Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Mass Effect 2: More waxing goddamn nostalgic.

From the Bioware forums, Jack Lamden, Quality Assurance:
Hang on to your Mass Effect 1 saves.

You just know there's going to an outcry by people who didn't do that. Thank God I kept mine.

Fix the menus

Fix the inventory and party system

Fix the loading times (Fallout 3 shows how it can be done)

Add some proper content other than the main story line

And this might be half way decent

Fix the menus

Fix the inventory and party system

Good god yeah, they definitely need to fix the menu and inventory system. I think it would help if they looked at how JRPGs organise their menus. I played Lost Odyssey at around the same time, and that was a breath of fresh air in comparison. No frills, and easy to navigate through. RPGs can have such a wealth of info to sift through, that they need to be usable. I think maybe Bioware should hire a usability engineer or something.

I think maybe Bioware should hire a usability engineer or something.

Either that or just play their own game for 10 minutes. The menus and inventory were so utterly borked, an blind gibbon with learning difficulties and no thumbs could have spotted it.

I (sort of, maybe) reckon that Shepard and the rest of his crew really are dead, just so Bioware can wipe the slate clean. No longer will they have to worry about which party member the player decided to fuck or leave behind or eject into space in the first game. They can just start with a new main character (Shepard's long-lost good/evil twin?) and a new party, including Wrex's long-lost (probably evil) twin and Ashley Williams' younger, and way hotter, sister.

It's definately worth picking up if you can find it really cheap, at least so you can see what it's like. It is horribly flawed in places, but it's also brilliant. It's certainly in a completely different league to Army of Two. The comparison with Too Human might be more accurate though. Some people adore it. Many are indifferent/hate it.

Well I fucking loved it.

As did I. Played it through a second time only a few weeks ago. I felt like a real spaceman.

I hope the second varies quests more, that's all I hope for.

Well that and some more alien boobs.

$10 says Shepherd and the Council cook up this KIA thing to go deep, deep, DEEP undercover and fuck up Cerberus and the Batarians from that new anti-Citadel/Mos Eisley style place someone mentioned elsewhere. We're gonna be getting down and dirty with the worst scum on of the galaxy. Can't wait.

I'm.... intrigued rather than excited, if it's just the same everything but more I will be disappointed, I'll probably still get it but as said, it really had some terrible flaws that I went on (at some length) about in the Mass Effect thread.

As mentioned here too; inventory and side quests were really lacking, the samey-ness of exploring the other worlds was just dull as arseholes in comparison to the main quest locations.

Its a Tramps Cock of a game isnt it? Down there with Army Of POO and Too Human...
One of the best games this generation, so just a bit excited about the sequel. \o/

And I thought Bioshock divided people! :(

Personally I don't think a game has ever been such a big let down as Mass Effect, but I was really looking forward to it and bought into the hype big time. Then it turned out to be shallower than a puddle on a sunny day.

I thought the general opinion was pretty high for the first game, I don't think I've ever played a game with so many areas for improvement yet absolutely adored it all the same.

I don't think I've ever played a game with so many areas for improvement yet absolutely adored it all the same.

Agreed. I could talk all day about things that the game does wrong but it's still my favourite game of this gen. I really hope they spend a bit more time on menus and the like for the sequel.

Make it so it's not really boring.

Too much incredibly dull dialogue.

Dull dialogue! It was brilliant, like one of the really good episodes of Star Trek. I loved people talking about things rather than just having a brief cutscene before more shooting.

It is flawed but man is it one incredible game. That bit where you plant the bomb and it all starts going to shit! I've never felt such a sense of chaos like that in a game before.

I hope they make some interesting non-story planets to explore this time. Spending ages to try and climb over a mountain in the mako was rather annoying.

Shepard isn't dead, she's gone dark, like Jack Bauer.

Yes I said she, for Shepard is a she.

Anyway, this is one of the handful of games I'm looking forward to in the next forever, so any scraps of info are good. Really can't wait to get my mitts on it, I just hope they go PC day and date with console this time, otherwise I'll have to buy it twice again.