spatular

Nintendo 3DS

It arrived! Yay! :)

I'm having trouble setting up the Micro SD Card I want to use with it! Yay...Oh. :(

I'm following deKay's guide carefully but I'm getting some error messages when it comes to transferring data onto the Card. I think I know what the problem is, but if I'm wrong I think that'll be proof that something's wrong with it.

And secondly, there seems to be some sort of automatic screen brightness adjusting thing. Does anyone know how to turn that off, as it gets right on my tits.

On the homescreen, there is a brightness option I believe in the top left.

• Upvote 1

Two things though: I followed dekay's guide to do a system transfer and everything worked lovely... apart from my puzzle swap pieces. I've lost all of them. Well, not all of them, the panels which were installed on the 3DS way back when it first came out are still complete, but that's all I now have. :( I guess I did something wrong during the transfer?

Had that happen to me after my XL to New XL transfer, I just had to reboot the new system and all the pieces were restored. Give it a try. :)

• Upvote 1

Um, I think I've fallen at the final hurdle of the deKay process. :(

I had everything transferred correctly from my XL and working on the New 3DS, but when I went back to 'delete the old folder to make some space' I deleted the one matching the string of letters and numbers from the back-up of the old 3DS's SD card, and now there's only the basic stuff on my Home screen. Whoops!

I tried copying the folder back over from the back-up of the old 3DS, but there's still nothing. I went on to the eShop and my things are showing as redownloadable, but I haven't tried to do that yet. Is there any way to fix this?

On the homescreen, there is a brightness option I believe in the top left.

Ah yes there is indeed, thanks! I'd managed to forget the screen brightness option was there, since that button started being used for swapping themes... Speaking of which, I now need (actually physically need) to buy some faceplates and matching homescreen themes. :D

Had that happen to me after my XL to New XL transfer, I just had to reboot the new system and all the pieces were restored. Give it a try. :)

Aha! That did the trick! Thank you. :)

• Upvote 1

I can't get the screws on my new 3DS XL to unscrew. They just make a clicking sound when I turn them! Need to get that sd card replaced.

edit: ah, got it. You just need to give the case a bit of a pull!

All transferred successfully (so it looks anyway) thanks to Dekay's guide.

My girlfriend got a New 3DS from Game at lunchtime, and they wouldn't take no for an answer when she refused their attempt at upselling a warranty for thirty quid - said no three times, and they still put it through on the till (according to their ridiculous story, apparently Nintendo emailed their head office to make sure that everyone buying a New 3DS gets a warranty because New 3DSes are so fragile). Wankers.

I need help. I still can't decide between New 3DS and the New 3DS XL. I've currently got an XL and I like it but I prefer the styling of the New 3DS. Is there anyone on here thats made the switch from XL and can speak on how comfortable it is to use?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My girlfriend got a New 3DS from Game at lunchtime, and she told me that they wouldn't take a no when she refused their upselling of a warranty for thirty quid - said no three times, and they still put it through on the till (apparently Nintendo emailed them to make sure everyone buying a New 3DS gets a warranty, because New 3DSes are so fragile). Wankers.

Well if she said no and they sold it her without permission I'd go back and seek a refund. Disgusting behaviour. They basically stole money from her.
  • Upvote 1

Well if she said no and they sold it her without permission I'd go back and seek a refund. Disgusting behaviour. They basically stole money from her.

Done. That was utterly cunt-ish behaviour on their part. Never heard of such unpleasant and aggressive upselling, even from Game.

YAY! Have fun setting the bloody thing up.

Yeah, way more terrifying complicated than it ought to be. Was convinced I'd buggered it up at one stage. Checking my 'redownload software' list for MH4 afterwards was like getting the results of an AIDS test or something. (All clear!)

• Upvote 1

Um, I think I've fallen at the final hurdle of the deKay process. :(

I had everything transferred correctly from my XL and working on the New 3DS, but when I went back to 'delete the old folder to make some space' I deleted the one matching the string of letters and numbers from the back-up of the old 3DS's SD card, and now there's only the basic stuff on my Home screen. Whoops!

I tried copying the folder back over from the back-up of the old 3DS, but there's still nothing. I went on to the eShop and my things are showing as redownloadable, but I haven't tried to do that yet. Is there any way to fix this?

I've sorted it now - when I copied the back-up folder over previously I'd unwittingly merged it with the profile (or whatever it is) that the New 3DS had just created in the absence of the folder, but after deleting it properly and copying the folder over again everything is showing up. Thanks for the guide! :)

:)

Don't forget the Anime Channel is on the eShop today. Been watching Kirby Back At Ya! with my daughter. She loved these when they were on the Wii.

• Upvote 2

I caved and just ordered one from Amazon. Black, regular sized with wood style faceplate. Getting delivered tomorrow

Also just spent an hour putting in old club nintendo codes from games. Had a few expired ones but ended up with 9550 stars

Hey chaps,

Just jumped on the 3ds bandwagon.

Recommend a quick list of decent games for me?

A Link Between Worlds is the best Zelda game I've played.

And you can get download codes for Mario Kart 7 and NSMB2 for £15 each on eBay!

So, I'm wanting to transfer my all my 3DS stuff onto my Majoras Mask new XL.

I've done a transfer before and it was simple but things are a little different this time.

Current 3DS has a 64GB card in it and I've gone and got one for the new one too. Do I just pop that in there (I guess I need to format it to FAT32 first yes?) and then do the transfer (happy to leave it running over wifi through the night)? I don't mind doing that but how the heck does the new one then know to let me re download MM when it's never been on my account or anything?

Pretty sure I'm being thick as and missing something obvious but the guides that I've seen don't seem to mention transferring and merging my data / games to a new machine that's got a game pre installed on it.

Anyone?

It looks like the Micro SD card I'm trying to use is indeed faulty as I keep getting copy errors while trying to transfer/merge the 3DS data. I'll be taking it back tomorrow & getting another.

I hope I can sort this out soon, as I won't be playing Majora's Mask or anything else on my lovely new 3DS until I do.

Hey chaps,

Just jumped on the 3ds bandwagon.

Recommend a quick list of decent games for me?

Legend of Zelda series (Ocarina of Time, A Link Between Worlds, Majora's Mask)

Persona Q

Bravely Default

Fire Emblem Awakening

Luigi's Mansion 2

Kirby's Triple Deluxe

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby (or X & Y)

Super Mario 3D Land

StreetPass Mansion

(The Monster Hunter series is also highly regarded, although I haven't played the 3DS version.)

• Upvote 1