rllmuk
Wiper

The terrifying, never-ending (old) Star Trek thread - new movies and Discovery talk in the other, dedicated threads

Heh, the first time I felt that was when I got my first Kindle. It reminded me a lot of the datapads in Star Trek. :)

Just finished S2 of Enterprise. A strong final run of episodes there. 

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

Heh, the first time I felt that was when I got my first Kindle. It reminded me a lot of the datapads in Star Trek. :)

Just finished S2 of Enterprise. A strong final run of episodes there. 

Series 3 and 4 are noticbly better as well. Manny cotto was brough on as show runner and did a much better job.

• Upvote 1

I'm still on Season 1 but it's actually been pretty good. In some ways it's better than Voyager...

Yep, the whole expanse thing in Season 3 is great

Spoiler

The way the ship gets gradually beat up over the season is great, contrast with Voyager which looks like its been visiting a Starfleet space dock every week.

I am glad this series is getting some love on here, so underrated.

I restarted my TNG rewatch, towards the end of Series 4 and the Drumhead. Such a great episode with Picard dealing with another dick Admiral who thinks there is some kind of conspiracy on the Enterpirse D. His speech in the end is awesome.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Benny said:

I'm still on Season 1 but it's actually been pretty good. In some ways it's better than Voyager...

I can't argue with this. First four episodes aside, I fucking loved all of S1 of Enterprise. S2 also has a rockyish start, but then is fairly consistent and with, as I said above, a strong run toward the end.

All the cast are great, Bakula makes for a great Captain in Archer, he's really surprised me. But, and I think this is universal, Trip is my favourite character. He's awesome. 

• Upvote 1

Finished season one of ToS. Surprisingly decent, considering its age. The last episode was quite strange though, as the alien cell like creatures tended to make noises as if they had a case of extreme flatulence whenever they seemed to move  :lol:

Anyway, on to season 2.

I’m back in Deep Space Nine after hitting some TNG highlights.  I swear I know the script of Way of the Warrior by heart :wub: 

• Upvote 5

Enterprise - Sleeping Dogs: pretty decent Klingon episode rounded off by an entirely gratuitous scene of half the cast sitting around in the sauna in their pants. Marvellous. 

• Upvote 1

I just watched Voyager episode nemesis which I really liked and had the great line at the end; "I wish it were as easy to stop hating as it was to start". 

Also had that nice thing that they don't really do enough (like in darmok) where the alien planet's inhabitants speak English but in a slightly weird way. Good bit of trek with some 'Nam type nods.

Although I was a bit disappointed the aliens looked exactly like nausiccans but apparently weren't. And that none of them said "PLAY DAMJAT, HUMAN"

I realise my spelling of a few things was probably wrong but hey ho.

Extinction from S3 of Enterprise. This is a stinker. 

Skipped. I can't recall much of the first four episodes of S1, but everything in that and S2 is better than this daft pile of shit. 

Yeah it was bad. Apparently LeVar Burton (director) was ashamed of it. :(

• Upvote 1

Glad it wasn't just me. 

Listened to this remix a couple of times now. The original title track is much better. 

Just finished watching "Eye of the Needle" on Voyager and I find myself enjoying the series more the second time around. The temporal displacement angle could be guessed quite easily but I liked it overall, and the scenes between Kes and the Doctor were sweet.

Jury's still out on Janeway but I'm liking Mulgrew more as a captain too. Being isolated by the chain of command wasn't really something I'd given much thought to before, even though we see it in characters like Picard.

• Upvote 1

Onto Season 2 of Enterprise now. The most remarkable thing about it so far is how effortlessly it isn't Discovery.

The casual sexism in some episodes is a bit off though. I suspect they were trying to be more "sexy" than previous Trek but it comes across as crass these days. TNG was definitely ahead of things at times with this stuff, as you'd never have crew making suggestive comments about their colleagues in the same way.

The TNG way is to be polite and respectful to your colleagues in person and then pop down to the holodeck when your shift ends and smash a digital simulacrum of them 8 ways from Sunday,

spacer.png

spacer.png

That Geordie episode was creepy as fuck. I like that DS9 acknowledged that most people would use the holodeck for sex. 

Oh shit I forgot about that episode. I take it all back - ban the sick filth.

In Enterprise news, Malcolm is such a stick in the mud.

You know, I wasnt all that enamoured with this Expanse plot in S3 to begun with. It's a military operation; I preferred the exploration of the first two seasons. However, it's got into a groove now, and some of the episodes have been excellent, genuinely excellent.

That said, it's now in the wild West... Er... 

Heh, that actually wasn't bad. Far better than A Fistful of Datas... ;)

Now that was an excellent episode. Brilliant moral dilemma. 

Loved the S2 repair station ep that was 

Spoiler

actually a zombie station. That eats Braaaaaaains.

But this One Night in Sickbay episode is fucking terrible.

Malcolm is such a fucking klutz

Spoiler

Leaving tech behind so they have to go back and then effectively most likely triggering a new arms race when they pretend to be genetically modified soldiers after being captured. Wtf.

21 hours ago, Benny said:

Loved the S2 repair station ep that was 

Reveal hidden contents

actually a zombie station. That eats Braaaaaaains.

That's my favourite episode of Enterprise. Not sure why as it's not a particularly innovative plot or anything. I just really enjoyed the delivery of it. Reminded me of a the Red Dwarf episode Legion.