Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

1 hour ago, JPL said:

Is it all in those sections at the start where you do those training things? They were throwing so much at me at that point, I really didn’t take any of it in.

I think so, but I was so blindsided I can't be sure.

1 hour ago, JPL said:

What the fuck are tech weapons? :lol:

Honestly, as much as I love this game, they really should have done a better job of introducing all these things.

I may have got the term wrong - it's been a couple of months since I finished it.

19 minutes ago, smac said:

I may have got the term wrong - it's been a couple of months since I finished it.

They have pistols, rifles, assault and sniper rifles, I think. And some of them are smart. I think.

Honestly, 100 hours and I'm still not sure.

30 minutes ago, Festoon said:

They have pistols, rifles, assault and sniper rifles, I think. And some of them are smart. I think.

Honestly, 100 hours and I'm still not sure.

Alright so Power Weapons can ricochet (you can get a mod that will show you the trajectory), tech weapons can be charged for a more powerful shot or burst, smart weapons having homing bullets and are fucking shit

Also Overture has a rapid (or rather, less slow) fire mode once your skill level in one of the attributes is high enough

The Burya & Grad weapons can both shoot through walls and are IMO the most ubiquitous. For a free Grad rifle (level locked though, sad face) go up onto the roof by following a hallway and then an elevator by Vik’s shop in the alley. There’s a graffiti up there too. If you’ve completed the game you know the area I’m talking about. 

The best gun is the Overture, hands down. It’s all I use, with the exception of the Overwatch. It has super high alpha damage, enabling you to remain in cover between shots and be less exposed. This is critical on higher difficulties, where automatic weapons will leave you exposed too long and you will soak up damage

the end

24 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Alright so Power Weapons can ricochet (you can get a mod that will show you the trajectory), tech weapons can be charged for a more powerful shot or burst, smart weapons having homing bullets and are fucking shit

Also Overture has a rapid (or rather, less slow) fire mode once your skill level in one of the attributes is high enough

The Burya & Grad weapons can both shoot through walls and are IMO the most ubiquitous. For a free Grad rifle (level locked though, sad face) go up onto the roof by following a hallway and then an elevator by Vik’s shop in the alley. There’s a graffiti up there too. If you’ve completed the game you know the area I’m talking about. 

The best gun is the Overture, hands down. It’s all I use, with the exception of the Overwatch. It has super high alpha damage, enabling you to remain in cover between shots and be less exposed. This is critical on higher difficulties, where automatic weapons will leave you exposed too long and you will soak up damage

the end

Overwatch was my gun of choice, zap 'em with a bit o'cyber then pick 'em off.

Never really 'got' the mods. Or the hacking.

13 minutes ago, Festoon said:

Overwatch was my gun of choice, zap 'em with a bit o'cyber then pick 'em off.

Never really 'got' the mods. Or the hacking.

there’s a mod that eliminates recoil, making shooting fairly trivial. Sounds like you did get the hacking, as you used it in combat?

I've been exclusively putting points into Intelligence and now only use a gun in the most hairy of situations (very few and far between tbf). My Contagion > Short Circuit > Synapse Burnout loop just rattles through enemies. Though if I feel someone deserves it they get the Suicide treatment.

6 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

there’s a mod that eliminates recoil, making shooting fairly trivial. Sounds like you did get the hacking, as you used it in combat?

I mean the code-y Breach Protocol stuff.

12 minutes ago, friedgold said:

I've been exclusively putting points into Intelligence and now only use a gun in the most hairy of situations (very few and far between tbf). My Contagion > Short Circuit > Synapse Burnout loop just rattles through enemies. Though if I feel someone deserves it they get the Suicide treatment.

Isn’t that pretty boring though? I’ve spread my attribute points around, so I don’t have anything fancy like contagion or suicide, but I do like to use synapse burnout to soften a few up and get them alert, then I go in all guns blazing to keep it fun.

Not for me but can see how your mileage may vary. I've been enjoying it as a stealth game tbf, going through missions without being spotted. If I do I've got to either shoot and pray or run like hell because I can' take much punishment. I'm only level 14 though so once I got the perks I've been chasing I'll start pumping stats elsewhere.

Fair enough. I found the stealth to be pretty rudimentary really and it’s too easy to alert everyone. Have you been stashing all the dead bodies as you go?

I'm trying to, or using the perks I've invested in that recharge RAM as hacked enemies drop to chain attacks. When it works as I plan it it's immensely satisfying, watching 4 or 5 goons drop down in quick succession, all equally confused and angry.

If I don’t want to go in sword / fists blazing I mainly use Cyberpsychosis, I like to watch them fighting each other.

