jonnatar

Okami HD

15 hours ago, cohen205 said:

This game never fucking ends! I’m still enjoying it, but it’s starting to outstay it’s welcome a tad now .

I’ll complete the story, for sure, but I’m not going to 100% it . Im not a lunatic.

I've posted this several times, but the game is basically a trilogy all mashed into one. 

There's three distinct and major "acts", and nothing really wrong with taking a brake between them. 

...but if I was a Producer at Capcom when they were making the game I'd absolutely say "We are chopping this thing up and releasing it as a Trilogy". 

I'm actually surprised it wasn't split into 3 parts, but then i guess it wouldn't work so well, as some abilities you get later are useful in the beginner areas of the game.

One thing that did surprise me is how Issun talks to women. Feels a little bit out of place in 2018 .

I've made a huge mistake. I stopped playing a while back, gone back this week and I have no idea what to do.  

Am in a small area and been told I need to find four other dogs or something, to open a gate to a house??? But wandering around, I can't find anything other than the first one, which I did when I originally played it. 

Anyone???

Despite my commitment and promises, I completely dropped this after the first act. It just felt like the right amount of game to me, albeit I probably only spent ten hours with it. I expect I'll go back one day but it's not even the first decade that I've said the same. 

54 minutes ago, noob said:

I've made a huge mistake. I stopped playing a while back, gone back this week and I have no idea what to do.  

Am in a small area and been told I need to find four other dogs or something, to open a gate to a house??? But wandering around, I can't find anything other than the first one, which I did when I originally played it. 

Anyone???

Off the top of my head I think you are at the following bit:

Spoiler

You are trying to get into the wind temple area. The other dogs are in different areas of the world, you should have a charm following you which will help direct you to them.

39 minutes ago, keptbybees said:

Off the top of my head I think you are at the following bit:

Hide contents

You are trying to get into the wind temple area. The other dogs are in different areas of the world, you should have a charm following you which will help direct you to them.

Yes, and no, none. I don't know why

3 hours ago, noob said:

Yes, and no, none. I don't know why

Spoiler

Sorry I’ve looked it up as it’s been so long since I played through it and I’m mixing the parts up. All the dogs you are looking for are in the Kusa village area but you should have a Canine Tracker that helps you to find them all.

If not try talking to Princess Fuse again, or I can just tell you where they are if you really want. 

• Upvote 1

I finished this a while ago and it's definitely from an era when games were sold by the kilo. It could doing with being 40% shorter. Saying that, it has a lot to live about it.

I played this on lunchtimes before I went on holidays and put in about 20 hours.I struggled to get back into it this week now I'm home. I'm on Oni Island now and remember now that I hate the stupid playing card race bit HARD.

About 2/3 through now though, it's create being able to play it on the go.

1 hour ago, keptbybees said:
  Hide contents

Sorry I’ve looked it up as it’s been so long since I played through it and I’m mixing the parts up. All the dogs you are looking for are in the Kusa village area but you should have a Canine Tracker that helps you to find them all.

If not try talking to Princess Fuse again, or I can just tell you where they are if you really want. 

Thank you :wub:

Finished this again on Switch. Quicker than on PS2 and not as complete, but still easily one of my favourite games ever. Sure, a bit long, and fuck boss rush endgames - as nice as it was to steamroll the bosses again.

2018122914475000-3C15B8B5FCFF64D185612CFC684FD589.thumb.jpg.47ca5d84f88496e465bebbfba0beba9b.jpg

2018122914475200-3C15B8B5FCFF64D185612CFC684FD589.thumb.jpg.9afe0a1871cba9c16458f8447c4faf58.jpg

• Upvote 5