rllmuk
Halo

GOG.com

Galaxy 2.0 is very nice - shame it doesn't also connect to the Oculus store as well, though most of my stuff there is Oculus exclusive anyway.

Also, the Xbox section only seems to include Xbox One games that I've grabbed at least once - stuff like The Witcher 3 which I own but haven't yet installed is absent. This applies also to Game Pass and EA Access stuff - plenty of games there, but only if I've already played them. No Xbox 360 games at all, even those backwardly compatible.

4 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

Galaxy 2.0 is very nice - shame it doesn't also connect to the Oculus store as well, though most of my stuff there is Oculus exclusive anyway.

Also, the Xbox section only seems to include Xbox One games that I've grabbed at least once - stuff like The Witcher 3 which I own but haven't yet installed is absent. This applies also to Game Pass and EA Access stuff - plenty of games there, but only if I've already played them. No Xbox 360 games at all, even those backwardly compatible.

The integration with other services is limited by what those platform owners will allow. GOG 2 is certainly better than anything else I've used but it is a shame that more cannot be done.

Yeah, it's just a little hitch considering how well it picks up from all the other platforms I have - Epic, Origin, Uplay, PS, Steam and GOG itself are all fully represented as far as I can tell. A handy place now to check if I actually own a game on a platform before I try to take advantage of another sale.

1 hour ago, Unofficial Who said:

Blade Runner is now available to buy on GoG.

Not a drill, I'm downloading now.

Thought they would have made a bigger deal about this given its one the most requested games to be on there! 

Never mind of to buy it now. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Unofficial Who said:

Blade Runner is now available to buy on GoG.

Not a drill, I'm downloading now.

The Westwood point-n-click adventure with multiple endings?

• Upvote 1

I just wanted to pop in here to flag up how fucking good GOG Galaxy 2.0 is. It's still a little buggy to be sure, but having easy access to all of my games across all of the storefronts I use* is genuinely a huge boon. It's been interesting to see where I have duplicates across storefronts, but mainly it's just been great being able to browse all of my games without jumping from one store to another.

Did you know I own Far Cry 5? I certainly had no fucking idea, but there it is on uPlay, with 0 minutes played. Maybe I got it free with some hardware purchase somewhere. Whatever the case, I'm going to try it now! I mean, I'm sure I'll find it incredibly tedious and nothing more than a rehash of the last two Far Cry games, but without GOG Galaxy I would probably never have had the opportunity to experience just how much I'll dislike the game. Thanks, GOG Galaxy :wub:

*notable exception: itch.io. Here's hoping a plugin gets added soon!

• Upvote 5

47 minutes ago, Wiper said:

I just wanted to pop in here to flag up how fucking good GOG Galaxy 2.0 is.

It's fantastic! Leisurely browsing ALL the games, seeing how many bloody duplicates I have without realizing it, seeing who is online on whatever. Brilliant.

47 minutes ago, Wiper said:

I mean, I'm sure I'll find it incredibly tedious and nothing more than a rehash of the last two Far Cry games, but without GOG Galaxy I would probably never have had the opportunity to experience just how much I'll dislike the game. Thanks, GOG Galaxy :wub:

It's exactly that! It's so tedious. Have fun finding out for yourself :)

Edit: ah, I remember enjoying Far Cry 3 a lot right up until the halfway point when they ditched the interesting villain in favour of shitty and uninteresting one. The game had been incredibly repetitive so I stopped playing right then, but at the time I thought it was great fun nonetheless and had a lot of potential if they could expand and build on the good ideas in 3. Instead they decided to keep reskinning 3.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, simms said:

There’s a thread on Neogaf of someone getting GOG to show Retroarch games

The API is public so there are quite a few community integrations available. I haven't spent a lot of time trying but I haven't been able to get the twitch games integration working yet

• Upvote 1

Yes I was thinking it would be great to get my twitch games to show.  Do you think it will be possible eventually?

20 minutes ago, simms said:

Yes I was thinking it would be great to get my twitch games to show.  Do you think it will be possible eventually?

It is possible now, I just haven't had access to the time/skills required to get mine working.

The plugin is here:

https://github.com/nyash-qq/galaxy-plugin-twitch/releases/latest

I've downloaded the plugin, extracted the zip, put it in the folder that I think it should be in, restarted GOG, searched for plugins and nothing is happening. Maybe I tried the wrong folder as my path:

GOG Galaxy\plugins

Is very different to the one on the readme:

GOG.com\Galaxy\plugins\installed\twitch_8b831aed-dd5f-c0c5-c843-41f9751f67a2

There must be a 2nd location for the app data, somewhere on my windows drive.

EDIT: found the location in my user profile but still not working.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dudley said:

If it can install twitch games without the shitty, shitty twitch launcher that would be huge.

It just opens the launcher if you install through GOG so sadly not. I’ve never had any issues installing through Twitch mind.

I also had no problem adding Twitch to the API, just followed the instructions on github. I think You need to use the folder in Appdata rather than Programme files, for some reason there are two...

Yeah, most people don't.  For some of us it literally doesn't work at all.  No-one ever puts enough information to figure out why though and Amazon aren't remotely interested in trying to fix it.

Fantastic ports of Mike Singleton's Lords of Midnight and Doomdark's Revenge are up for free right now.

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/classic-strategy-rpg-the-lords-of-midnight-is-free-on-gog/

While GOG dropped the Good Old Games moniker a long time ago, it's still very much in the business of game preservation, hence why you can find the likes of Mike Singleton's 1984 classic, The Lords of Midnight. It's a piece of videogame history which, along with its sequel, you can now grab for free. 

GOG added The Lords of Midnight to its catalogue back in 2013, so maybe you've already picked it up, but if not you can snatch both of them up right now without spending a penny. 

YZTPCX63joaMDjGXx2NKy3-970-80.jpg

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

God I loved these games as a kid, Luxor feels utterly bold. He thinks again...

Added and you never know one day I might have time to revisit them, and hopefully not ruin my childhood memories 

These are excellent ports that were I understand made with Mike Singleton’s input before he passed. Originally made for phones the interface is a lot better than we had in the 8 bit days.

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

• Upvote 3