Daley

Game of Thrones - No Book Chat. NONE. The Books don't exist.

7 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Some thoughts (not Star Wars related) 

Hide contents

Why were Edd Squad and Team Tormund so surprised to see each other. Didn't they know the other gang were there? Why were they all there anyway? That burning, screaming kid was like something out of The Thing.

they were in Last Hearth, which is where that kid comes from. I think they both made their way their from the wall in separate groups after it fell, probably looking for shelter, food, reinforcements. From the new opening it looks like the closest thing to a town near the wall.

Why did Sam apparently land in the crypts instead of just walking in? 

he's a comedy fat idiot, probably slipped on ravenshite

Can't wait to see The Hound with his new Stormbreaker, planting it in Mountainstein's vast chest.

hopefully he'll cut a skeleton horse's head off in a comedy throwback to season 1

• Upvote 2

Re Sam,

Spoiler

Was it just me who didn't see why he was upset over his dad dying when he was such a massive twat? His brother I get, but when Dany told him about his dad and he was crying, I half expected him to suddenly hug her out of joy at ridding him of the old bastard.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

I'm enjoying Arya creeping about. I have the feeling she's going to be vital to the ending in some sneaky way.

Sam stole the show in this episode. But:

Hide contents

If we run on the theory there's nothing wasted, plot wise now, the fact that he was told that Daenerys killed his family before he told Jon that she's not actually queen isn't an accident

Yeah I thought that was pretty good writing, giving him motivation to lie even if he's telling the truth. Nobody is ever allowed to just have an honest conversation in game of thrones :lol: 

Jorah's 'oh you stupid bitch' face was hilarious.

5 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Re Sam,

Reveal hidden contents

Was it just me who didn't see why he was upset over his dad dying when he was such a massive twat? His brother I get, but when Dany told him about his dad and he was crying, I half expected him to suddenly hug her out of joy at ridding him of the old bastard.

Spoiler

History is littered with examples of people who've got an emotional attachment to shit family members. It was Dickon's death that really cut him up though.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Baring said:

Will Bran even remember Jaime pushing him? 

He might. But Jaime’s Reaction at the end should have been why is that middle-aged woman giving me the stink eye?

• Upvote 8

On 15/04/2019 at 11:35, The Eagle Lord said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Anyone care to have a guess as to what the whole many armed kid-corpse on the door was all about?

in the first season when they went on the ranging north of the wall they found body parts in the same pattern and they commented on it always being the same pattern. then in  season 7 we get the flashback of the children of the forest creating the night king, and when it zooms out, the obelisks/stones around the tree he was tied to were laid out in that pattern

• Upvote 7

Didn't really buy into Jon's reaction to being told about his real identity. I know he trusts Sam, but you'd think if you've just been told your entire upbringing and parentage was a lie, you'd have a bit more trouble accepting it than that.

I didn't mind the dragon riding scene as a cooldown from the breakneck pace they've been going at in the latter seasons, but devoting more time to it than the Jon/Sam scene seems like a very weird choice.

It'll be interesting to see how the Northerners respond. They may have begrudgingly accepted Jon giving away their autonomy when they thought he was Ned Stark's son, but might not be quite so understanding when they find out he's actually a Targaryen.

44 minutes ago, sir podger said:

Hide contents

in the first season when they went on the ranging north of the wall they found body parts in the same patter and they commented on it always being the same pattern. then in  season 7 we get the flashback of the children of the forest creating the night king, and when it zooms out, the obelisks/stones around the tree he was tied to were laid out in that pattern

Reveal hidden contents

Not quite always the same

6enxcou07k6z.jpg

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Harsin said:

My main takeaway from the dragon flying scene, is that someone really ought to introduce the chosen ones to the concept of saddles.

Pity the poor dothraki bloke who has to try and measure them up and then put the damn things on.

Also pity the poor dothrki guys who's job it is to apparently follow them around counting how many sheep they eat :lol: 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, The Fox said:

Didn't really buy into Jon's reaction to being told about his real identity. I know he trusts Sam, but you'd think if you've just been told your entire upbringing and parentage was a lie, you'd have a bit more trouble accepting it than that.

I didn't mind the dragon riding scene as a cooldown from the breakneck pace they've been going at in the latter seasons, but devoting more time to it than the Jon/Sam scene seems like a very weird choice.

It'll be interesting to see how the Northerners respond. They may have begrudgingly accepted Jon giving away their autonomy when they thought he was Ned Stark's son, but might not be quite so understanding when they find out he's actually a Targaryen.

I think it was the "Ned Stark was honourable.... Ooooooohhhhh" that sold sold it. 

Am I the only one thinking its a bit weird they are ignoring their super powered cripple? Like shouldn't people be asking them if they all going to die? Or where the Night King is now? Etc. 

37 minutes ago, Harsin said:

My main takeaway from the dragon flying scene, is that someone really ought to introduce the chosen ones to the concept of saddles.

I thought that this morning but quickly decided it makes them look tamed / enslaved and I cant see her going with that

8 minutes ago, kensei said:

I think it was the "Ned Stark was honourable.... Ooooooohhhhh" that sold sold it. 

Am I the only one thinking its a bit weird they are ignoring their super powered cripple? Like shouldn't people be asking them if they all going to die? Or where the Night King is now? Etc. 

It was annoyingly inconsistent - he knew where the Night King was, but couldn’t tell anyone they’d been betrayed by the Lannisters owing to lack of army (especially odd since he knew where Jamie was)

oh yeah I totally forgot about her monster baby with aquaman and the witch woman and all that shit. 8 YEARS AGO!

Since he can't really get with Dany or Sansa now I think Jon might end up with Cersi. 

Just now, Naieve said:

oh yeah I totally forgot about her monster baby with aquaman and the witch woman and all that shit. 8 YEARS AGO!

that’s why she’s supposedly infertile, but there’s a scene near end of S7 with Jon Snow which suggests they’ll be revisiting that...

31 minutes ago, kensei said:

Honestly I think everyone is freaked the fuck out by Bran, and nobody wants to ask a question for fear of what else he might tell them. 

Since he can't really get with Dany or Sansa now I think Jon might end up with Cersi.

Jon stands over the body of the Night King and finally works up the courage to tell the assembled legions that he's in love with Sam while the music swells. Lynched from the Weirwood tree by the Alliance of Bluff Northerners 5 minutes later.

• Upvote 1