Rllmuk racing wheel thread

TommyG

14 hours ago, Corranga said:

But if you do think about it (and want PC only)

479.95 - CSL DD wheel base with boost kit (bundle, 20 EUR discount) 479.95

79.95 - CSL Pedals 

99.95 - CSL P1 wheel black Friday edition (round rim, rubber)

119.95 - CSL Load Cell (Black Friday sale)

----

779.8 EUR (plus shipping) compared to the 969.95 of the Playstation one with an uglier wheel.  You can add 100 and make it a McLaren wheel, which is lovely and you're still saving 90EUR, and it'll then work on an Xbox too (but still not a Playstation).

Obviously if you want playstation use, this is the way..

Yeah but I'm very ok with 2 pedals and the boost kit would make it too powerful for my chair (no, really).

So I'm 700.  Granted I could have it cheaper with that wheel but god help me I like the tacky one :D  I do have a PS5 and that foldable, moveable rig so actually that is a nice feature especially combined with "And never think of it again".

Does anyone have any experience with repairing Thrustmaster wheels?  I'm assuming it's the power supply that's gone in my T150.  I've seen some suggestions for other TM models that you might be able to use a laptop power supply instead, albeit with a bit or soldering and drilling.

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

Yeah but I'm very ok with 2 pedals and the boost kit would make it too powerful for my chair (no, really).

So I'm 700.  Granted I could have it cheaper with that wheel but god help me I like the tacky one :D  I do have a PS5 and that foldable, moveable rig so actually that is a nice feature especially combined with "And never think of it again".

If you are getting the PS version come and play GT with us some time on a Monday night! :eyebrows: 4 years on its still going strong.

10 minutes ago, mexos said:

If you are getting the PS version come and play GT with us some time on a Monday night! :eyebrows: 4 years on its still going strong.

Hang on just one darn minute here, Mexos! The ACC PC lot were first in asking him to join us:quote:

4 hours ago, Corranga said:

I fear I may be coming off as a fanboy here, but I have a feeling it's simply licencing.

The blue alcantara rim you posted is F1 licenced so likely F1 had some say in the design.

The GT DD rim is (clearly, as Fanatec have pointed it out at least twice on every article) designed by Polyphony.

Here is another Playstation rim, no licencing, pure Fanatec, and I believe, the best looking variant of all the P1 rims, and there's about 6 now..

Alcantara looks nice, but leather is used where your hands sit, and blue stitching is nice, no rubber around here.  The grey centre is subtle but good looking, no silly treat marks or BMW tat etc.

image.png.642d15b39c19c103958925f57aa5ca7c.png

This is a really nice version of the P1, I think I'm going to try order the new one tomorrow for the Black Friday deals, €100 is hard to pass on but the grip doesn't look as nice as the one you have, it won't be my main rim so I don't mind compromising on it a bit but I would really love to have a brushed metal finish instead of the carbon print or tyre on the WRC edition.  

2 hours ago, EuroVapeSim2 said:

This is a really nice version of the P1, I think I'm going to try order the new one tomorrow for the Black Friday deals, €100 is hard to pass on but the grip doesn't look as nice as the one you have, it won't be my main rim so I don't mind compromising on it a bit but I would really love to have a brushed metal finish instead of the carbon print or tyre on the WRC edition.  

The brushed metal is lovely. I don't have the one I posted above as I wanted an Xbox compatible wheel, so I have what I think is the 2nd best looking variety (also a photo nabbed from google):

image.png.7e50a7a2997000e2bada69004a59a192.png

I'd much rather have leather grips than full alcantara though!

If you're PC only, the 100EUR Black Friday rim seems a great deal, especially as it uses the new quick release lite rather than the slightly awkward bolt on thing that @Meers was talking about a few pages back.  Actually, I think he has the older/original P1 with the same textured rubber like material as the one that goes live tomorrow, perhaps he can tell you what it's like..

7 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Kinda ok with this tbh, although it could be phrased better. It's not like they're not up front about when the rest of us get them.

I can't decide.  On the one hand, 150 EUR extra for the same thing seems a bit of a premium.  On the other hand, I guess it means that more of them will land in the hands of actual players and not eBay scalpers (or will it just push the scalpers price up, hmm).

In my (limited) experience their product shipping estimations are usually pretty decent too, so if they say March, it'll most probably be there or there abouts.

10 hours ago, Corranga said:

Has been out for a couple of years now I think, and has never been available as a standalone wheel base.  I wonder if Sony simply won't allow it or something.

oh that's interesting.

was going to wait for the base on it's own but if that may never happen, i might get a pack now and get an xbox wheel for it later on - anyone know if they confirmed the new playstation base will work on xbox (if you have an xbox wheel for it)?

edit, these people think it will work, not sure how official that info is mind:

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/24316/gt-dd-pro-wheelbase-compatibility-with-xbox

12 hours ago, Corranga said:

If you're PC only, the 100EUR Black Friday rim seems a great deal, especially as it uses the new quick release lite rather than the slightly awkward bolt on thing that @Meers was talking about a few pages back.  Actually, I think he has the older/original P1 with the same textured rubber like material as the one that goes live tomorrow, perhaps he can tell you what it's like. 

Yeah I've got the original P1 rim for Xbox one that came with the CSL elite when it was released. It's a good rim, nice and heavy so it handles with ease. The grip material is completely made of rubber but it  doesn't feel cheap at all. 

The quick release is a sort of watch wristband type clip that you click shut, and fasten with a bolt accordingly. Not quick at all.

The new clamp I ordered for it is in and it fits brilliantly, I'll post pics later. 

41 minutes ago, mexos said:

Pre orders are live - use fanatec.com not the launch site. 

Got the premium pack with boost kit and load cell.

Website was super slow...

In case it's not obvious, the price reduction when you logged in was them removing the tax.  You'll get a VAT bill from DHL when it ships, which will basically bring it back up to the displayed price on the Fanatec website prior to the basket reduction, plus a tenner that DHL take for the privilege.  Compared to pre-Brexit, the tenner is the only difference in what you'll pay, but do expect a bill in March from DHL.

6 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

I really like the new DD Pro rim (lots of buttons and dials 😍), but why the goddamn bollocks can't you order one without pedals?!  I already have pedals, let me just order the base and rim!!

ha I think Mexos might have a DD Pro Rim for sale on March 22nd...

Given the Xbox news have pre-ordered a GT pack,  Gonna be nice to be able to do FM8 and GT7 in front of the big TV but also have a PC VR wheel all on the same foldy rig.

1 hour ago, Corranga said:

Website was super slow...

In case it's not obvious, the price reduction when you logged in was them removing the tax.  You'll get a VAT bill from DHL when it ships, which will basically bring it back up to the displayed price on the Fanatec website prior to the basket reduction, plus a tenner that DHL take for the privilege.  Compared to pre-Brexit, the tenner is the only difference in what you'll pay, but do expect a bill in March from DHL.

It wasn't but that makes sense. I was expecting to be paying more for shipping and to have actual duty so that's pretty good. The whole thing is going to be barely £600 all in which is twice what Logitech charge for their new belt ones, can't argue with that at all.

54 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Given the Xbox news have pre-ordered a GT pack,  Gonna be nice to be able to do FM8 and GT7 in front of the big TV but also have a PC VR wheel all on the same foldy rig.

It wasn't but that makes sense. I was expecting to be paying more for shipping and to have actual duty so that's pretty good. The whole thing is going to be barely £600 all in which is twice what Logitech charge for their new belt ones, can't argue with that at all.

Thrustmaster T-GT and TGT2 2 are about the same price so it’s fair. 
 Well it’s £600 but you know what I mean..