hub2

Mario Kart 8

It's weird playing a version of mariokart where you need to break. I can't do it.

That's my excuse for my incredible 6 points scored over 3 games, fantasic debut in the rllmuk racing scene.

• Upvote 1

Nooooooooooooooo! Left for 10 minutes and can't get back into the lobby. Have fun guys.

If you join via the friends / rivals list you can join a full lobby, but you'll be in spectator mode until there's a free slot.

200cc is terrible for learning new courses... or relearning courses you've half forgotten :D

You really need to know exactly what corner is coming and what line you need well before you actually get there. It's quite frustrating at first but once you start getting your head round it and start hooking corners up it feels great.

I don't think I managed a win though! Got the odd 2nd which I was happy enough with

Thanks everyone - that was great fun. 200cc throws everything you know out the window! Adding a brake tap into the mix seems to be crucial but suddenly my fingers are doing three things, not two, which is curiously complex. Anyway, top stuff and no doubt back on very soon.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the games everyone, I'm Steve in case you wondered. Gotta get some practice in as so many of these courses feel new to me. 200cc can be really unforgiving.

• Upvote 2

I think this is really great! Donut is an almost unstoppable winning machine! For those finding 200cc difficult, as usual a bit of practice and changing your racing style will work eventually. I still can't get the hairpins on Koopa City right though...

Great games, everyone!

• Upvote 1

HOLY SHIT BABY PARK 200CC!!

The entire leaf cup is amazing. The music on Animal Crossing... the whole frigging track is gorgeous. Wild Woods is wonderful.

With this update Mario Kart 8 hasn't just become the greatest Mario Kart, but one of the greatest games ever made full stop.

• Upvote 3

You have to start your drift incredibly early and switch to Y to accelerate.

I've just spent a quite while searching for control change options ingame and online as to how to change it with no luck before just trying pressing it :facepalm: In my defence, ingame on the controls it only says A will accelerate but then it doesn't mention that B brakes either I guess.

I am roasting hot after playing this. Great to get some fiercely close races with good ole Donut, Dismemb0 and Mr Pranny there. I really love Neo Bowser City on 200cc, and Yoshi Circuit and Royal Raceway because they all force you to prepare for the constant corners. Mario Kart Stadium too; you can tilt your glider way left over the pipe-riddled dirt and avoid the section entirely. It's ace.

• Upvote 1

So, has anyone else got a horrific headache after last night's races? I don't think my eyes and brain like 200cc very much.

Having said that, after an initially dubious start I quickly began to love the extra challenge that 200cc brings. It's amazing how quickly you adjust and I came away with a few 1st places (oddly, always on the Autumn AC track). I can't wait to try again tonight but for now I must seek out the paracetamol.

I am roasting hot after playing this. Great to get some fiercely close races with good ole Donut, Dismemb0 and Mr Pranny there. I really love Neo Bowser City on 200cc, and Yoshi Circuit and Royal Raceway because they all force you to prepare for the constant corners. Mario Kart Stadium too; you can tilt your glider way left over the pipe-riddled dirt and avoid the section entirely. It's ace.

Jumped in for a couple of races just to see what people were using, and my usual setup is uncontrollable even though I switched out for Baby Mario at least this time which helped (slightly). So I might be nicking Dismemb0's scooter setup as he seemed to be doing quite well, what was it you were in is it a lower speed / higher grip cart or is it classed as a bike?

I've started up a tournament room with CPU players for Rllmuk peeps to lurk around in during the day.

rllmukBOTS 6675-7727-0398

I'm currently lurking.

:-( oh,

I can't start a race without two people.