rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
DonRumsfeld

Nine Inch Nails calls it a day

Seems like Trent is packing it in for awhile :- http://www.nin.com/?%3F

I was a massive fan in the 90s, the Fragile being my favourite. However the recent stuff after With Teeth wasn't doing it for me. That being said he'll be missed and I reckon you'll hear output from him again, it used to take 5 years between NIN albums.

Someone told me he'd just started working on a new album too. Bugger.

To be fair though, if he was to release more stuff along the lines of With Teeth I think it's better this way. I really thought that with Ghosts and Year Zero he was getting back on track though, If he's got another Fragile in him then damn you, Trent, Damn you. If not, enjoy retirement. :ph34r:

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

But, what?! A tour?! Someone needs to clarify what's going on before I start dressing in black again and crying.

He's like 'yeah, I want a break but i'm going to tour soon!'

So maybe it's not that bad yet...

I'm not surprised he's knocking it on the head for a bit. It can't be good to be 40-odd and still utterly furious.

Broken will always have a special place in my life.

I reckon he's been planning it for years, he's released music and toured constantly since With Teeth, he's been building up a multi million dollar nest egg.

I read on totalrock.com only this morning that NIN are planning a world tour with Jane's Addiction!

Hmmm...

http://www.nin.com/?%3F

Jane's have done a few gigs recently in America too, I'm praying they come to the Uk again. I've seen them a few times in the past and they are utterly incredible.

hmmm... I was listening to The Downward Spiral earlier. It's an excellent album.

A real shame about him ending it, as I also thought things were picking up, especially the last album.

I saw a With Teeth show and it was awesome - must catch a final gig!

On a related note, is there a particular Jane's Addiction album to recommend?

On a related note, is there a particular Jane's Addiction album to recommend?

Either 'Nothing's Shocking' or 'Ritual de lo Habitual' for newcomers, I'd say.

'

' from Nothing's Shocking is particularly riff-tastic.

Ritual is one of my favourite albums of all time.

He's said this in a new interview, so it doesn't look like the break's going to be that long:

While he has enjoyed certain parts of this brave new world, he’d like the next NIN album to be “a more thoughtful, contemplative work” – when he finds the time.

“Just because it feels like the right thing, I don’t wanna put out records every four or five months,” he says. “It was fun to do and I may do that again, but at the moment I feel I’d like to take my time; I don’t mean two years, but have a minute to sit and really think about things.”

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21...5005368,00.html

April 1st Update on www.nin.com

2echqhy.png

<_<

Worth going on the site for the song titles and the "Timbaland" beat.

Edit: Try entering your email address too :(

Your files will arrive as windows media files playable on quite a few players with your name embedded all over them just in case you lose them.

<_<

Best April Fools thing I have seen all day.

Just listening to 'The Slip'

Wow, this is flippin good stuff. Checked out their website and you can get it for free \o/

ANd cheers for the link Tetchy

http://tour.nin.com/

Dates for the Uk are on there. 14th July at M.E.N in Manchester and 15th July at th O2 in London. Presale for these dates start tomorrow.

Also, there's a free NIN/JA tour e.p for download;

http://www.ninja2009.com/

Yep, the missus was camped out on the site ready to buy tickets as soon as they went onsale :(

Yep, booked my ticket for the O2 gig. General admission, so I'll be down the front with the rest of the piggies :unsure:

Last time I saw them was on the With Teeth tour iirc, so really looking forward to this.

Is that going to be the only 2 UK dates? London is very far away, but I fucking love NIN and would honestly put up with the cost and effort of this one if it's to be the last for years.

Is that going to be the only 2 UK dates? London is very far away, but I fucking love NIN and would honestly put up with the cost and effort of this one if it's to be the last for years.

Looks like they're playing Sonisphere at Knebworth and T In The Park as well, plus a show in Ireland. But for their own shows in England, just Manchester and London so far. They might be sorting other venues, and if tickets sell out quickly they might add extra dates etc.

Get thee to the O2! I know quite a few people who are going and there seems to be quite a bit of excitement for it already, so should be a special show.

I was considering it but there's only seated tickets left now. Urgh!

Yeah this is my fucking quandry as well. Do I really want to go to a NIN gig and SIT DOWN?

Do I really want to go to a NIN gig and SIT DOWN?

If it helps, when I saw them at the Forum (think it was) a few years ago, I was in the seats in the upper circle. There was no shortage of insanity going on up there, let me tell you. And it was a really good view of the stage, lighting etc.