TheShend

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

LOBBY CREW ASSEMBLE

360 metatag: rllmuk3S (add it to your friends list, use it to play with friendly forumites!)

ix3of5ADXD348v4mVa9m79X6VB1fW15c.jpg

Trailer:

Official site

Screens:

06_sf3screen02.jpg

06_sf3screen01.jpg

06_sf3screen03.jpg

06_sf3screen04.jpg

06_sf3screen05.jpg

06_sf3screen06.jpg

06_sf3screen07.jpg

06_sf3screen08.jpg

06_sf3screen09.jpg

Info vid (from 10:18 onwards):

-confirms save states for combo and parry training and so much more!

Gameplay vids:

Off-screen, low quality vid

Proper footage

- SUMMER 2011 RELEASE (XBLA)

- GGPO enabled AND youtube sharing.

- optional filters, scanlines, 4:3/16:9 AND arcade cabinet view

- features a massive "Vault" system (featuring unlockables like artwork). The game will cost $14.99.

- Ranked, Player Match & Tournament online options

- 8 Player Lobby with spectator mode :omg:

- Random character select

- 100 Trials & 100 Challenges, both provide points to spend on 200 items from the Gallery Vault

- Remixed and Original soundtracks

- Dip Switch options ala System Direction

- Parry Training [including one called Evo Moment #37 with appropriate achievement biggrin.gif ]

- Combo Training

- Preview option available in Training modes to show you what you're expected to be doing.

- Widescreen and Stretch options.

- control configuration is the same as it is in Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, all you need to do is press the button to the command.

- Arcade Perfect minus game crashing bugs. All other unblockables, odd unthrowable throw states (Q, Akuma)are in.

- Quick Button Config Select before battle and during.

- Stage Select before Vs Battles

- DLC Section: Undisclosed, they can't comment. Could be the RMX mode later down the line?

- Challenge Mode parry section culminates in Evo Moment #37

- Gill is not playable in rank!

- customise the order of play in Player Lobby

- original artwork has been found and scanned in again for the character select and versus screens

- new artwork for main menu and intro, original intro viewable in the vault

Capcom info blog:

- GGPO-Enabled online play: Street Fighter III: Third Strike online Edition will be the first pure fighting game to use true GGPO-enabled online functionality, allowing for pixel-perfect arcade play online, including a matching system and leaderboards

- Unchanged Arcade Gameplay: Utmost care was taken to maintain an arcade perfect experience and preserve the deep gameplay system that has become revered as one of the most sophisticated in the fighting genre

- Upgraded visuals: With new art and UI matched to hand-tuned HD filtering options, players can customize their viewing experience to their preference, even playing in a simulated arcade cabinet

- YouTubeTM replay Sharing: Not only will players be able to watch local and global match replays in-game, but with a click of a button they can upload replays directly to YouTubeTM to share with the rest of the world

- Watch with Friends: A new channel that broadcasts a continuous live feed of the best match being played at any given moment, and also enables searches for specific matches to be viewed solo or with buddies

- Special Features and unlockables: Optional side panel appears on-screen to provide challenges and track progress as players push their limits to unlock achievements and rewards.

Walkthrough, shows all the options and filters and modes etc:

Mirror

Mirror

Awesome 720p/1080p wallpapers here (credits plopboy)

• Upvote 4

I'm in. Gotta get me a PS3 stick first, though. Recommendations?

The SSFIV Tournament Edition sticks are the best sticks money can buy without having to mod them. They're worth every penny if you're at all planning on playing any of the SF games regularly. We have nice and healthy lobby scene going on here in Rllmuk, mainly around SuperIV at the moment but every now and again BlazBlue and HDR also get a look in, just keep in mind that the 360 side of things is noticeably busier. If you have both consoles and you're looking to play online in friendly rllmuk lobbies with fellow forumites, you might want to consider going for the 360 version. if not, the PS3 version will be fine however.

