spatular

Nintendo 3DS

Some "megathreads" are being split to lower the drain on the database. Large active threads have a bad impact on server performance. See A&F.

Seeing the first post in this (new) thread would have made more sense.

Going to make searching a pain in the arse now. Sigh.

Still crashing in Gunman Clive? patch is coming but in the meantime....

As I suspected, the train boss bug is a command buffer overflow, which should be easy enough to fix. There's a few other issues I need to look into as well and then there's the whole process of releasing a patch/update that I haven't relly looked into yet. It could take a while, especially during the holidays. In the meantime you should be able to avoid any risk of running into the bug by turning off 3D during that fight, as there's only about half the render commands in 2D. - developer Bertil Hörberg

As I suspected, the train boss bug is a command buffer overflow, which should be easy enough to fix. There's a few other issues I need to look into as well and then there's the whole process of releasing a patch/update that I haven't relly looked into yet. It could take a while, especially during the holidays. In the meantime you should be able to avoid any risk of running into the bug by turning off 3D during that fight, as there's only about half the render commands in 2D. - developer Bertil Hörberg

Weird. Mine didn't crash and I completed it. Had it in 3D the whole time as well.

That reminds me, I take back my initial grumbles about this, played a few more levels and it turned into a nice little platformer. Especially for £2.

I still think you should be able to shoot diagonally though.

• Upvote 1

RE: Sticker Star: Collecting all the pieces to gain entry to the last desert level has been quite a bitch. Had to look online to figure out the location of the last piece.

EDIT: Concerning the second boss:

Figuring out which Thing Sticker to use on him (the baseball bat) was easy as the fight started with the words "Play Ball!" :) Took me a while to figure out that it'd be ridiculously powerful to use on him once he had gotten all of segments out, though. When I finally used the bat on his entire body, his head had like only 40 HP left, haha! That surely turned a tediously long battle into a short skirmish.

I'm going to ask the Mods to do some - assuming nobody cries too much about these early few test cases. I reckon it'll go okay, nobody else cares enough to even comment.

It's not really a big deal, it's just some reasoning (in this or the last thread) would have been nice. And search is now a pain, obviously.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Thanks for posting this. I was looking at the little Gunman Clive icon this morning thinking "do I risk it crashing again?"

Quite a number of people on GAF have had it, the developer is a poster there so the game has quite a big thread. Boss 2 seems to be the only place it happens, I had it twice but eventually managed to clear it.

So, does anyone have a nice new-year roundup of the 3DS titles on the way, ideally excluding those Europe won't see?

Is there much to it? As at the moment, the only things I'm looking forward to are Phoenix 5 and Phoenix vs Layton. Nintendo are fortunate that those two games alone sell me the machine. Hopefully the Castlevania will be more of a Castlevania DS and less of a Portrait of Ruin also.

Bah, everytime I get streetpasses now it's from new owners who have fuck all puzzle pieces! Had 6 the other day and every single one had nothing I needed. Granted though I do only have some special pieces of two panels left. Still, it's good to have a nice big influx of new owners. Hope the Christmas Euro and US 3ds sales have been decent.

Art Academy is really nicely done on the 3DS. I bought it as a download as it's one of those things you dip in and out of rather than have the cart wedged in the slot for days on end till it's finished with.

Got my code - Layton is my 2013 present!

How long did people have to wait to get their free XL game codes through via email from the point they requested online?

I thought mine had never arrived and then double checked my gmail inbox, the code had been there a day after registering!

For the first time in a long time I've got that old Nintendo magic feeling back thanks to the 3DS and Wii U and mainly mario. NSMB2 and Mario 3D Land are brilliant on the 3DS and I've really being enjoying NSMBU 2 player co op with the Mrs. Also massive thanks to whoever posted about the free downloadable game, I had no idea and have now just unwrapped prof Layton!

I heart Ninty

Happy 2013

• Upvote 2