Ultimate Team

Timmo

10 minutes ago, Bennette98 said:

Does the contract strategy work this year? I think when I had a look this weekend just gone they were still going for 150/200? I used to do similar with fitness where you could buy for 350-500 and sell for 1100-1500. Obviously not able to do this anymore.

Other tactics sound good may give them a whirl. I've got Bounou the 84 IF GK in my team as an investment. Bought for 10.25, currently at 14ish.

I can remember one FIFA me and @Tomox predicted the Marquee Matchups being Birmingham v Aston Villa and bought loads of their players players for 150 and flogged them all for anywhere between 1-2k each.

Contract trading should work even better this year. More of the reward packs from Rivals etc are player packs with less or no contracts in. At the moment people may have enough contracts but in the next few weeks I expect it to be especially lucrative as people run out of the ones they got early on.

Anyone noticed a difference since the last patch? 

I’m finding players are taking an unusually heavy touch, dribbling at the moment is damn awful, and at a few occasions my players have literally just let the ball run past them or completely fluffed an easy pass. 

Might just be my connection but it’s been absolutely solid for a long time so I am hesitant to suggest it’s on my end. I’m resetting my router and gonna see if that helps but I don’t feel like it is.

Sniped an ECL Isak at 105k at about 3 mins past the drop. Flipped for 189k.

Best. Flip. Ever.

I don't know a single living soul outside of you lot that would understand half of that first sentence, let alone be chuffed for me even if they did.

18 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

Sniped an ECL Isak at 105k at about 3 mins past the drop. Flipped for 189k.

Best. Flip. Ever.

I don't know a single living soul outside of you lot that would understand half of that first sentence, let alone be chuffed for me even if they did.

I was trying to snipe him for so long, GAH. Saw a load for about 95k. 

4 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Have you all seen the no loss glitch?? What a joke. Basically all you do is...... Press the home button if your losing. Wait thirty seconds. Go back in. You get DC and no loss. Loads used it against me.

Did you get the win in games you were ahead or does it just go back like nothing happened?

Having given some thought to my trading recommendations yesterday, and realising I’m sitting on 2.1m coins with not much happening, I’m seriously thinking about going in strong.

TOTW Locatelli is 84-rated and 11k. He discards at 10.2k.

My plan is to buy 100. I’ll cash in on half of those when he hits 25k to get my original investment back. 

I’ll hold the remaining 50 and cash in when he hits 40k. 

That would be 1.1m invested and around around 2m profit. 

i am pretty confident in those numbers, it’s just timing. 

i think the Card can hit 25k probably in around 6 weeks. But I might need to wait until late December - Mid January for the second bump. 

Even with that 1.1m invested, I have a further 1.1m left to upgrade my team between now and then. 

Seems a no-brainer to be honest. And if it fails, I can quick sell them all and only make a loss of 100k.

7 hours ago, gooner4life said:

I can’t see EA not changing rewards, it’s way to easy to get elite rewards (based on old fut champs) on this new model. I’ve got 5 games left and can get rank 2 with 2 wins and 3 losses.

I don't know about that - having a 60% win rate in the game's premier competition, and one that's harder to get into now, is bloody impressive in it's own right, and deserves to be rewarded. Add to that the worse rewards for Rivals this year, and I think the balance is pretty good.

Yeah, I scraped rank 2 this week and it felt about on par to elite 3 difficulty-wise, although much of that was down to me having to win 6 of 7 to get it. And while the rewards are good on paper you are of course guaranteed nothing, and I got nothing but shit.

2 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Rank 3 is 8 wins 12 losses, pretty much everybody will get that, there's going to be a huge influx of TOTW's every weekend.

A lot of people are struggling to qualify from what I'm reading.

25 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Rank 3 is 8 wins 12 losses, pretty much everybody will get that, there's going to be a huge influx of TOTW's every weekend.

I'm currently 5 from 11, it's no guarantee I'll get rank 3 this week. Plus, as Timmo says, a lot of people are really struggling just to get in, so the number of people getting all these TOTW players isn't really that high.

Besides, so what if there is? The market will adapt to what's being put in. If TOTW players are undervalued, stuff like the RTTKS cards will be worth more.

52 minutes ago, klargon said:

I didn’t win a single qualifier last week. All I see here is bragging!

What div are you in?

A lot of it’s luck, my mate qualified 8-1 with 3 of his wins were opponents scoring own-goals and quitting…

23 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

I know, it's an amazing pull, but it's literally better than anything i packed in rewards in the last 2 fifa's put together.

Didn't you get red CR7 last year?

55 minutes ago, kthxbliz said:

What div are you in?

I’m slumming it in 4. I don’t really play rivals much, so it takes quite a while for me to get enough points if I don’t get them from weekend league. I used to get the 14 or 17 wins brackets in 21 and 19.

Ffs. One game off FUT champs qualifications. Come up against flash back Benz, Ronaldo, pogba, icons. What's the point. At least give me an illusion of a chance. I'm 4 Nil down after twenty minutes.....

This is a glorified mobile gatcha game!

I’m on 6 wins from 11 in Champs so far. Whilst rank 2 is still attainable, I’d be happy with rank 3 so only need 2 wins from 9 to get there and automatically get into next week. 

It feels much more relaxing this year with the way rewards are calculated rather than just being win at all costs so hopefully they don’t change it.