rllmuk
Asura

General chatter - discuss anything here

@michael working all 3 days demoing for asmodee - looking forward to it and hoping to get some gaming done afterwards. Might pack vinhos or Arkwright :)

• Upvote 1

On 04/03/2020 at 09:35, michael said:

Sooo... anyone going to AireCon? I'm officially working, but we don't have a booth - I'll just be playing our new games with anyone who fancies giving them a go.

Also @jonnyalpha - where did you get that frame for Pandemic?

I'm going, for the first time. I ended up missing jonnyalpha's meet last weekend due to a hospital appointment, so I'm really looking forward to it.

• Upvote 1

On 24/02/2020 at 20:45, Hexx said:

I’ve been entered into an Xwing tournie!

I don’t even own it and last time I played spent the entire time with my TIE Fighter going backward 

This will be fine....

This actually was fine! Everyone was lovely and welcoming (and forgiving)

Won 1 lost 4. Came 23/26 (higher than friend who's kit I borrowed).

Second turn of first game flew ship of edge as I got left/right wrong :facepalm:

• Upvote 2

On 04/03/2020 at 22:52, Mortis said:

@michael working all 3 days demoing for asmodee - looking forward to it and hoping to get some gaming done afterwards. Might pack vinhos or Arkwright :)

Anything in particular you're demoing? 

On 04/03/2020 at 22:52, Mortis said:

I'd be up for playing either of those, it's been a while for both!

• Upvote 1

@michael I’ll see how my brain feels after a day or 2 or demoing but I’ll certainly fling Vinhos in the boot just in case. 

• Upvote 1

ok that’s 3 players then :) Friday or Saturday evening? I’m sure we can find one more. 

Boom boom boom folks, Airecon today whoop whoop! Won’t be there until late afternoon, got James on the stand in the meantime. Great gathering of gamers in Major Tom’s last night too!

• Upvote 1

On 11/03/2020 at 17:15, Mortis said:

ok that’s 3 players then :) Friday or Saturday evening? I’m sure we can find one more. 

I'm only there at the weekend, but please don't let that change anything if you get enough people to play it tonight.

Not wanting to be a party pooper but, Is going to a big room full of people and touching lots of stuff a good idea at the moment? 

You couldn’t pay me to attend a con of any flavour at present. 

1 hour ago, therearerules said:

Excellent, that’s always good.

Great answer. Taking it all very seriously then? Jolly good. 

• Upvote 3

The SUASD review of ‘Unmatched’ makes me verily want it. Also, the Bruce Lee box looks like it’s nearly the same size as those mini-size full-price ZX Spectrum game boxes. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Professor Rob said:

I'm only there at the weekend, but please don't let that change anything if you get enough people to play it tonight.

Saturday evening works for me - It’s open later so let’s me grab some grub after my shift and then get some decent gaming.

I have ordered the Tales from the Loop RPG rule book, to run a game with mine and my friends’ kids over Skype, as something different to do in the coming weird weeks/months. 

Aside from Fighting Fantasy books, I’ve never played an RPG before. 

Aside from Heroquest, I’ve never DM’d anything before!

so it should be a learning experience for us all :-)

• Upvote 5

Just done a couple of tests of our games on TTS for our Virtual World Tour. We're working with shops around the world to demo games to folks on Tabletop Simulator, then they get a code they can use to buy stuff direct from us (if they like the games, obviously). From that, 40% of the money goes to the store itself, as if they'd sold the game over the counter. We're kicking off on Wednesday in association with Fanboy 3 in Manchester. If you fancy joining in, let me know! 

• Upvote 3

Ran a 4-household game of Escape the Dark Castle over google hangouts this evening.

MacGyver'd a phone attachment out of lego and gaffa tape, to attach to a camera tripod.

Needed two different gmail addresses, used my son's account and phone for the tripod, and my own for a laptop. Tripod view mainly for the dice we all had to roll against.

2 other households had the same game, so they had the custom dice, and could find the item cards when I told them what they were from the main deck I was drawing from.

Only one household didn't have the game, so the day before I sent them a photo of all the characters, they chose one, then I sent them a photo of all the sides of their character dice, so they could customise a regular dice.

Generally it went well, a little slow (took over 90 minutes, LOL), but it's something different for us and our kids to enjoy. I hammed up the reading of each chapter card, and kept my own tally of everyone's HP, etc.

And we won :-D

• Upvote 7

It works really well over Skype! Previously mentioned, but Legacy of Dragonholt is another excellent choice if both sides have a copy.  It’s basically a giant cooperative choose your own adventure book (game).

Yeah, the only thing that Dark Castle really loses is the immediacy of the dice rolling – having to ask each household what they've rolled is a bit like the Eurovision scoring, but other than that it was some silly fun.

:o :D

I hadn't even noticed that. Thank you for spotting it and letting me know. 

I can't even find the competition results! Where have they hidden it?:blush:

Found it. This is very exciting. The only thing better than a new board game is a new board game you didn't have to pay for.

• Upvote 4