Jump to content

Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags


Vemsie
 Share

Recommended Posts

The stealth / alert system is definitely borked.  I had my suspicions during the Heist, but proved it in the Clouds segment last night.  2 bodies, both tidily packed away and the alert rang out throughout the joint.  Also, the alert level never seems to drop although the guide suggests it should - thus you get those annoying persisting barks.  I liked the options available at the end of that segment though, and I grabbed a katana too.

 

I've had the missing hat and hair in the mirror thing now but only seem to have a waist up view so I don't know what happens with my trousers or other bits.

 

Also persistent text from Johny (subtitles) and a clothes outlet not loading, but none of the really crazy graphic stuff yet.  

 

Enjoying long trips on the bike with the jazz/blues radio station on and the rain coming down in sheets....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, denisb said:

I don't really play this type of game I got it on stadia for the free controller deal but its rock hard I don't have a clue what to do is there a setting to make it super easy ?

 

...the difficulty slider? try the game on easy?

 

also, you may want to adjust the controller settings as they are a bit borked as standard, i think sombody posted about the best settings in the pc tech tips thread...

 

basically, go to advanced and turn all the acceleration gubbins off, set your deadzones so they are like 0.1 and 0.95, this means if you push the stick a little bit it will turn slowy push it all the way it turns fast with out any turn accceleration, and i think zoom to 2.

 

There is also an autoaim setting which you can turn up. and set the sensitivity to what makes you feel comfortable

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Yiggy said:


Having literally finished W3 last night having put in 60 hours or so I agree with this. I think people who played it years ago are remembering it as more than it is. It’s still great but I never got ‘living breathing world’ out it it. 

 

Yeah people are definitely remembering it wrongly. You couldn't even attack non hostiles in the Witcher 3. NPCs weren't in the least bit dynamic. The closest you came to that was being able to piss off invulnerable town guards who would beat you unconscious and fine you thousands of Witch dollars or whatever the currency was. 

 

Cyberpunk is basically Future Witcher 3 With Gunz. A pretty good open world RPG, let down by some annoying technical issues at launch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SM47 said:

 

Yeah people are definitely remembering it wrongly. You couldn't even attack non hostiles in the Witcher 3. NPCs weren't in the least bit dynamic. The closest you came to that was being able to piss off invulnerable town guards who would beat you unconscious and fine you thousands of Witch dollars or whatever the currency was. 

 

Cyberpunk is basically Future Witcher 3 With Gunz. A pretty good open world RPG, let down by some annoying technical issues at launch. 

I think at some point an impression was given (by media, or by cdpr themselves?) that it was going to have the freedom and quest design of witcher 3 married to the intricate systems of an arkane game in a GTA/RDR-esque open world. If you were expecting that I can see why you'd be disappointed by the NPC behaviour for example, even though it's totally standard for open worlds. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/12/2020 at 12:53, robdood said:

Hmmm combat continues to irk.  Anyone else find dashing a bit unreliable when in the middle of a battle?  Like I click the stick but nothing happens, sometimes. 

 

Ludicrous how strong melee seems compared to firearms, too.  I've dropped it to easy.  At least now enemies die in one or two shotgun blasts, which feels a bit more believable. 

 

Dropped it to easy now too. As @Cosmic_Guru has said there is something wrong with the game's stealth systems. Not exactly sure what it is but it's definitely no Dishonored 2 in that regard. Also, even with eight hours in I struggle to cope with all those game mechanics/systems the game throws at you and the wave of tiny icons doesn't help. I wanted to play this in pacifist style but I really struggle to. So "easy" it is for the time being.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I've managed to clear a couple of areas in Stealth mode with the help of some busted optics and quick nipping between cover, but it's hard. And the smart sniper rifle is getting a lot more action.

