FishyFish

Person of Interest

Can't find a dedicated thread for this - apologies if I've missed one - it first aired in the US last year, so I'm suprised.

This starts tonight on Five. It's had very good reviews and ratings in the US and even prompted CBS to move CSI from the slot it's held for ten years to make way for it. It's been granted a second season already.

DRAMA: Person of Interest

On: Channel 5 (105)

Date: Tuesday 14th August 2012

Time: 22:00 to 23:00 (1 hour long)

Pilot. Series 1, episode 1.

Crime drama series from the man behind 'Lost', JJ Abrams. In this pilot episode, John Reese, an ex-CIA agent who dropped off the radar and is now presumed dead, is recruited by Harold Finch, a wealthy, computer genius who created a programme for the government that analyses all forms of electronic devices to predict future crimes. However the machine only provides a social security number leaving Reese to discover if that person is the villain or the victim and what crime is going to occur. This episode sees Reese given the social security number of Assistant District Attorney Diane Hanson who is working on a major murder/drugs case. He discovers that a group of corrupt cops are standing in the way of justice and he forcibly persuades one of them to provide some telling information.

(Editor's Choice, Subtitles, 2012, 4 Star)

Starring: James Caviezel, Michael Emerson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marked By: 'Category: Drama' marker

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigigu....tv/?p=1&r=8627

Copyright © GipsyMedia Limited.

Watched the whole season when it aired in the US, thought it was excellent & only got better as time went on.

So pleased it has got a second season. ^_^

Tied with Grimm as my favourite new show from last year.

Just started watching this, and I find it promising so far.

I'm not completely sold on this 'mystery machine' business yet, mostly because that bit sounds like it belongs in a comic style universe while the rest seems to aim for reality.

It's a slow burner - I was initially worried it was going the route of Alcatraz where every episode follows a template but as mentioned it seems to be now (7/8 eps in) developing an overarching storyline.

I'm nearly done with Season 1 and I must admit I'm totally hooked. This has been a surprise hit for me, and now I can't wait for season 2 (which begins airing in the US in a couple of weeks).

• Upvote 1

Finished S1 last night and all I can say is wow. This has been the best series I've seen since Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad. The main story arch was just fantastic!

Maybe I sould give it another go then. From where should I start watching? I've seen the first few eps but never got to the arc (or didn't notice it).

Maybe I sould give it another go then. From where should I start watching? I've seen the first few eps but never got to the arc (or didn't notice it).

There are actually two arching stories going on, on top of the "one case each episode" stuff, but to be honest,if you've seen a few episodes and gave up, I think it's unlikely that'll you'll warm to it at all.

All in all, PoI ain't a very deep series, it's more like a well written 24, or something, high in action and a main hero that can't seem to do anything wrong (let alone die), but there are always these small twists and turns and red herrings that makes it worth watching over and over (for me, at least).

It'll never win awards for best drama or anything, but it has certainly had me at the edge of the seat for several episodes on end.

It's fucking entertaining. Amazingly, so.

I just wanted to make sure that people didn't think this was Breaking Bad kind of brilliance, this is far more shallow. But still "fucking incredibly fun" to watch.

Anyone still watching this? I'm still very much enjoying it! This week's (S02E16) was pretty cool!

I loved seeing the 'terrorist' versions of John & Finch do their work!

Yeah I'm still watching weekly it has improved more & more as the "main" story arcs come to the fore. It was a well formulated episode this week - how many episodes are left this season?

Enjoying it as well. just started on Season 2 and am only a couple of episodes in. I was worried I might not like it as I find James Caviezel to be a bit wooden at times. But I think he suits the role, and of course Micheal Emmerson is fantastic to watch.

I think that was the first ep of the second season on 5 USA today - though it's a repeat from last Thurs.. the next is on tomorrow..

Nice of the Mysterious Computer to have a sense of narrative and send cyptic-smug man on a quest to uncover Root's back story instead of you know, just to where Root is.

We're lagging behind, about a month, but it's been brilliant so far this series.

In the UK we are a whole season behind the US :(

Season 2 in the UK & Season 3 in the US.

Please tell me someone else here has watched the Trilogy of episodes ending this week?

It was brilliant :D

I didn't know they were doing this :o

What started out as a pretty silly show has now seemingly decided there is no shark as they'd already jumped it and turned into an absolute hoot - I love it.