Hexx

Hearthstone

40 minutes ago, strider said:

I play Cubelock, but I'm not very good with it. Got to rank 17 last month.

I don't mean to whinge, sorry! I know It's fun to play too (I have played a fair bit myself), it's just that it's also potentially one of the most prohibitive decks to play against, and it's popularity just makes that even more profound.

N'Zoth rotating out will slow it down, potentially, but the Skull, Lackey and Dark Pact cheating out the Voidlords are the real problems, and they aren't going anywhere for a year. Reddit posters seem to have taken to coming up with creative nerfs to try and slow it down without killing it, which I'd welcome, but we'll have to wait and see what else the new expansion has to offer too. Which reminds me - that new Warlock AoE legendary looks strong...

12 minutes ago, JDubYes said:

I don't mean to whinge, sorry! I know It's fun to play too (I have played a fair bit myself), it's just that it's also potentially one of the most prohibitive decks to play against, and it's popularity just makes that even more profound.

N'Zoth rotating out will slow it down, potentially, but the Skull, Lackey and Dark Pact cheating out the Voidlords are the real problems, and they aren't going anywhere for a year. Reddit posters seem to have taken to coming up with creative nerfs to try and slow it down without killing it, which I'd welcome, but we'll have to wait and see what else the new expansion has to offer too. Which reminds me - that new Warlock AoE legendary looks strong...

I don't have N'Zoth, sadly. Didn't seem worth crafting as he's leaving soon.

N'Zoth is leaving? Bah.

I just stuck him in my 'cubelock' deck to have a final blast with it.

5ac930677b78b_ScreenShot2018-04-07at22_55_29.thumb.png.0d17746c10230c8fb60d9537f6758686.png

i cant afford the mountain giants and faceless manipulators, so added a twisting nether and gorgonzola in there

Some time on Thursday. I'm holding out a bit more in case I implausibly open a regular one this week before that, as that's still a 400 dust profit.

Don't forget to start an arena run before the expansion releases. As long as it's still active when the patch hits, you'll get the rewards for however many games you've won and another run for free.

• Upvote 1

Meant to mention that. As usual you can play up to two losses and stop there - the last time this happened I left a really strong deck completely unplayed, and the replacement was pure shit.

3 hours ago, Sloth said:

Don't forget to start an arena run before the expansion releases. As long as it's still active when the patch hits, you'll get the rewards for however many games you've won and another run for free.

I did not know that. I'll start one tonight.

How did everyone do with their legendaries?

I preordered. Got Darius Crowley for free then opened.

Splintergraft

Glass Knight

Tess Greymane

Genn Greymane

Baku The Mooneater

Also got 14 epics and about 1500 in dust.

Is Hagatha worth crafting?

I got:

Hagatha

Splintergraft

Shudderwock

Glinda Crowskin

Blackhowl Gunspire

Genn Graymane

And about 5000 dust with the HOF cards. 

I opened 67 packs, and luckily didn't have to spend a penny. Quite pleased with that. 

Hagatha seems to be a bit of a snowball card. The battlecry is a little weak, but the active effect fills your hand really well.

Nice. I've not played for ages so thought I'd invest in the preorder to get back up to speed. I got 4,100 from the HOF stuff so have about 12,500 dust in total. I'm assuming it's best to wait to see what happens over the next month before I start crafting cards.

Yeah, I recon so, i crafted a singular epic in Baleful banker for the battlecry shaman deck, but i think i'll be waiting on the rest. 

Are the HOF cards supposed to return all of the dust when disenchanted?

I can only see the usual fraction of dust being returned on my cards

You shouldn't need to disenchant, when you login you get a popup of all the changes then awards you the dust and you get to keep the cards. You can then disenchant them again as normal.

I got that for 3 of the cards but not for all of the cards going to wild, like my golden nzoth, which have all been transferred to the wild selection but still have the normal disenchant values

maybe im doing something wrong

Uhhhh

You only get it for hall of fame cards - ie cards going from classic set to wild. You get nothing extra for expansion cards

I preordered the expansion but then changed my mind and refunded it (purely because I knew I’d not play it enough to warrant the fifty quid outlay). Oddly, despite taking my card back away and giving me my money back, it did leave me with the seventy packs to open. 

I got got some stuff. I don’t know what any of it means or does. Why are some cards common/rare/ legendary? What does that mean in the context of this game? Why are some cards gold? What does that mean? 

I preordered and had nearly 7,000 gold, so all told I think I opened about 140 packs this evening, and had about 13,000 dust at one point too (though I always craft some stuff opening night, because I’m an impatient idiot, so that’s down a fair bit now).

i got Shudderwock as my freebie (very pleased with that), then Hagatha, Houndmaster Shaw, both the Pally legendaries, Dorian, Azalina, and Countess Ashmore from packs. Have since made Tess and the Face Collector (because Rogue), as well as Lord Godfrey, because that card is nuts, and I figured CubeLock would still be pretty good.

The latter theory was pretty solid, it turned out, and I’m currently about rank 3,500 legend on the EU server (having only hit rank 2 yesterday), so I can now safely spend the next few weeks dicking around with the new cards without worrying about my rank, which I’m very happy about. :D

• Upvote 1

Well I opened about 84 packs and ended up with

Free Legendary: Glinda Crowskin
Duskfallen Aviana
Splintergraft
Archmage Arugal
Shuderwock
Darius Crowley
Golden Blackhowl Gunspire (yay free legendary of my choice)

The pity timer is definitely seems more generous as last expansion I had a similar amount of pack sand only got 3 legendaries

I've had an absolute shit time trying to play games tonight. Been constantly getting disconnected from ranked matches and losing games. Can't work out if it's the game or a shitty connection my end. I just crafted lord godfrey. Hah, he's nuts.

It's not been too bad here, no disconnections so far. 

Just did my free ticket from the abandoned arena run from last season and managed 5 wins, which isn't that bad since i drafted a poor deck, and managed to get a Prince Liam too from mt pack. The incidence of Legendaries seems really good this time around.

Yeah, I thought the drops were pretty generous, and haven’t had any issues at all since about 20 minutes after the expansion dropped.

Incidentally Strider, i think Godfrey was probably a pretty good craft if you’re intending to play Cubelock again this season; he was very useful for me inthat last climb to legend, even if Warlock isn’t exactly lacking in board clears anyway.

Oh, and Tess is fucking hilarious; I just played a Big Spell Mage (which looked pretty good, in fairness - lots of removal, especially with Voodoo Doll now in the mix) and played her three times. Each time she summoned an Antonidas and a Tyrantus (partial thanks to Face Collector there) and then cast Ice Barrier, Polymorph and 1-3 fireballs.

Funnily enough, I won that game, even after they cleared my first two Tyrantus with Voodoo Dolls, and had managed to heal from 5 hp back to full after playing the DK (another reason Voodoo Doll is good in Mage - free Water Elementals with your removal).

11 hours ago, Orko said:

Why are some cards common/rare/ legendary? What does that mean in the context of this game? Why are some cards gold? What does that mean? 

Just rarity.

Gold Cards - animated artwork basically. Everything in the game has a gold version, there's nothing "gameplay" about it. (The best thing is they disenchant to more mats. e.g. if you disenchant a gold legendary, you'll get enough dust to craft any normal legendary)

Unless you're a luxe player, spending real money to catch-em-all, mostly think of gold cards as a wildcard for whatever card of the same rarity you want.

Which reminds me, I should probably dust my gold Rin - who I have previously declaimed on this forum as a n00b trap.