Re Overture, I recently swapped that out for O’Five that you get by beating the soldier in one of the fights - isn’t that better? It seems more powerful but does seem quite slow - I don’t use them much though so I’ve not really compared them.

7 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

I’ve never heard of most of these quickhacks, like suicide, cyberpsychosis, synapse burnout - where do you get them from?

After experimenting with Skippy, I’m a huge fan of smart weapons. There’s an amazing iconic smart pistol you can find on the Arasaka parade mission, which is basically Skippy without the voiceover - so obviously not as good, but very satisfying to use. Plus there’s a tremendous smart assault rifle you can get from a side mission in Santo Domingo, in that half-built housing estate under the dam. They make the game quite easy, but it fuels the fantasy of being an unstoppably dangerous edgerunner. 

Your deck has a number of slots, which increases the more you spend on upgraded versions. Each slot can house an ability (quickhack).

I think you buy the abilities in shops, but I think I’ve picked up most of mine as loot.

I think they should have had clearly defined missions where they introduce and make you use all these things that people have missed, one at a time. It definitely feels like they took the training wheels off too early.

Maybe they did at the start, but the information overload when you’re so unfamiliar with everything has left my mind blank depleted my RAM.

Oh yeah, I’ve got a cyberdeck. I just haven’t seen those hacks before. I use it quite a bit, but tend to use the same ones - overheat, reboot optics, etc. Never found a hack as loot, to my knowledge. 

From memory they turn up in gigs, rather than random places - but it’s been so long since I messed with the deck I don’t know.

You definitely visit a shop early on where they ‘explain’ this, but iirc I didn’t really get it at the time, it was only miles in when I could afford to buy a swanky deck that I realised there were expansions.

I mean I’ve been playing it for hundreds of hours and I still don’t get the Sandevision (?) stuff, etc. As Jon says, it could do with missions that properly detail this stuff.

1 hour ago, K said:

Oh yeah, I’ve got a cyberdeck. I just haven’t seen those hacks before. I use it quite a bit, but tend to use the same ones - overheat, reboot optics, etc. Never found a hack as loot, to my knowledge. 

I never purchased one, so I must have gotten them as loot.

1 hour ago, ZOK said:

I mean I’ve been playing it for hundreds of hours and I still don’t get the Sandevision (?) stuff, etc. As Jon says, it could do with missions that properly detail this stuff.

What's this? I've never even heard of this?

The Sandevistan, I think it's called. You stick it in your Cyberdeck slot, and lets you slow down time and increase damage - I haven't used it, as the cyberdeck is too useful to give up and it seems aimed at players who want to have a purely lethal playstyle, whereas the game seems to really reward stealth.

3 hours ago, ZOK said:

If I don’t want to go in sword / fists blazing I mainly use Cyberpsychosis, I like to watch them fighting each other.

Re Overture, I recently swapped that out for O’Five that you get by beating the soldier in one of the fights - isn’t that better? It seems more powerful but does seem quite slow - I don’t use them much though so I’ve not really compared them.

Overture is a revolver. Overwatch is that rifle Panam gives you. O’Five is very good BUT doesn’t have a suppressor. 

35 minutes ago, K said:

The Sandevistan, I think it's called. You stick it in your Cyberdeck slot, and lets you slow down time and increase damage - I haven't used it, as the cyberdeck is too useful to give up and it seems aimed at players who want to have a purely lethal playstyle, whereas the game seems to really reward stealth.

Yes. You can no longer do fancy hacks but you can line up headshots and have a good old time. I played around with it but I prefer the versatility of Cyberdeck + Kerenzikov (dodging slows down time). You can mod the kerenzikov to be better

4 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Overture is a revolver. Overwatch is that rifle Panam gives you. O’Five is very good BUT doesn’t have a suppressor. 

Yes of course! I was also using Overture, but I just swapped it for one of the Smart pistols you get from the luxury villas to see what they do.

3 hours ago, K said:

Buying and crafting has done for me. I'd picked up quite a few blueprints (somehow)

12 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

There's a smart sniper rifle you can get which guarantees headshots from ridiculous ranges. I thought all tech weapons would highlight enemies and shoot through walls if charged? Maybe you needed the correct interface mods.

Widowmaker was my go-to weapon for a lot of the game as a result.

Widowmaker is ridiculous. Ping someone, and then just blow their head off and all of their friends’ heads off without even coming out of cover. 

I feel like a lot of this game is cycling between different massively overpowered things so that you stay in that initial rush of “Jesus, I’m fucking invincible”, which is not exactly classic game design but works for me.