Mad Max "Shiny & Chrome"

Boozy The Clown

This looks excellent and simply being able to re-create elements of the movie has me looking forward to getting into it. It is out the same day as The Phantom Pain though and that is another epic open world set-up.

The convoy stuff looked nice but I would be more interested in a game mode that was the reverse of the scenario in that video. Something where you are either driving a big rig or trying to protect it from a load of attackers, just like the finales of Mad Max 2 and 3 or the entirety of Fury Road.

September's going to be a decent month with this and MGSV :) Only reason I preordered the PC version, despite being a Warner Bros. published game is that it's very cheap and Avalanche are doing the port themselves (their games on PC have always been damn solid)

This footage sold me:

Clips from that footage:

It certainly looks the part.

I don't think the gameplay will be to my taste (those icon covered maps remind me of all that Dark Souls has shown me to be wrong in contemporary gaming) but at £13 or so it has to be worth a punt..

EDIT: I'd not watched the combat sequence when I typed that. I'm no longer interested....

I have distinct lack of faith when it comes to anything Warner Brothers these days. The car sections look great (I wish someone would remake Interstate '77 :) ), but the hand to hand combat looks really sluggish.

And whilst £13 is peanuts for the PC version, I'm gonna wait until the reviews come in I think.

Hand to hand looks serviceable, which is about as much as I was expecting. For me it's all about the car combat. I think it was the IGN play through that showcased this really well, as the player went after a high level convoy and started a roaming battle that lasted for about ten minutes - with another raiding party stumbling across them halfway through.

Also loved the news that every vehicle is driveable. So if you manage to take down an enemy driver by yanking him out with the harpoon, his car is up for grabs.

Also loved the news that every vehicle is driveable. So if you manage to take down an enemy driver by yanking him out with the harpoon, his car is up for grabs.

Also others in that cars faction won't notice you till you're up close which leads to some really satisfying 'Trojan Horse' style gameplay against convoys/raiders/camps

Also others in that cars faction won't notice you till you're up close which leads to some really satisfying 'Trojan Horse' style gameplay against convoys/raiders/camps

Oooh, didn't know that.

Does make me wonder what happens to your original car if you just leave it there, though. Maybe it gets whisked to the nearest friendly outpost or stands the risk of being pilfered.

Can always press right on the dpad (seen as using a flare gun in the playthroughs) and Chum will bring the car to you

Ah, nice.

Hopefully implimented in as amusing a fashion as Red Dead Redemption, when you summoned your horse and it belly-flopped off a nearby cliff to splat at your feet.

I have distinct lack of faith when it comes to anything Warner Brothers these days. The car sections look great (I wish someone would remake Interstate '77 :) ), but the hand to hand combat looks really sluggish.

And whilst £13 is peanuts for the PC version, I'm gonna wait until the reviews come in I think.

I was thinking the same thing- that it looks nice, but it reminds me how desperately I want a modern open-world style remake of Interstate '76.

Looks like this game is destined to be damned with faint praise and picked apart by petty critique in an effort to justify MGSV purchases in the wake of microtransaction / hideo drama.

It's kinda sad. It's also worth noting that the Mad Max release date was announced before MGSV as I see a lot of blame being placed on WB for being stupid in launching on the same day.

Yeah I think he's more meaning that the last 2 big releases on PC (Batman and Mortal Kombat) have been truly awful ports farmed out to the lowest bidding shitport companies. Batman's still waiting a patch to fix the performance 3 month and even at that it's an "interim" patch so probably won't fix all the issues it has.