choddo

Kindle shop Recommendations

Never read any of his stuff but there's a load of Terry Goodkind books up for sale today.

The other daily deal includes Aldous Huxley's Doors of Perception, and a book I hadn't heard of before, which is Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore - I picked it up as the premise sounds interesting.

All here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kindle-Daily-Deals/b?ie=UTF8&node=5400977031

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

Never read any of his stuff but there's a load of Terry Goodkind books up for sale today.

The other daily deal includes Aldous Huxley's Doors of Perception, and a book I hadn't heard of before, which is Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore - I picked it up as the premise sounds interesting.

All here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kindle-Daily-Deals/b?ie=UTF8&node=5400977031

Just about to post about Goodkind. Never read any of his books either, but I thought for 99p, it'd be rude not to give him a go.

22 minutes ago, milko said:

All of Spike Milligan's war diary books are 99p today.

I’ve read all of these, and they are brilliant.

Kindle 12 days of Xmas is up now. Some decent bargains to be had. 

Borne by Jeff VanderMeer - down to 99p. By the writer of Annihilation et al. 

Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman - down to £1.29

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman - down to £1.99. A few people on here talked this up. 

Pillars of Earth by Ken Follett. 99p Not my cup of tea, but may be some on here who've enjoyed the game.

Dogs of War by Adrian Tchaikovsky - 99p. Winner of the Arthur C Clarke Award.  

In your Defence by Sarah Langford - £1.99. Insight into life as a barrister

The Wandering Earth by Cixin Liu.  - 99p. From the author of the Three Body Problem. Short story collection. 

Science(ish) - The Peculiar Science behind the movies - 99p. Lightweight frippery,

• Upvote 4

damnit I have half that list already. That Eleanor Oliphant is good, is it?  The title makes me want to lump it in with chick-lit or something, all judging it by the cover and that.

22 minutes ago, milko said:

damnit I have half that list already. That Eleanor Oliphant is good, is it?  The title makes me want to lump it in with chick-lit or something, all judging it by the cover and that.

I had a similar reaction to the title/cover, but really enjoyed it - would recommend.