Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

Vemsie

I didn't regret playing it on launch - not even before I patched it. In fact, I regret patching it - it meant I couldn't play it for four days while the patch downloaded. It is much better since. Base PS4.

Main problem now is still random crashes - probably a memory leak or something like that. Plus minor glitches with dialogs, mission conditions.

So I totally understand anyone wanting to hang on for more patches.

Yeah I'm definitely parking this. I decided to give it one more go today, and played through a major plot mission with a single loud guitar riff playing throughout, which somewhat spoilt the mood. After that I played a side mission where everyone looked like they were in permanent shadow, which I had to fix by reloading the entire game.

3 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

There's an elevator you can access from the side of the stage.

Spoiler

Yup, got the elevator but wouldn't open at street level without the access card. It did trigger that I had left the building and told me to put the body in the car. 

Ended up re-doing a few times and every time it had the same result. Never entered combat once but the door always ended up locked. I eventually just used suicide on both doormen. Ironically the door stayed open after I got the access card.

Regarding the Suicide quickhack, and how to get it.

Spoiler

Looks like it can be a random drop, or you can craft it once your lvl 16 INT and have unlocked the perk to craft epic quichacks.

I just managed to get an epic version of Suicide as a random drop from a data point. It helps to have the Datamine Virtuoso perk maxed for this.

1 hour ago, choddo said:

Good god, I'm 120 hours in and not finished the main storyline yet

Quite a bit behind you at only 65 hours in but I'm still just in act 2 (I have no idea how many acts there are) 

This is one of the most compulsive games I've ever played in my *counts fingers*... 40 years of gaming. 

9 hours ago, Thor said:

It's why I'm on my third playthrough, and have taken over 460 photos (I checked the folder!): I don't want to leave Night City.  

Your recent batch shows one taken very near to that hidden quest I mentioned:

most walkthroughs give a different starting point.

You're a street away from that; there's a gun shop very near to it.

Spoiler

Look for a lockup/garage door you can open.

Reward is a

Spoiler

Tyger Claw motorbike - Arch Nazaré 'Itsumade'

You might have done this on one of your playthroughs anyway - it's called The Highwayman, I believe. If I remember correctly.

10 hours ago, ZOK said:

It’s crazy isn’t it - it’s the best realised game world I’ve ever experienced.

Isn't Zelda BoTW the best realised.... erm.... everything? 

On 11/01/2021 at 22:40, Mogster said:

Yeah I'm definitely parking this. I decided to give it one more go today, and played through a major plot mission with a single loud guitar riff playing throughout, which somewhat spoilt the mood. After that I played a side mission where everyone looked like they were in permanent shadow, which I had to fix by reloading the entire game.

Yeah, i thought it was a bug. It kept going though into the next mission! I really hated the thought that I'd forever be stuck with this 10 second guitar riff playing through the rest of the game. Fortunately though once I saved and reloaded the music had stopped.

Spoiler

For me. I've got up to the final mission but I've stopped playing as I've run out of steam a bit on it. It is a good game and will pick up and complete it eventually, but I'll do it when I'm in the right mood. I did find it funny though that one of the options (not immediately publicised) is to commit suicide. It's not like you can change your mind either after you've made that selection as it goes straight to credits :lol: I guess that's one way to end the game!

I have to admit. The game had a terrible first impression on me. Truly terrible. I felt like I had driven off a cliff of my expectations.

Because of how much I loved CDPR I had not seen almost any video of the game in motion to avoid any spoilers. Then hearing from DF that it was the best looking PC game they had ever seen. I would say I created something in my head that was impossible on current technology. 

I had recently been playing a lot of Horizon Zero Dawn (Frozen Wilds) on my PS4. It was rather jarring to go from those fluid lifelike animations to the PS2 people walking around the environment and turning like robots from one direction to the other. They look extra weird on the realistic city environment.

But to me the game has been a slow burn. I have slowly discovered what is good about it. I am now 60 hours in and have not completed ACT 2. I am enjoying it more like I enjoyed Fallout 3 when it came out than how I enjoyed Witcher 2.

I got used to the GTA3 pedestrians after a while and then I started getting immersed in the experience. Also driving from first person has helped in this regard.

PS: The minimap needed to be better as well. The vision cones are the most videogamey shit ever. This does not help with immersion.  

