General chatter - discuss anything here

1 hour ago, Pelekophoros said:

The minis are just different enough to remove any real nostalgia value it has and, having had the original again and sold it, this wouldn't get enough play here.

With the two expansions thrown in (but not with minis? did they have them originally?) it's reasonable value but I'd love to have seen a proper gateway game successor rather than a nostalgia/collector level offering with the name again.

make it happen!  Have they not got a suggestions box?

5 minutes ago, And said:

make it happen!  Have they not got a suggestions box?

Ha! We have plenty in the pipeline, and we have some gateway games (exclusively available in Game?!) but, yeah. A mass market HQ entry would be lovely. 

Just now, Pelekophoros said:

Ha! We have plenty in the pipeline, and we have some gateway games (exclusively available in Game?!) but, yeah. A mass market HQ entry would be lovely. 

Hi, can you please see to it that the new Blitz Bowl gets a release in the UK this time.  Thank you in advance.

Lots of love

Nathan Wind

2 minutes ago, Nathan Wind said:

Hi, can you please see to it that the new Blitz Bowl gets a release in the UK this time.  Thank you in advance.

Lots of love

Nathan Wind

I want it too!

Definitely getting the S2 box though. 

On 09/10/2020 at 17:52, Nathan Wind said:

On consideration, given the current production delays and stocking issues with all sorts of board games they can get fucked asking for payment up front.  Who can even say if Zavvi will still be going in a year or more when HQ is actually due for shipment?  Once it definitely exists and it's in people's hands, and in shops, then I'll be all over it.

Do they take payment up front? I thought it only went through on despatch.

Me and Kickstarter don't hang, but I do wish I'd gotten on board with Awaken Realm's Etherium. Especially now the final product is starting to hit and the impressions are very positive.

Looks like a nice Dreamlands cosmic horror vibe to it, and there's a metric f'tonne of content. The models look crazy detailed but really good unpainted with that light patina style (although not sure they all come like that).

I'm reeeeeally hoping it gets a retail release, or is at least more generally available from retailers like they did with Nemesis.

14 hours ago, Spatial said:

Me and Kickstarter don't hang, but I do wish I'd gotten on board with Awaken Realm's Etherium. Especially now the final product is starting to hit and the impressions are very positive.

Looks like a nice Dreamlands cosmic horror vibe to it, and there's a metric f'tonne of content. The models look crazy detailed but really good unpainted with that light patina style (although not sure they all come like that).

I'm reeeeeally hoping it gets a retail release, or is at least more generally available from retailers like they did with Nemesis.

I backed Etherfields, although I also felt a little foolish because of not really knowing what the gameplay was; all I grasped was that dreams are involved, and masks, and the usual shed load of grey plastic.  This probably seems an odd thing to do, but reputedly Tainted Grail hits it out of the park as far as single player game experiences goes and I figured this would be a worthwhile investment.  Given the group pledges, I would keep a canny eye on the best price website from mid November (the first boats are due into Europe at the end of the month).

On 15/10/2020 at 20:09, Spatial said:

Pretty sure that the pledge manager is opening again between the first and second waves ship, that was certainly the plan.  You can probably get on it then. 

I’m in a similar-but-different position of having backed it but not added anything except a playmat. Kinda thinking I should have gone for more since it’s being well-received. 

I'd read they only open it back up to people who've already pledged, so the only way to join in after is piggybacking on someone like yourselves who already has backed it and can order additional items - I haven't followed how Awaken Realm's tends to run these sort of things so unsure if that's correct?

Also didn't realise their `Sundrop` figures I was fawning over above are just a mass produced Zenithal highlight with some shading. Probably easy enough to replicate if you have the time and a shed load of Agrax Earthshade.

Just been up in the folks loft having a "sort out"

And found these!

Spoiler

RenderedImage.thumb.jpg.63d385a1f80636cd3e529c054e8e3a8b.jpg

IMG_2492.thumb.jpg.80d94f042be337ddb47485e376265915.jpg

IMG_2495.thumb.jpg.49062ae1def0389b216238e98bbde35a.jpg

IMG_2494.thumb.jpg.78ce5aa24056640717e447cfb87a2d2d.jpg

Tear on the outside aside, it's near mint! I've never opened the cards or punched out the counters etc and same with the other expansion i've never even opened the minis.  

Annoyingly i am one miniature out of the 100 pieces missing and a look in the loft is proving fruitless. 

It has surviving three house moves so i should be grateful nothing else is missing. 

For someone who was thinking of getting into Descent and then held off because there was a new one coming, it looks quit interesting....

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2020/10/22/descent-legends-of-the-dark/

... £135??!!!

That's Gloomhaven territory for what feels like some 3D tiered terrain mechanic. Given FF's penchant for expansions (which the blurb already says is coming) it feels like it should be priced much lower as an entry way in the way Mansions or the other Descent was.