The Avalanches - New Album

• 2 months later...

I listened to it the other day and thought it was completely ace. You can definitely tell who's choices are who's! So much Kay Gees too which is good with me.

I was also enjoying this too. In some way the archetypal Avalanches tune. A melancholic harmony of disparate samples played out like a house track. On some days it might be my favourite thing they've done.

• Upvote 2
15 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

I listened to it the other day and thought it was completely ace. You can definitely tell who's choices are who's! So much Kay Gees too which is good with me.

I was also enjoying this too. In some way the archetypal Avalanches tune. A melancholic harmony of disparate samples played out like a house track. On some days it might be my favourite thing they've done.

Likewise. It's just wonderful.

I think it was a B side on the Since I Left You (single) CD. It's an unusual track for them from that period, and maybe a bit closer to the Wildflower sessions as there's a lot of live instrumentation and Darren on the vocals. 

On 27/05/2020 at 11:38, Art Vandelay said:

I think it was a B side on the Since I Left You (single) CD. It's an unusual track for them from that period, and maybe a bit closer to the Wildflower sessions as there's a lot of live instrumentation and Darren on the vocals. 

Yeah, it's a weird midway point between SILY and Wildflower but preceding both. Always feels current too.

• 1 month later...
On 23/07/2020 at 11:59, Art Vandelay said:

Oi oi, the new singles are great. The visuals that Jonathan Zawanda is putting together for this stuff are fantastic too. 

Both excellent and, refreshingly, different.

On 27/07/2020 at 22:57, Stanley said:

Also is that Terence Trent D’arby?

Is it? That'd make sense.

I also an wondering if the main bassline from Relfecting Light is a modified Seven Seconds from Cherry, which'd be cool.

• 1 month later...

There’s two new bangers, album artwork and some deeply cosmic shit written by them about it all available now with the full release out in December. I’m avoiding it all for the moment and will wallow is this fully at such point it can be listened to all at once. 

• Upvote 2