rllmuk
Daley

Game of Thrones - No Book Chat. NONE. The Books don't exist.

7 minutes ago, kensei said:

The worst thing about that was

Hide contents

The Hound just takes out shit loads of Kingsguard, casually like, wearing full plate armour. 

Spoiler

Not to mention that The Mountain protects Qyburn and Cersei from huge pieces of falling masonry by crouching over them. Then kills Qyburn moments later and lets Cersei wander off unaccompanied, because of a grudge match against his brother... who is the only one that actually bears a grudge. Unless The Mountain is still upset about the Hound playing with his toys.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, kensei said:

The worst thing about that was

Hide contents

The Hound just takes out shit loads of Kingsguard, casually like, wearing full plate armour. 

Fighting an undead zombie killing machine - Fine

Killing someone in plate armour - WHERES THE REALISM???!?

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Spoiler

Another enjoyable but stupid episode.

Was it shown how Arya, the Hound and Jamie got in to King's Landing? They seemed to just wander in there in the midst of full on preparations for a massive battle. Maybe there's a key under a flower pot outside the main gate (not shown due to time constraints).

I didn't like Arya calling the Hound 'Sandor'. Didn't he murder her friend in cold blood early on?

They've set it up really nicely for one final season of the mad queen vs the Starks though.

• Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

Hide contents

Fighting an undead zombie killing machine - Fine

Killing someone in plate armour - WHERES THE REALISM???!?

Spoiler

I think it more to do with the fact the the Hound's sword noticeably sliced through one set of plate and bounced off another.

Though the obvious answer to that is that Frankenmountain just has better armour than everyone else

23 minutes ago, Eric86 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Another enjoyable but stupid episode.

Was it shown how Arya, the Hound and Jamie got in to King's Landing? They seemed to just wander in there in the midst of full on preparations for a massive battle. Maybe there's a key under a flower pot outside the main gate (not shown due to time constraints).

I didn't like Arya calling the Hound 'Sandor'. Didn't he murder her friend in cold blood early on?

They've set it up really nicely for one final season of the mad queen vs the Starks though.

Don't think it was that complicated, they just hid among the other refugees. Guards were a bit too overwhelmed at that point to be checking papers.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Zael said:

Yep you're right. It's a fantasy tv show so nothing should matter. Which is why I think it's bs Jon Snow didn't create a portal into Cersei's chambers and turn her into a sheep. 

Thats the spirit.

It just amuses me when people get hung about small pratical things, like, the strength of plate armour, whilst at the same time, allowing beleif to be suspended to cater for dragons and zombies.

• Downvote 4

My final E6 predictions...

In a sensible world — A SENSIBLE WORLD, Dany wouldn't be able to dismount without being arrested. However, in this world it might just be that the Unsullied and Dothraki outnumber Idiot Jon's lot. I'll go with the former, as I suspect the writers have for convenience, else they'd have to dive back into politics that they've run out of time for.

— Varys will have written to Sansa to warn her, because Dany's off to kill her in the hope of burying the secret (Tyrion gets dealt with later in her mind), and Idiot Jon won't be able to arrive in time
— Brienne's protecting Sansa, but killing folk with dragon fire's tired, so Brienne gets killed by blunt-force trauma during her fight with Drogon, and/or he bites her in half (last week we had the PS1 Rex, so this week Benioff and Weiss have gone for Jurassic Park
— If not Brienne, because they don't fancy it for whatever reason, old Royce is getting munched
— Bran then wargs into Drogon to save Sansa, but despite his levelling-up he kills himself with overexertion (startrekheadwobble.gif) diverting Drogon away
— Arya meets Dany out where Bran's RC'd them to and tries to kill her but fails and dies
— Idiot Jon arrives and Drogon won't burn him
— Idiot Jon kills Dany but then somehow dies himself, because Idiot
— Sansa remains Lady of Winterfell
— If Idiot Jon's still alive he turns down the Iron Throne
— Either Gendry full-circles the series by becoming a Baratheon king after the slaying of the Mad Queen, or Tyrion takes it with Davos as his Hand (Bronn's dying from the pox at Highgarden)

I can't believe there's only one episode left... this has been, by far, my favourite telly experience ever... 

roll on Amazon's second age Middle Earth programme!

