Marlowe

Netflix Recommendations - See OT for other thread

Regarding Hold The Dark - 

Call it No Country for Cold Men. Jeremy Saulnier’s Hold the Dark is a chilly, unsettling a film loaded with death and dread. Like a Cormac McCarthy novel spliced with Joe Carnahan’s The Grey, Hold the Dark is a story about quiet people engaged in terrible, violent deeds while pushing up against the harsh elements. It’s one of the most unpleasant films you’ll see all year. It’s also a must-see.

1 hour ago, Nathan Wind said:

Killing Gunther.

It's ace.  Dunno what's up with the miserable bastards that reviewed it so poorly.  Good old fashioned trashy B-movie fun, that's not pretending to be anything else.

Must admit I turned it off. Came close with Popstar, another SNL related effort, cos there was enough craziness to pull you along, but TBH there’s been so many great hit man movies this one just did nothing for me 

2 hours ago, Goose said:

Call it No Country for Cold Men. Jeremy Saulnier’s Hold the Dark is a chilly, unsettling a film loaded with death and dread. Like a Cormac McCarthy novel spliced with Joe Carnahan’s The Grey, Hold the Dark is a story about quiet people engaged in terrible, violent deeds while pushing up against the harsh elements. It’s one of the most unpleasant films you’ll see all year. It’s also a must-see.

Thought this out to the general public and you had seen it, then realised I had read that paragraph from somewhere and noticed it was in italics.

That quote is from Slash Film's review from the premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival.

Can't wait to see it, when released on the 28th :)

3 hours ago, Goose said:

Well I just came

• Downvote 1

Can I ask for recommendations in this thread? We’re looking for some shows to watch with the kids who are aged 4 and 8. We’ve watched all the baking shows (Bake Off, Nailed It, etc), several Attenborough shows. There just doesn’t seem to be much scripted family friendly stuff. Is Lost In Space decent?

1 hour ago, ckny said:

Can I ask for recommendations in this thread? We’re looking for some shows to watch with the kids who are aged 4 and 8. We’ve watched all the baking shows (Bake Off, Nailed It, etc), several Attenborough shows. There just doesn’t seem to be much scripted family friendly stuff. Is Lost In Space decent?

What about the Lemony Snickers Unfortunate Events series? Think there are 2 series of it. 

• Upvote 1