rllmuk
Timmo

Ultimate Team

2 hours ago, Swallow said:

What was your investment then Timmo? Guess it must have paid off.

I bought about 250 Ben Yedders, average 2800. Sold average 4200. Not too shabby for a few days!

• Upvote 1

Got Semedo, spent 600k though so pointless really.

Also can't post JPGs from my phone now. Maybe its all though good pulls Ive been getting?

2 hours ago, Keiths_Dad said:

Moreno is currently 28k, with the cheapest 88 player being above 30k. If he drops any lower, I'm investing in a few and holding on for another In Form.

Moreno is 26k on Xbox but 87 rated...

3 hours ago, hannay said:

Moreno is 26k on Xbox but 87 rated...

87 rated right now. If he gets another IF he will go to 88. There probably isn't much to be made on it unless he gets 2 more IFs, but given how poor investments have panned out this year, I'll give this one a crack as it seems relatively low risk.

20 hours ago, Timmo said:

I bought about 250 Ben Yedders, average 2800. Sold average 4200. Not too shabby for a few days!

Um, he's at 8k now...

3 hours ago, Swallow said:

Um, he's at 8k now...

Ha, damn. Made some good coin so no point crying. Wonder why he rose so much.

2 hours ago, Timmo said:

Ha, damn. Made some good coin so no point crying. Wonder why he rose so much.

They all have, I've been doing the same thing you were doing with Ben Yedder but with Ilkay Gundogan, buying between 2.7and 3.5k on open bid and sold about 250 of them since yesterday for 6.5k each.

9 hours ago, gooner4life said:

They all have, I've been doing the same thing you were doing with Ben Yedder but with Ilkay Gundogan, buying between 2.7and 3.5k on open bid and sold about 250 of them since yesterday for 6.5k each.

Shit, that's really cheap. When did you grab them?

Is base Hierro an upgrade on Ramos? Or Militao? I've got 6 tokens and won't be going for any more this season so don't want to wait for next to get Koeman.

Edit: got him so I'll try and report back.

11 hours ago, Timmo said:

Shit, that's really cheap. When did you grab them?

right up until Thursday night/Friday morning early hours. Gundogan was the player I had the most joy with, only rarely would I get someone insisting on counter bidding up past 3.5k, a lot of the time it was a free and easy bid and win. I was doing it with him before during the day, he’s been my quick bid and flip player for ages.

8 hours ago, Swallow said:

Is base Hierro an upgrade on Ramos? Or Militao? I've got 6 tokens and won't be going for any more this season so don't want to wait for next to get Koeman.

Edit: got him so I'll try and report back.

Please do! I've been Eyeing him up myself. 

I’ve sold pretty much everything except Mbappe during this weekend.

All I’ve got left of big value is TOTY Alisson.

And I packed a Headliners Nainggolan in an electrum pack.. 

Big profits, the Gundogan flips.

Scream Firmino bought at 676k sold at 880k for 160k profit.

Headliner Radja sold at 565k.

Also lost a lot of coins on Toty nominee Neymar who I bought at over 1.6mil, Varane I lost over 120k, kante I lost 95k on. 

I haven’t got a team at the moment but when Toty Alisson sells I’ll have about 6mil, plus Mbappe, Ter Stegen, RTTF Allan, Flashback Marcelo and Futmas Vidal.

i held onto Allan despite the sell off because I suspect he will get his move to PSG and will rise massively. It’s a risk but I’d personally invest in one if you have the coins as it will easily double.

1 hour ago, gooner4life said:

right up until Thursday night/Friday morning early hours. Gundogan was the player I had the most joy with, only rarely would I get someone insisting on counter bidding up past 3.5k, a lot of the time it was a free and easy bid and win. I was doing it with him before during the day, he’s been my quick bid and flip player for ages.

Which Thursday/Friday, the one just gone? That's half price! Crazy deals.