The SSFIV Tournament Edition sticks are the best sticks money can buy without having to mod them. They're worth every penny if you're at all planning on playing any of the SF games regularly. We have nice and healthy lobby scene going on here in Rllmuk, mainly around SuperIV at the moment but every now and again BlazBlue and HDR also get a look in, just keep in mind that the 360 side of things is noticeably busier. If you have both consoles and you're looking to play online in friendly rllmuk lobbies with fellow forumites, you might want to consider going for the 360 version. if not, the PS3 version will be fine however.

Thanks for that. Don't have a 360, I'm afraid, and I live in Japan. I used to have the PS2 version of that Real Arcade Pro stick by Hori. I wonder if there's a PS3 version of that.

Thanks for that. Don't have a 360, I'm afraid, and I live in Japan. I used to have the PS2 version of that Real Arcade Pro stick by Hori. I wonder if there's a PS3 version of that.

My previous answer was as far as my arcade stick knowledge goes, but we have a dedicated rllmuk arcade stick thread here, that's where all the stick experts hang out. Ask all your stick questions there and you'll get answers so detailed, it's just plain scary :)

LOBBY CREW ASSEMBLE

wow! Be fantastic to hook up with some experts and learn this.

Ol Shendy needs to start taking memberships for his dojo

THE LOBBY CREW IS STARTING TO ASSEMBLE - ALBEIT SLOWLY but that's just how we roll

Seriously though, ain't it just the best news ever? Capcom obviously listened to the fans on this one. I'm no expert either, but you know as well as I know that rllmuk lobbies are the best way to learn. It's a bit like Karate Kid, only instead of waxing mister miyagi's car you get punched it the face repeatedly by Donut's Boxer until you learn. If TheShend doesn't have a 360 yet, here's all the justification he needs! And we need him, in the lobbies, to kick us repeatedly in the face with Q until we learn to parry properly.

This is not going to be out until forever, right? :(

Looks that way. Literally the only piece of information on this game we have is "it won’t be out for a while" everything alse is just assumptions on our part. That it will appear on the 360 and PS3 complete with lobbies seems safe to assume however, so now I'm looking forward to finding out on which version it's based and if it's getting a graphical make-over and stuff like that.

I've never even really played 3S and I'm dead excited by this, simply because parries are so much more awesome than focus attacks! And you can do them in the air ffs! AND Chun is supposed to be god tier. :wub:

also, the forum fuckin rawks on my iPhone now!

Colour me hyped :)

I'm excited! The only means i have of learning the game just now is offline stabs at arcade mode on the buggy original xbox version.

Or get GGPO sorted out ;)

I wanna be the forum Oro.

I'm already the forum Oro! (But I'm really really shit with him so I'm desperately hoping you don't challenge me to a duel over who gets to be the forum Oro)

Ha, oh man. Well I guess we can just be different colours of forum Oro; Man of gold.

Or maybe once I start playing the game properly someone else will take my fancy.

Going from Blanka to Oro sort of makes some kind of weird sense to me, but from Rufus to Oro? I don't see that. I was fully expecting you to go for Hugo ;)

Seriously though, despite being on GGPO and playing the fuck out of this game way back when, I'm still really shit at it and even worse when I play Oro. I might very well change to someone else once we get some Online Edition lobby action going.

Ha, yes, I do like to play as the fat guys.

I'd probably feel more natural with Yun, but I just hate his boring design. And the fact he's overplayed.

I can't wait til we all get it and begginers like me all get together to struggle away at the same pace for a while.

I'm looking forward to giving 3S another go with this, I really want to enjoy it but every time I try I just get upset as I realise how much the input shortcuts in the 4 series are obviously helping me as my execution in this is woeful.

I really got to a half decent standard with Ryu/Dudley in 3S, but then again I was totally obsessed with the game at the time. It is great and Gill is definitely the greatest beat-em-up boss of all time.

I really got to a half decent standard with Ryu/Dudley in 3S, but then again I was totally obsessed with the game at the time. It is great and Gill is definitely the greatest beat-em-up boss of all time.

Yeah...change the word greatest with the word FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!