• Upvote 1

Someone's already said this bit the predication that

Spoiler

A Lannister kills a mad Targaryen ruler, a Baratheon gets the throne and a Stark rules on winterfell would be very tidy.

if where doing E6 theory mine on how it will end is

Spoiler

as above post -  either  Danny will try and attack Winterfell - so expect someone like Breanne to snuff it (or pod)

Or 

she brings a Jon in chains to Winterfell to execute him in front of the lords of the north to cement her power / fear on them.  But Drogon will kill Danny, after she tried to have him kill Jon.  But with Jon being the Male Targaryen the dragon side more with him and since she cant burn - its chomp chomp dinner time for Drogon

Bran DOES NOTHING - so no change in his character there - he just sits there in his chair spaced out

its is decided to do away with a single ruler due to all the crap that has come before and instead the Seven kingdoms to be governed by representatives of all the various lands of Westeros. (With Sansa representing the north, Tyrion the Lannister's lands, Sam  the tally's lands etc... )

A Shot  of Gendry in a boat just rowing towards storms end (but going really slowly)

Final scenes will be Jon at Winterfell saying good bye to everyone who is still alive - before flying away north of the wall on Drogon - as he knows while a dragon and targaryen remains in the south they will instil fear rather than peace and Harmony after every thing that has happened  - final shot shot Jon and drogon flying right at the camera - fade to black

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, abc said:
  Hide contents

• Jaimie lying on the ground dying, then being stabbed again when he went for the sword (a moment that was very old-school GoT), to not only then kill his assailant, but getting up and running around for ages, looking only slightly uncomfortable; this was as much of the antithesis of the early years as it gets 
  • And of course Cleganbowl (the Hound is consumed by his desire for revenge, and they both go down together - a very Hollywood off-the-shelf "deep", moment); pretty any other outcome would've been more interesting

Yeah, I was hoping to...

applaud Jaime's death as a quality throwback, just letting him live long enough to say a couple of lines to a passing Cersei or whatever, but I reserved praise in fear of what happened. It was right there for them! I can believe that his death wouldn't have been immediate, but there's no way he was moving after that!

Ditto the Hound suddenly overcoming his fear of fire, because — y'know — he hates his brother more. It's not like when Beric looked set to kill him with the flame equivalent of a garden wastebin. And the Mountain really shouldn't have been able to do anything after being stabbed in the head, because WWs aside, that level of zombie's unprecedented and just plain silly.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Eighthours said:

John did, however:

Hide contents

Get burned in season 1 when tussling with the Wight in Castle Black, right?

So I dunno about that. Would be an awesome moment, but contradicting previous events.

I think we're passed them caring about contradicting things now.

they have started filming the prequel series in Belfast according to media reports.  I was down beside the Titanic Studios at the weekend and there did seem to be a lot activity there 

a guy who I work with who lives up in the glens of Antrim says they have  been   building a big village set for it,a couple of fields away from his house (up there everything is a couple of fields away - countryfolk talk)

1 hour ago, SpagMasterSwift said:
  Hide contents

The hound brought the humanity back into the mountain, which led him to destroy his Dr Frankenstien maester. The hound saved him.

Spoiler

I preferred the idea that Qyburn was never really in control of him all along. Everything they had The Mountain do (rape, murder) appealed to his basest instincts when he was fully alive.

5 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Jane Goldman isn’t it?

If thats the case, Series one will be novel, fresh, exciting and wildly entertaining. Series two will be a massive disappointment.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DeciderVT said:

Hide contents

I preferred the idea that Qyburn was never really in control of him all along. Everything they had The Mountain do (rape, murder) appealed to his basest instincts when he was fully alive.

that's what I took from it... 

1 hour ago, El Pibe said:

I'm starting to worry that Syrio Forel isn't coming back. 

Oh shit, that just reminded me that last night I dreamt I was watching GoT, where there was a scene in which Arya was about to be killed, but Syrio jumped in at the last second, said "not today," and saved her. Then Arya looked directly to camera and "hey everybody, Syrio's back!" and the audience whooped and cheered.

That pretty much sums up my feelings on what GoT has become.

• Upvote 5

29 minutes ago, AI1 said:

Who's writing the prequel series? Because if it's these two schmucks then fack reet orrrff.

Jeremy Kyle has a bit of spare time on his hands, he could turn his daytime TV wizardry to the family problems in GoT. 

3 hours ago, Azrael said:

I hope:

Hide contents

Dany gets Drogon to set Jon on fire which he does. But Jon has now developed fire proof powers since returning from the dead so survives. In doing so Drogon realises who the real boss is and bites off Dany's head. Then Jon and Drogon fly north to live with Ghost at Castle Black. And Davos becomes king because why not. Fuck it  

Yeah, this.

1 hour ago, PeteBrant said:

Thats the spirit.

It just amuses me when people get hung about small pratical things, like, the strength of plate armour, whilst at the same time, allowing beleif to be suspended to cater for dragons and zombies.

People keep saying stuff like this but it's usually bollocks, and not how believable writing tends to work: in any story, not just fantasy ones, you have to be as watertight as possible with the smaller lies to be able to sell the bigger ones. If nothing else, it's more about internal consistency.

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, sandman said:

That was a fantastic episode - loved everything about it

Me too. Logical progression for the Dany story.

• Upvote 1