 

Can look great at times though. How do you do the screenshot tool in game? I had to clip this one with windows-key-shift-S

cyberpunk77screen1.thumb.png.eb9b0af8e137fc664fe531b22a140d42.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, I haven't been following this thread because I wanted to avoid spoilers (not sure if there are any). Does anyone else find hacking infuriatingly slow for no reason? When you hold tab (PC) and perform a hack, it takes anywhere from 30 seconds to what feels like 2 minutes to upload. There's no reason for this as time seems to stand still whilst you're doing it. All I can do is wait and stare out my window. I could understand if this was a subtle way to "load" a bit of the game, but it isn't as it usually results in someone dying or being hijacked. Is this a bug or did they intentionally seem to draw out the "hacking" process unnecessarily.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, choddo said:

Yeah I've managed to clear a couple of areas in Stealth mode with the help of some busted optics and quick nipping between cover, but it's hard. And the smart sniper rifle is getting a lot more action.

 

Can look great at times though. How do you do the screenshot tool in game? I had to clip this one with windows-key-shift-S

cyberpunk77screen1.thumb.png.eb9b0af8e137fc664fe531b22a140d42.png

With a controller it's L3 and R3 together.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, tronied said:

Sorry, I haven't been following this thread because I wanted to avoid spoilers (not sure if there are any). Does anyone else find hacking infuriatingly slow for no reason? When you hold tab (PC) and perform a hack, it takes anywhere from 30 seconds to what feels like 2 minutes to upload. There's no reason for this as time seems to stand still whilst you're doing it. All I can do is wait and stare out my window. I could understand if this was a subtle way to "load" a bit of the game, but it isn't as it usually results in someone dying or being hijacked. Is this a bug or did they intentionally seem to draw out the "hacking" process unnecessarily.

Stop holding tab once you've selected a hack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surprised at the comments re: stealth - either I've been lucky, or my (PC) version of the game is more stable in this regard, as I've had no problems with hidden bodies being found, and my main 'problem' with the stealth has been that it's a bit too easy with all your hacking abilities,* ability to tag enemies to view through walls, plus the AI's extremely limited perception of audio** - much as Dishonored's is rendered simplistic by your magical powers. Only times I've had to go loud, as it were, have been when the game dictated it (or when I decided to level up my brawling skills).

 

* cameras and turrets are rendered boons rather than threats; the distract ability would be incredibly powerful on its own; and the ability to switch off optics in a pinch is massively overpowered

** it's clearly a simple "is the player moving and not crouched, and also within x metres" bit of logic, rather than caring about the surface you're on, whether you're dropping from height, whether there's sound-blocking objects between you and them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

 

Anyway, after initially thinking of uninstalling straight away, I'm now kinda tempted to see how differently I can play it with a female V...

 

Exactly where I'm at. Seems we had the same ending and I've started again with a female V this time. However I'm going routes and skills that I didn't touch first time and likewise, not speccing into or using anything I did the first time (if it can be helped). 

I'm now wielding a two handed hammer and if anything, it feels even more disgusting that blades. One strong attack on most enemies and you literally cave their heads in. Shotguns are also surprisingly effective and it feels quite nice to shoot someone at close range and have them launch into the air better than an Elon rocket.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kryptonian said:


I’m pretty invested in your armour now, please confirm later :)

Ah, it is only 400 armour despite having found some legendary Corpo clothes out and about!


I think what confused me was the Armour bonus on an Armadillo mod - it increases armour by 74.243 (which is just a wanky way of saying 74 ffs).

 

5922F6FC-F168-4554-8130-E1282140CADF.thumb.png.bc85315f70edd0d6bfc83b99776718bd.png
 

When not trying to go for max stats my V looks like such a badarse bitch!

 

B227D783-812D-46BC-850F-68720E72F1E9.thumb.png.968927f7941c67fa563f195ddc445b81.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it possible to take the big machine gun you find on the first mission (Corpo) back with you? I had it on me when we left the apartment, but when V got home it was gone. I do seem to have pistols I picked up though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.