Wahwah*

The Rllmuk Metal Thread Part 2

The Heavy Metal Brittania documentary on iPlayer is worth a watch if anyone hasn't seen it. 

Can't handle how much Bill Ward (drummer from Black Sabbath) looks like a slightly fatter older Mark Kermode, even the mannerisms are the same. It's creepy.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Bleeders said:

I, Valiance released their EP ‘II’ last week. Been on repeat since. 

Fuck sake, forgot about that one. Cheers! 

On 22/08/2018 at 01:42, deerokus said:

That Sleep album from a few months ago. Fantastic stuff.

So you've just finished listening to the first riff? :D

It's a great album.

• Upvote 1

On 23/08/2018 at 16:56, 5R7 said:

i dont think this really belongs in here any more, but well. -

I hope that's the poppy end of the album, I really liked the last one but I hope they don't think they're a pop band now. 

Update: after a couple of listens, I think it's pretty good. 

I originally didn't know whether to put these guys in 'Worst Crimes...' or in here... but I can't stop listening to them for some reason?

Here's the new Hatesphere to balance it out just in case.

2 minutes ago, Mrs Horribleman said:

Have you checked out burning witch before?

Yeah I love Burning Witch, I'm a big fan of O'Malley, Southern Lord, Goatsnake etc :)

Friend has been trying for ages to get me into Baroness. Tried, but the production/mixing/mastering on their most recent album is atrocious, loudness wars'd so badly that's it terribly distorted and ruins what might, as far as I can tell, otherwise be a good album. Should I try their other stuff?

6 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Friend has been trying for ages to get me into Baroness. Tried, but the production/mixing/mastering on their most recent album is atrocious, loudness wars'd so badly that's it terribly distorted and ruins what might, as far as I can tell, otherwise be a good album. Should I try their other stuff?

Try the Blue album, it's their best imo, similar to their later polished stuff but a bit more rough around the edges and and more interesting for it. It still has some of the weird blown out production values, but it works better with the material.

• Upvote 1

Listening just now, good stuff! Certainly the mastering is infinitely more pleasant to listen to. God knows why they went all 'Death Magnetic on a medium wave radio' with the purple album, for a band whose music has a lot of dynamic range.

I'm a couple of songs into my first listen of Dee Snider's new album "For the Love of Metal" and it's fucking banging. I've always liked his voice but it seems like he's gotten better with age

• Upvote 2

On 16/09/2018 at 13:49, Flub said:

I'm a couple of songs into my first listen of Dee Snider's new album "For the Love of Metal" and it's fucking banging. I've always liked his voice but it seems like he's gotten better with age

Yeah, their Christmas album is about the first thing that goes on around December time for me. As for better with age... perhaps in some ways, yeah. I don't think it compares to him belting out those high notes in the 80s, though. Similar in that sense to Halford and Araya for me, I think - they just lose a dimension as they get older.