deKay

Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition

That sort of looks like it might be OK but I've no idea how they came to conclusion that people wanted more fighting out of the Zelda games and dynasty warriors style fighting at that. Odd.

That sort of looks like it might be OK but I've no idea how they came to conclusion that people wanted more fighting out of the Zelda games and dynasty warriors style fighting at that. Odd.

Well, I now want a Platinum developed Zelda.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just to remind people what the last DW cross over series was like.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dynasty-warriors-gundam-3

You'd think DW + Gundam would be the best thing ever.

The only person I trust when talking about the musou games is Tony Coles. He gets it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-25-dynasty-warriors-gundam-3-retrospective

• Upvote 2

Just to remind people what the last DW cross over series was like.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dynasty-warriors-gundam-3

You'd think DW + Gundam would be the best thing ever.

The One Piece game was terrible as well, and I'd take a fist up the butt if someone drew a One Piece logo on it.

I get that the Musou series thing is lots of enemies, but Jesus. Make them look different or give them varying animations, hitting a group of identical enemies who all react the same way has always and continues to look shit.

• Upvote 1

OK, on the one hand, what the fuck? That's going to be rubs.

On the other hand, it's nice to be surprised by Nintendo and to see they're not afraid to do something a little different with their cherished IP.

• Upvote 2

Reminds me of the Zelda shooting game.

Don't get me wrong, it might be okay for a spin off game but full price? Also, it looked like it was online - the warriors seemed like they could be other players?

The graphics leave a lot to be desired though, especially after the ace looking mario kart.

There's just too many of them and they're all really similar, so nobody gives them any time.

I dip in and out of the series every couple of years playing whichever one is supposed to be the best and they're always good fun.

It's like the EDF series, but just run into the ground so much that very few people really care about it.

Yeah, I just thought that although it's the same enemies, EDF was like that.... although it didn't look like you could also smash up Hyrule while you were playing.

It was also only that one Hyrule field in front of the castle area with not much variance apart from some of the moves, I get the feeling that's a very early video. Or I hope it is anyway.

I was a bit disappointed that they seem to have used TP / "mature" Link but if that means they are keeping that style for this game, then that might mean the next proper Zelda will be more like WW HD. Although I'm probably veering off into fantasyland now.

There's just too many of them and they're all really similar, so nobody gives them any time.

I dip in and out of the series every couple of years playing whichever one is supposed to be the best and they're always good fun.

It's like the EDF series, but just run into the ground so much that very few people really care about it.

I keep telling myself I'll pick up Fist of the North Star when it goes cheap. Might download the demo again and see if I change my mind. And the fact they're all really similar might not be such a bad thing, cos at least I'll know where I stand with musou games in general.