Sign in to follow this  
Meat

KFC

I was in KFC at the weekend, instead of taking the salsa off my zinger tower she added a whole second box meal to the order. I noticed when it was like £11 but instead of getting them to correct the mistake I just ate the entire 2 meals like a big fat shitebag. And got a mcflurry on the way home. 

#Feltgoodman

• Upvote 4

I've been waiting for the double down for years. 2011 in fact. I remember i had set it as my desktop wallpaper at work! (weird i know, but it looked so nice).

I managed to grab one yesterday considering it's on for only one more week. Did it meet expectations?

Well, no not really. Now, i am not a fan of the standard burger fillet (zinger all the way) and in fact asked if it was possible to use zingers instead (nope).

The "burger" itself just was a bit sloppy and awkward to eat. You can use the wrapper of course but i wanted to eat it like a burger and this thing needed to be much more crispy than it actually was. Also, BBQ sauce IMO was a bad choice. I'm not a big fan of it and it kinda ruined it for me. Bacon was fine.

The weird thing was the menu didn't mention it came with a piece of chicken and a side. Not complaining , just was a bit of a surprise.

I think the double down would have been nicer actually inside a bun. Totally let down. I'll be sticking with my Zinger Meal in the future.

On 16/10/2017 at 10:19, Darhkwing said:

I've been waiting for the double down for years. 2011 in fact. I remember i had set it as my desktop wallpaper at work! (weird i know, but it looked so nice).

I managed to grab one yesterday considering it's on for only one more week. Did it meet expectations?

Well, no not really. Now, i am not a fan of the standard burger fillet (zinger all the way) and in fact asked if it was possible to use zingers instead (nope).

The "burger" itself just was a bit sloppy and awkward to eat. You can use the wrapper of course but i wanted to eat it like a burger and this thing needed to be much more crispy than it actually was. Also, BBQ sauce IMO was a bad choice. I'm not a big fan of it and it kinda ruined it for me. Bacon was fine.

The weird thing was the menu didn't mention it came with a piece of chicken and a side. Not complaining , just was a bit of a surprise.

I think the double down would have been nicer actually inside a bun. Totally let down. I'll be sticking with my Zinger Meal in the future.

It doesn't come with a side and a piece of chicken.  You've been upsold to a box meal (£7.something) and not the one on the poster (5.99).  They tried the same with me.  Also, I agree with everything in your post - I thought the whole double down thing was madness when I first saw it and was really looking forward to it when I saw it finally got a UK release.  Turns out it's exactly what it says it is - 2 pieces of chicken and no bun.  It doesn't work as a thing.  It's a flawed concept.  There's a reason they stick this stuff in a bun.  Ate the whole thing thinking "this is about a quids worth of fried chicken from asda - anyone could make this"

11 hours ago, dumpster said:

It doesn't come with a side and a piece of chicken.  You've been upsold to a box meal (£7.something) and not the one on the poster (5.99).  They tried the same with me.  Also, I agree with everything in your post - I thought the whole double down thing was madness when I first saw it and was really looking forward to it when I saw it finally got a UK release.  Turns out it's exactly what it says it is - 2 pieces of chicken and no bun.  It doesn't work as a thing.  It's a flawed concept.  There's a reason they stick this stuff in a bun.  Ate the whole thing thinking "this is about a quids worth of fried chicken from asda - anyone could make this"

Ah. They had a new girl working the tills and i had a hard time ordering due to her language. I asked for a large meal (well actually got a few meals) and maybe she got confused, although i was confused to be honest as she was speaking broken english!

Glad it's not just me then that didn't enjoy it.

On 10/17/2017 at 21:31, dumpster said:

thinking "this is about a quids worth of fried chicken from asda - anyone could make this"

Supermarket KFC style chicken is so good these days, I've totally lost any kind of love or lust for real KFC.

Sainsbury's SFC thighs from the Hot Counter are particularly good.

I went to KFC for the first time in years last week, had a really intense craving for it and I was sooo disappointed. I think I'm done with all fastfood chains, and will only go for Burger King in absolute moments of despair, or something. I remembered it being so much nicer. Maybe I'm getting old.

11 minutes ago, Illyria said:

I went to KFC for the first time in years last week, had a really intense craving for it and I was sooo disappointed. I think I'm done with all fastfood chains, and will only go for Burger King in absolute moments of despair, or something. I remembered it being so much nicer. Maybe I'm getting old.

KFC chicken on the bone has gone completely shit in the last few years, with pieces getting smaller and the prices getting higher.  It's rubbish compared to what it used to be, and the local place to me is always really messy.

On 19/10/2017 at 10:26, meatbin said:

Supermarket KFC style chicken is so good these days, I've totally lost any kind of love or lust for real KFC.

Sainsbury's SFC thighs from the Hot Counter are particularly good.

I'm still mad they got rid of SFC hot wings because they tasted EXACTLY like the ones sold at KFC and you get more than two

On 1/10/2018 at 12:39, dino_jr said:

I notice in KFC everyone says BREAST ONLY NO LEGS THX. Why don't they adjust the prices for each? Then the legs could make a "comeback".

I always trade pieces for legs and thighs when I can. The breast is just a big lump of dry white meat, and I suspect mostly only popular because people don't want to deal with bones.