Ultimate Team

Timmo

2 hours ago, kthxbliz said:

Sell your Argentina and Brazil players (rated 77-82).

Defenders inc full backs and LW/RW/LM/RM are going crazy on the market due to today’s SBC 

Thanks going through and listing all mine and notice I had Mendy who sells for 120K!!

12 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Thanks going through and listing all mine and notice I had Mendy who sells for 120K!!

Yeah there are some really good, meta lower rated cards that sell for way more than most for their rating, Mendy being a good example. Often French actually, including Theo Hernandez and Ousman Dembele.

Screenshot_20211021-082046.thumb.png.10e17d3cba4f21b19e43f798618dda9c.png

My European Euphoria objective team.

It's the Baby Lineker, and I used him in Fifa 20 too.

I really like the card. His off the ball positioning is ridiculous. However he's definitely far from 'meta', and I couldn't tell you anything else he excels at over most other meta strikers. My enjoyment of him is more down to me liking the player in real life. And there is something about him that seems to cause more rage quits than other cards getting a brace.

As a side note though, I've done some Icon trading with him this year. If you can grab him for under or at 200k (especially with Hunter or as a fresh card), you should be able to sell him for >210k when the market is high.

I found myself with not a lot to do on FIFA last night, I had my 7 Rivals wins, I'd qualified for Champs, and I'd finished the Andre objectives, so I spent about 30k on a Premier League team and I dived into the Silver Lounge to get the TOTW player, and then do the silver beasts objectives in squad battles. I didn't get anything great for it, but it was a refreshing change of pace, and the TOTW card I got from it is surprisingly good for a 74 rated player.

The sweatfest starts again tonight though, got to get them Rivals wins.

6 minutes ago, Keiths_Dad said:

I found myself with not a lot to do on FIFA last night, I had my 7 Rivals wins, I'd qualified for Champs, and I'd finished the Andre objectives, so I spent about 30k on a Premier League team and I dived into the Silver Lounge to get the TOTW player, and then do the silver beasts objectives in squad battles. I didn't get anything great for it, but it was a refreshing change of pace, and the TOTW card I got from it is surprisingly good for a 74 rated player.

Yeah I was like this too but couldn't stop playing. Did you get the hero loan card? I got Di Natale. Also I got to div 1 last night, if you fancy some co op let me know, although I'm sure it'll be bastard hard. 

4 hours ago, Keiths_Dad said:

Haha, I did this last night. Put together a squad of silvers with 60chem and had a great time! That 74 TOTW looks decent.

Oh and I finally got a walkout, untradeable but still, Kante.  Hope he isn't as shit as he was last year.

7 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

Haha, I did this last night. Put together a squad of silvers with 60chem and had a great time! That 74 TOTW looks decent.

Oh and I finally got a walkout, untradeable but still, Kante.  Hope he isn't as shit as he was last year.

Nice man, Kante is amazing this year. He’s almost 600k.

4 hours ago, Timmo said:

Yeah I was like this too but couldn't stop playing. Did you get the hero loan card? I got Di Natale. Also I got to div 1 last night, if you fancy some co op let me know, although I'm sure it'll be bastard hard. 

I did get one, I wasn't so lucky though - I had a choice between Mostovoi, the Saudi bloke and Sojskjaer, so I took Mostovoi.

I'm a bit spotty with when I actually get on to play, but I'd definitely give co op a go. Is it worth setting up a separate thread for it? I bet there are a few of us that would have a crack at it, and that'd make it easier to organise.

One win short of Champs qualifying for the second time this week, so frustrating. Only myself to blame though, wasn’t the time to be trying a new formation and play style. IF Ilicic and Osimhen are nowhere near as effective as Lautaro. 

6 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

Does anyone know whether Road To Knockout Team 1 cards leave packs today and am I better off buying while in packs or when out?  I'm looking at Robertson.

Generally, you're better off buying cards while they're in packs, but the market has been trending down constantly from about week 2 or 3 on everything except elite tier players, even for special cards. So fuck knows - my advice would be if you want him and can use him in your team, get him now and don't worry so much about what the price does afterwards. 

15 minutes ago, Keiths_Dad said:

Generally, you're better off buying cards while they're in packs, but the market has been trending down constantly from about week 2 or 3 on everything except elite tier players, even for special cards. So fuck knows - my advice would be if you want him and can use him in your team, get him now and don't worry so much about what the price does afterwards. 

Cheers for this, think I'll buy him later today.

Just a reminder for anyone playing Champions this weekend - this TOTW is utter dog shit, so save any TOTW packs you get. Your red picks are tied to the week, however, so here's hoping for some high rated fodder at least.

25 minutes ago, Keiths_Dad said:

Just a reminder for anyone playing Champions this weekend - this TOTW is utter dog shit, so save any TOTW packs you get. Your red picks are tied to the week, however, so here's hoping for some high rated fodder at least.

EA are so fucking inept sometimes. They introduced the 'double upgrade for one chosen player' system to make TOTW more interesting but instead of the obvious choice of Fati or Bellingham they decided on a right back no one has heard of in a league no one uses.

21 minutes ago, Timmo said:

EA are so fucking inept sometimes. They introduced the 'double upgrade for one chosen player' system to make TOTW more interesting but instead of the obvious choice of Fati or Bellingham they decided on a right back no one has heard of in a league no one uses.

Or even Guendouzi, another upgrade on him and he would have been great. Ah well, can't wait for my red fucking Ginter this week.

Has anyone tried the Europa Isak yet? It looks like a good card, and I can just about squeeze him in on my current budget, I would be tapped out to do it though.

45 minutes ago, Keiths_Dad said:

Or even Guendouzi, another upgrade on him and he would have been great. Ah well, can't wait for my red fucking Ginter this week.

Has anyone tried the Europa Isak yet? It looks like a good card, and I can just about squeeze him in on my current budget, I would be tapped out to do it though.

I tried him, didn't think much of him. Ben Yedder is way more clinical. 

Even the guy on Futbin reviews who gives everyone 9 didn't like him too much and gave him an all time low score of 7 which is him basically saying he has no legs.