Timmo

Ultimate Team - Beginner's Guide now in post 1!

Speaking of Fifa 'luck', this is the cheapest team I've faced in my last 3 Division 5 Rivals matches.

45980415_10155885014756367_5997807355100659712_o.thumb.jpg.39f6066d7a5a7cea4a5b9cc5eaab9e4b.jpg

I would love to say I ran out a hard fought winner against a poorer adversary, but obviously I lost 4-1 to a near post corner goal and three goals where I tackled my opponent at least three times in the build up.

That Johnathon Tah card can get fucked.

• Upvote 1

We've had 2 Europa League Special cards players so far, with 2 more to come.

We've had Bundesliga and Serie A, so let's rule out a player from Milan.

The four biggest teams remaining in the competition are Arsenal, Chelsea, Sevilla and Villereal.

Arsenal are less likely as we currently have Auba PotM

So I've grabbed players from the other three clubs just in case (Watch the next two players be from Sporting Lisbon and Genk).

I haven't spent a penny on packs in 19. I literally can't because it's a US version and I'm on a UK account. 

All my major pulls have been untradable, I rolled the dice so many times on Rare Champions League Sbc, which got me Ramos, Alba, Saul, Lori's, Perisic. 

Then this week my weekend league and rivals rewards got me untradable In form Anderson and standard Marcelo. 

Last night was my first big Big pull who I could sell. I think my best packed card previous to this was Firmino.

I lost my shit when I saw how much Greezy was worth. Mainly because now I don't feel obliged to do the weekend league this weekend. :lol: I'm too rich for that now. :sherlock:

• Upvote 3

Trying to resist spending any of my 1m until Black Friday. Almost caved in just now for 86 Anderson but managed to stay strong and will keep going with Taison for a bit yet. How are you guys who have him find him so far? The shooting aspect looks amazing for a left mid/wing, especially compared to Costa whose finishing was a bit hit and miss when I had him before. 

This is my current plan for upgrading my team, will probably go for Alex Sandro instead of Telles when his price goes down. Naldo (my old FTL fave) is damn good in this, although his pace stats don’t look that good his long strides seem to help him catch up with some of the paciest forwards (he handled baby R9 with ease in a rivals game earlier). 

50A191B9-4516-4C92-B849-474E3E93EF91.thumb.jpeg.51053fafc502c24e034e0aafaaaa0bda.jpeg

Not expecting anything special from my pre order packs (can’t remember packing anyone good from them last year either) so it’s the waiting game until Thursday again to see if anything usable or valuable drops as I refuse to buy packs with coins or points this game. 

Ha hasn't blew my nips off. He is probably the best LW Brazilian available though, bar Neymar. 

If you were moving away from Brazil though I'd rather have Son or Sane. 

Did you just sell Griezy @Steely? I had a few games with his standard card yesterday and while he did feel very sharp and tricky he just wasn’t powerful enough as a lone striker in my 4-3-3.

I am pretty confident that when BF hits I will be able to afford standard Mbappe so that would be lovely while I wait for baby Larsson prices to drop. These icon SBCs jacking up the prices on all icons has been a cunt his year. I would have been able to afford Larsson this time last year with the coins I now have if his price wasn’t being manipulated by the SBCs..... I think :blink:

21 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

Did you just sell Griezy @Steely?

In about 0.3 seconds. The things I could do with that amount of money. :wub:(plus he didn't fit into my team to even try out) 

His standard card is the bane of my life in game like. Always scored against me. 

1 hour ago, Steely said:

Ha hasn't blew my nips off. He is probably the best LW Brazilian available though, bar Neymar. 

If you were moving away from Brazil though I'd rather have Son or Sane. 

Not planning on moving away completely from Brazil so could fit in CL Son (or normal version which is still amazing for under 30k) by slightly altering my formation and making some positional changes to keep full chem on everyone. He looks amazing so pretty tempting. I’ve used loan Neymar 7 times and he’s never done much for me so probably not worth the coins. 

863743FF-F83F-4C1D-9A7B-C004EFB6F249.jpeg

• Upvote 1

So then, finished my first weekend league and played around 15 games and managed a poultry 6 wins.... Which gets me silver 3. 

I'd say it's definitely easier than the one on FIFA 18, but I lost so many games by a late goal it was ridiculous. Also, no one has a team as low rated as mine it seems, so soon I'll be spending my 500k on new blood.

Teams with Potm hazard, potm aubergine in the same team is taking the piss I'd say.

That's my team right now. I'll be selling out of my Halloween cards this week as they don't seem to be doing anything in terms of SBCs, so I'll have 140k to fill the gaps, probably with Schmelzer and Firmino, and Miranda when Naldo's loan runs out. I'd have lot more, but after seeing the packs in here I spunked 100k on packs, and got nothing except a Matic for my troubles.

I'll be back on weekend league next week, so hopefully I can get back into Gold with this lot.

Edit: attachments aren't playing nice, team is as follows - OTW Alisson; gap, loan Naldo, IF Marquinhos, Scream Rafinha; Flashback Gotze, pink Renato Augusto, pink Oscar; OTW Richarlison, gap, POTM Lucas.

Must admit it was nice not to have the stress of the WL this weekend. And Rivals seemed to have more evened out opponents which made it more enjoyable but without the WL Rivals boost been having to fight tooth and nail to get up the grid.

Yep.

Sometimes I swear the game just decides the player needs to score.

I even had a corker last night where the guy shot, my defender stopped it but the goalie dived, and of course the ball rolled straight to the next fella and he pinged it in.

I’ve stopped conceding as many edge of the box finesse shots after narrowing my formation and not playing as deep but still suffering from the odd one here and there like @Pants McSkillclip. 

Fabinho and Son have been excellent additions to my team in rivals today. Big Fab seems to get in the way of everything and being tall stops high balls. Still trying to get to grips with Son but have knocked in a few bangers so all good! 

Three tackles in this one, including a block that puts the ball past my keeper.

If anyone better than me (all of you) knows how to stop this, I'd really love to hear it.

Anyyyywayyyyyy... 40 Rivals games done in the hunt for Jonathan Tah Europa League Card.

I have 4 of the 10 'score with a bundesliga player in a Rivals win' needed.

SO at this rate I need to play 100 rivals games.

I think it's beyond me. Kinda wish I'd just played WL now and ignored this card.

4 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

Three tackles in this one, including a block that puts the ball past my keeper.

If anyone better than me (all of you) knows how to stop this, I'd really love to hear it.

Anyyyywayyyyyy... 40 Rivals games done in the hunt for Jonathan Tah Europa League Card.

I have 4 of the 10 'score with a bundesliga player in a Rivals win' needed.

SO at this rate I need to play 100 rivals games.

I think it's beyond me. Kinda wish I'd just played WL now and ignored this card.

Get loan Werner from the EASFC Catalogue and just rock a bundes squad you will get it