16 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Which Thursday/Friday, the one just gone? That's half price! Crazy deals.

yeah, from when I sold up during Toty right up to just before headliners this week, they weren’t half price, the flips I was doing before were buying between 2.7 and 3.5 and selling for 5k, it’s only during headliners they jumped to 6.5k a piece.

there’s some examples I took when I was speaking to the guys in discord and to my trading guru.

He done the same thing last year investing 500k on Ousmane dembele on bid at the end off fur champs and flipping them all before fut champs every week.

032C0019-2FEB-4336-BC22-108EB036FAF7.jpeg

BBEFBD56-31BE-4791-880C-02C89D1A1792.jpeg

Managed Gold 3 after a shaky start. Had 3 games left and 1 win needed, of course it was the last game I won. Fifa loves stressing me out.

Also purchased 90 Gulliet to stop me wasting coins on packs. So far, not seen a great deal from him, at least to warrant the price tag. He shoots well enough and he is nippy on the ball but compared to say Pogba. I dunno. Maybe the pro's have ways to make these cards do things we mere Fifa mortals can't fathom?

There's a new upgrade SBC. 11 rare golds at 50 chem for two guaranteed 81+ rare golds. I've done a few, not amazing returns but maybe icon crafting is back on the menu for a bit.

Screenshot_2020-01-20-20-28-34-991_com.ea.gp.fifaultimate.jpg

Looks like it's gone! Could always build towards something else like Lala.

Whats the point anyway! The games broken.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

7 hours ago, Steely said:

Looks like it's gone! Could always build towards something else like Lala.

Whats the point anyway! The games broken.

Sad thing is thats how it's supposed to work. Unless it's perfectly timed Timed Shot, there is a high chance of a miss with heading since everyone moaned about it in FIFA 19. Whether this has been tweaked even more I can't say, but my corner heading had been crap, didn't get one in the whole WL just gone and I am actually good at it.

Lala looks very good but I have Aguirregaray and Piszczek so would rather another position. I'll grind it a bit more today to try for Bernardo Silva.

:lol: I am shit at headers, as shown. But its the fact it just zips off in the opposite direction after he absolutely nails the contacts on it.

If he has mashed it with the side of his face and it spun away, fair enough. But he nails it, he nails it so well it actually goes inside his head.

Its not physically possible for the ball to go where it does. :hmm:

Also, I have never got to grips with the timing thing, is that not good timing on the bar?

1 minute ago, Swallow said:

Lala looks very good but I have Aguirregaray and Piszczek so would rather another position. I'll grind it a bit more today to try for Bernardo Silva.

I would have said Adama! But after using him this weekend league, I am a little disappointed, he doesn't feel anywhere near as explosive as he actually is. <_<

In other news, I had a good weekend league this weekend!

Managed to get 17 wins with 7 games left to play. And Butragueno entered my clubs centurion list, getting his 100th goal in emphatic fashion. :wub:

Has anyone got Alexis Sanchez? Tempted, but he doesnt look like much of an upgrade on Di Maria? I'm in a place now where I can take on any winger, but I am miles away from affording Neymar, so put a pin in that.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Steely said:

I would have said Adama! But after using him this weekend league, I am a little disappointed, he doesn't feel anywhere near as explosive as he actually is. <_<

I found the opposite. two rage quits on me last night with the Traore / Diego Costa combo!

1 hour ago, Steely said:

:lol: I am shit at headers, as shown. But its the fact it just zips off in the opposite direction after he absolutely nails the contacts on it.

If he has mashed it with the side of his face and it spun away, fair enough. But he nails it, he nails it so well it actually goes inside his head.

Its not physically possible for the ball to go where it does. :hmm:

Also, I have never got to grips with the timing thing, is that not good timing on the bar?

I always try for downward headers and I always try to time them.

Once the corner kicks taken, I press L1 and R1, then as the ball is nearing the 6 yard box I tap Shoot, and then just as the ball nears my players I tap Shoot again. 3 in 10 seem to come off perfectly and score, the rest go the wrong side of the posts or I miss the ball.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Steely said:

I just think Reactions is too important a stat to ignore, all the best players in the game have it in the 90s.

• Upvote 1