Sign in to follow this  
governmentyard

Llamasoft's Goatup 2 is out and outstanding

9 hours ago, womblingfree said:

So what’s happened to all our saved data?? The apps aren’t even appearing in iOS anymore. Have they just deleted themselves, or are they backed up somewhere?

I auto-back-up every night so hoping I can pick up an ancient iPad with an old OS, or there’s some future emulator app.

when i lost them off my phone I restored/checked a backup and it had the save data but not the executable as they stopped backing those up along time ago (inc syncing to itunes on PC).

however I would be surprised if the save data would be useful for anything in the future unless you have an iOS device with the apps on.

The apps themselves are gone you cannot redownload them regardless of the version of iOS is on your device. The apps only exist on individual ipads and phones that werent upgraded to point of losing them.

Apple stopped allowing them to be downloading when Llamasoft dev license expired as far as I know, or because they were no longer compliant with current iOS.

EDIT - android versions (of some of the minotaur project games) can be downloaded here

http://minotaurproject.co.uk/Minotaur/donate.php

no idea how you install them etc as I don't use android.

• Empathy 1

Christ, you’d think that given how Llamasoft produce some of the best games available on the platform that someone or other would stump-up to make sure their stuff actually remains viable.

I can’t believe two of my favourite games have just evaporated into thin air. :mad:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, womblingfree said:

Christ, you’d think that given how Llamasoft produce some of the best games available on the platform that someone or other would stump-up to make sure their stuff actually remains viable.

I can’t believe two of my favourite games have just evaporated into thin air. :mad:

Yeah, I'm pretty annoyed about it as well, especially since the games just quietly disappeared off our purchase lists. I blame Apple for that more than Llamasoft. It's killed my enthusiasm for buying / playing games on their platform.

Only recently bought a new iPad 2018 and was gutted to find these missing from my downloads list, along with Sid Meiers Pirates and Pinball Dreams.

Considering on my android phone there's stuff there from my original HTC magic, it's really put me off spending any money in the Apple store.

• Empathy 1

I've never bought many iOS games, but the ones I did buy are all gone (Llamasoft, the rather fun CastleVania puzzle game). Not pleased about that – even Nintendo doesn't pull that kind of crap behaviour with their online stores.

• Empathy 1