I thought the start was abysmal. The opening air-car ride through the city on the corpo lifepath looked surprisingly unspectacular - the heavy mist and monolithic buildings made it all look very last-gen, it was full of glitches, and I found the remedial-level stealth mission the first act climaxes with absolutely infuriating. 

Act 2 was like a completely different, much better, game. It's weirdly common for big games to have rubbish introductions, but I thought CP2077 had a particularly poor start.

1 hour ago, Oz said:

Isn't Zelda BoTW the best realised.... erm.... everything? 

Yes probably - BOTW certainly knocks C2077 into a cocked hat if you look at the robustness of the physics...but then this pisses all over it in terms of breadth and attention to detail in the world, and it’s that I guess I’m really talking about. 

1 hour ago, ZOK said:

Yes probably - BOTW certainly knocks C2077 into a cocked hat if you look at the robustness of the physics...but then this pisses all over it in terms of breadth and attention to detail in the world, and it’s that I guess I’m really talking about. 

To clarify I was only trying to channel the forum energy and get that in there before someone else did. I was not as blown away by Zelda as the fan boys in RLL. I will tighten my cilice now to repent for saying this. 

hey @Scruff I bought the gorrilla arms. I am yet to figure out how to use them. I have not done any other boxing matches. Is that the only way they work when fighting hand to hand? I am not sure I fully understand how they work. My body level is 6 by the way (at level 25). 

8 minutes ago, Oz said:

To clarify I was only trying to channel the forum energy and get that in there before someone else did. I was not as blown away by Zelda as the fan boys in RLL. I will tighten my cilice now to repent for saying this. 

I think I played BOTW for over 300 hours...

Do you guys know what the game is doing on the "breaching" screen? Does it need to authenticate with the server? Just curious. It is the first game I purchase on GOG and I understood it was all DRM free. 

As an aside, I love the futureslang in this. It's somewhere in-between genius and terrible, but I do like it when someone says something like "Sich is, some gonk jacked the detes".

Do you guys think I'm nit-picking about the crowd animation point? Even looking at @choddo's photo. They look too much like video game people. Maybe they were like this in Witcher but perhaps because there were less of them? The crowd of people just looks terrible. People walking into each other all the time and appearing and disappearing at random. 

3 minutes ago, Oz said:

Do you guys think I'm nit-picking about the crowd animation point? Even looking at @choddo's photo. They look too much like video game people. Maybe they were like this in Witcher but perhaps because there were less of them? The crowd of people just looks terrible. People walking into each other all the time and appearing and disappearing at random. 

It's the thing that annoys me the most about the game. The game's various bugs I can actually live with to a certain degree, but the crowds behaviour is seemingly baked in to just be what it is at the moment - random fuckers walking about like zombies. I don't know what they can do to sort this out without major work on it - and seeing as I'd imagine they've got their hands full doing all the other stuff, I doubt we'll see it improved any time soon.

I'm sure they weren't so crap in the earlier preview demos we saw...

I think it’s fine. They continually do little gestures that surprise me, considering they are video game people.

Unless all the power goes into making them properly lifelike (and to what end, really?) which I guess is years and fortunes away, I’m not sure how it could be much better...basic glitching and scripting fuckups aside, that is.

4 hours ago, tronied said:

Yeah, i thought it was a bug. It kept going though into the next mission! I really hated the thought that I'd forever be stuck with this 10 second guitar riff playing through the rest of the game. Fortunately though once I saved and reloaded the music had stopped.

For me. I've got up to the final mission but I've stopped playing as I've run out of steam a bit on it. It is a good game and will pick up and complete it eventually, but I'll do it when I'm in the right mood. I did find it funny though that one of the options (not immediately publicised) is to commit suicide. It's not like you can change your mind either after you've made that selection as it goes straight to credits :lol: I guess that's one way to end the game!

For the love of god spoilers. I don’t understand what’s so hard to understand. Stupid identikit side quest spoilers are excusable and I’m certainly guilty of that but main quest / end game stuff? You should be ashamed

Ive been ducking Takemura’s invitation to the market for a month 

1 hour ago, choddo said:

@Phelan Defo more than 5 cars. Feels bustling.

And yes, my duds are super stylish

image.thumb.png.55d19ccc814ce67e95a41a227047e945.png

hey! I got the 'dream of jeannie' bottoms. They came with an elite mod in them. Is there a way to extract the mod?