Playstation Vita

On 22/08/2016 at 17:39, churchhawk said:

PMd

Thanks, alas it still doesn't work :-(

If I try to update to 3.60 through safe mode, I get error C0-1013904.

If I try via system settings in normal mode (flight mode on) I get error C3-10698-4.

I'm on win10 x64 using qcma 0.3.1.2. Uninstalling qcma drivers changed nothing. If I try to update in normal mode, I get a message on the PC saying that the vita has been disconnected. It then reconnects once the error pops up on the vita.

Also, if I try to refresh database, it says that no vita has been registered.

I have no idea what to do except maybe reformat and lose my saves :-/

EDIT: got it to work:

1) formatted mem card, deleted everything

2) restored in safe mode

3) set vita region to US (and edited xml likewise)

4) connected to my SEN to register

5) tried update in safe mode - it worked

thus: i have lost all my saves and digi games but the sodding thing now works. not sure it was worth it :-)

Edited by jaromil
got it

The inevitable has happened and with 3.60 and Henkaku you can now decrypt and play bootlegs of retail Vita games, straight off the memory card.

Piracy has come to the Vita. It was never that far off considering all the emulators and homebrew appearing over the past month or so.

Pretty much everything that I would consider pirating has come to PSPlus or been massively reduced in a sale over the last few years anyway. Hopefully supporting the argument for Netflix - make it affordable and easy enough to purchase and the case for piracy disappears.

15 minutes ago, Isaac said:

The inevitable has happened and with 3.60 and Henkaku you can now decrypt and play bootlegs of retail Vita games, straight off the memory card.

Piracy has come to the Vita. It was never that far off considering all the emulators and homebrew appearing over the past month or so.

I don't particularly care about piracy but does this mean we can get English patches for Japanese games?

13 minutes ago, BossSaru said:

Pretty much everything that I would consider pirating has come to PSPlus or been massively reduced in a sale over the last few years anyway. Hopefully supporting the argument for Netflix - make it affordable and easy enough to purchase and the case for piracy disappears.

Yeah, very much this! It was useful in the PSP days so you could fit lots of games on one memory card with no UMD loading. I wonder if it'll allow you to play any PSP game on the Vita though? I'm thinking Outrun 2 especially.

21 minutes ago, BossSaru said:

Yeah, there is literally nothing I want to play on Vita that I don't already own or can't otherwise pla

11 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Yeah, very much this! It was useful in the PSP days so you could fit lots of games on one memory card with no UMD loading. I wonder if it'll allow you to play any PSP game on the Vita though? I'm thinking Outrun 2 especially.

OMFG PSP OutRun 2 Coast 2 Coast! Where's the Henkaku guide!

8 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Does that mean we could at some point be able to play fan translations of the PSP Yakuza games on the Vita? That would be great

the psp emulator inside the vita hasn't been compromised on 3.60 yet, so no joy there as of now

Just had God Eater 2: Rage Burst drop through my letterbox. Forgot I'd ordered it ages ago. Turns out all pre-orders have a digital copy of God Eater 1: Resurrection which is cross buy and cross save on both Vita and PS4. 

6 hours ago, stefcha said:

Yeah, there is literally nothing I want to play on Vita that I don't already own or can't otherwise pla

OMFG PSP OutRun 2 Coast 2 Coast! Where's the Henkaku guide!

You could try the MAME emulator in RetroArch in order to get the original OutRun going on your Vita....?

1 hour ago, strider said:

Attack of Titan is digital only over here apparently. I'm tempted to get the Asian version as I love physical games.

Harsh, yeah I think I'm gonna get the Asian too. Not sure about the LE tho. Doesn't look great.

12 minutes ago, David Kenny said:

Yeah it's really good, and quite disturbing in places. Not quite in the same league as Virtue's Last Reward, but then what is?

Yeah it feels a little less special due to the lack of branching lines, but I'm still really enjoying it. It shits over the trials found in Phoenix Wright for me too, which is a nice bonus.

11 hours ago, strider said:

Been playing dangonronpa. What an excellent little game. That crazy ass bear in genuinely one of the creepiest villains I've seen in a game for ages. It's obviously a little old now but highly recommended.

pupupupupupupu

20 minutes ago, David Kenny said:

Yeah it's really good, and quite disturbing in places. Not quite in the same league as Virtue's Last Reward, but then what is?

Even though it's the same developer, I don't think you can compare other than maybe saying 'it's a crossover between VLR and Phoenix Wright'?

I'm glad Danganronpa exists, it's different enough that you can get a different kind of enjoyment from the whodunnit genre. Can't wait for V3.

Just completed Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. Really, really enjoyed it and there were plenty of twists and turns in the final couple of chapters.
I really want to jump into the second, but my brain is still aching, so I'm going to play Lego Jurassic World instead :)

8 minutes ago, SMD said:

If you do school mode you can unlock more titbits about all the characters.

And, uhh, get their underwear...

Yeah I did like the look of that, but I've bought about 30 Vita games in the last couple of weeks and need to start working my way through them. It's all Gmass's fault for clearing out his collection :P