostage is held, which is basically there constantly (with the split screen).

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/05/2022 at 07:52, Mawdlin said:

Well, Wise Owl hit the mark for me.  Outstanding.

I thought the whole series was consistently good.  The best series since 2.

1 hour ago, Don Wiskerando said:

Yes, Wise Owl has been the best this series by a long chalk.

On 03/06/2022 at 22:34, Don Wiskerando said:

Yeah, I'm in total agreement with this. Nine Lives Kat was probably the weakest for me, but still a clever premise with some interesting moments. Not sure any would *quite* break into my all-time top five, though I really liked the last three – Kid/Nap was one of the most purely entertaining ones they've done in a while (the "Stockport syndrome" line was brilliant) and I thought Jessica Hynes was terrific in A Random Act Of Kindness. A real return to form after the slightly underwhelming Series 6. Roll on 8 and 9! 

• 3 weeks later...

The iPlayer is terrible for presenting the latest episodes of shows you’re watching - turns out I didn’t finish the current series, and episodes 5 and 6 are easily the best ones! 

I started season 1 ages ago and completely forgot about it for some reason, I started season 2 last night and 12 Nights of Christine absolutely blew me away, one of the best pieces of television I’ve seen in a long time.