Timmo

Ultimate Team - Beginner's Guide now in post 1!

He doesn’t need to be about mate, you have to do it single player.

I think it’s on the same tab as TOTW challenge, you use the right stick to get to it. 

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

He doesn’t need to be about mate, you have to do it single player.

I think it’s on the same tab as TOTW challenge, you use the right stick to get to it. 

Brilliant mate, cheers!

14 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

6 months since launch and I still can't settle on a formation.

Depends on what players you like to use as much as anything really? I’m not one for wingers in this game, hence going 41212(2). Nothing to do with my lack of ability in pulling off skill moves or anything :lol:

• Upvote 1

I think if you struggle with your defending try and go with the 4-1-2-1-2 (2) or the 4-2-3-1 with your cdms on stay back while attacking that works best for me in futchamps I usually play that until I think I can win the game then I switch to the 4-3-2-1 and attack. Trying to defend on this game is shit so prob try to keep the ball as much as possible and wind the other guy up until he pulls people out aggressively :lol: 

i won a futchamps game against a elite 1 player so he says by passing the ball around the back until most of his team was in my half then hitting balls over the top scummy but worked lol 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LiMuBai said:

Depends on what players you like to use as much as anything really? I’m not one for wingers in this game, hence going 41212(2). Nothing to do with my lack of ability in pulling off skill moves or anything :lol:

This guy was suggested by someone in the thread! I never used to use skill moves but now I just use the most basic 45 degree dummie and the drag back. Both incredibly effective and easy!

Honestly, every formation has a problem I struggle with (like real life football I guess).

I'm not particularly good at breaking down defensive teams, or converting fewer chances so the 41212 is too narrow for me.

The 442 allows me to use the wings, but I get overrun in midfield.

The 4231 solves both the above, but I struggle in attack with only 4 attackers, and will concede two bullshit goals and lose.

And so on...

The 352 was always my go to, but it's shocking this year.

I just had a stinker of a game in the DKT semi final, hitting the post 4 times, while the enemy scored three goals off blocked long range shots falling to open attackers.

I pull it back to 3-3 in the dying seconds, only for Varane to pass a 'clearance' straight to him in extra time.

I'll qualify for the weekend league one day.

SURELY.

I mean, surely?

I’ve not tried to qualify for the weekend league once. Not a single time and the only reason for that is the number of games you need to play to get to a decent rank. My win ratio against online players is slightly higher than 50% and that is against the dafties. Against weekend league players that would easily drop to something like 1 win in 5 if I am lucky. Which in turn means having to play all my weekend league games to even get 6 or 7 wins at best. The lack of 1v1 in here has seen my capabilities, which were modest at best, go to absolute shit.

I struggle to play more than 10 games a week with life getting in the way so I have to ask... how the fuck do all you boys rack up 20+ wins over a weekend? Do you tell the wife you are working? Do you tell your kids they can’t play or a bad man (You) will burn there teddies? Do simply have nothing else to do?

Its an incredible show of stamina and commitment because the thought of playing that many games of FIFA in such a short space of time terrifies me. I worry I would never want to play it again through a combination of frustration and just wanting to play something else. Hats off to all you, you deserve all the pack rewards you get but I don’t think the weekend league will ever be for me.

I don’t sleep at weekends. Honestly. That’s the only way I can get 30-40 games played. I have 2 young kids and a new house I’m renovating/decorating at weekends. I don’t play during the day, only from 9 or 10pm until 2am on Friday and Saturday, and then until 12 ish on Sunday night. I only ever get in my full 40 if I get plenty of disconnects. The odd weekend when EA extend WL an extra day are a godsend for me.

• Empathy 1

1 hour ago, Pants McSkill said:

Tonight was the closest I've ever come: Lost to an extra time goal in the DKT final.

close.thumb.jpg.7b62deef5bc3d664b0e3aa9a431e7f75.jpg

That has happened to me so many times, really frustrating! 

The weekend league grind starts for me in the morning, with 15 wins needed for gold 3 monthly. 21 for gold 2 which would be my best finish on Fifa 18 so will see how it goes.

Have 150k so going to replace NIF Manolas with IF Koulibaly to play alongside Chiellini in my first WL with the upgraded team. Need Dybala to pull the strings at CAM. 

For those that play 41212(2), do you set the two CMs to stay back or just the CDM?