Timmo

Good crisp bad crisp

1 hour ago, tcharliel said:

Just had a bag of these:

81P58xaJSEL._SY445_.jpg

Really flavoursome and surprisingly spicy. Recommended!

That packet puzzles me greatly @tcharliel - the text suggests they're German in origin and the picture looks like dog food. That said, I'm still interested. Where did you find them?

They're in Tesco too, in the US aisle. They're outstanding.

Stay away from the Buffalo chicken ones though. They're bitterly disappointing.

On 01/05/2018 at 08:54, schmojo said:

They're in Tesco too, in the US aisle. They're outstanding.

Stay away from the Buffalo chicken ones though. They're bitterly disappointing.

See I haven’t had them for a while, but I’m pretty sure I liked the buffalo wing ones and didn’t really rate the jalapeño flavour.

Golden Wonder used to do sausage and tomato crisps - this must be 20 years ago - and they were really good. Anybody else remember them?

Just to take this all back to basics, I put it to you all that there is no better meat flavouring than in simple McCoys Char grilled steak flavour. 

• Upvote 1

Who is it that does a beef and mustard flavour? Brannigans? Are they still around? If so I'd counterpoint that they are better.

• Upvote 5

On 18/04/2018 at 10:01, Shimmyhill said:

Tracy found me some Brannigans beef and mustard so just popping in to confirm they are still the best crisps in the world!

They used to always be at poundland etc. I found the mustard was stronger than i remember, still nice though. Haven't had any for a year or so though.

On 11/05/2018 at 09:03, Naieve said:

they still do (or recently brought them back). I've got a sixxer in the crisps cupboard. Well tasty

:o I need to track these down!

On 26/05/2018 at 13:08, tonic_water said:

The motherlode...

IMG_20180526_105911.jpg

I've not had this particular flavour, but their chilli and lime ones are really good. Very heavily seasoned. Like a cross between Walkers and McCoys, but then boosted with even more salt and MSG.

On 13/03/2018 at 19:47, MarkN said:

I'm always on a quest to find the best Bombay Mix - and this is right up there. Note - it's the luxury line, not the standard (in the Sainsbury's where I work this is in the crisp aisle, not the world food aisle where the regular one lives). This ticks so many boxes - it has the thin noodles, the thick noodles, and the triple noodles. It has roasted peas and lentils, as is proper. It has roasted peanuts which you'd expect, but also cashews which are rarer,  and almonds which are rarer still. It also has sultanas, which are a must for me, but often overlooked. On top of that it has a 4th noodle type - and it's ribbed for extra pleasure! (that one just below the word "snack" in the picture) This is the winning element - it's super-tasty, beautifully spiced - I could scoff an enormous pack of these on their own. I think this cost a quid a bag. It's a steal.

Yes! It's always been my position that a truly great Bombay Mix must have sultanas. I actually quite like Tesco's effort, really quite good.

• Upvote 1

On 30/04/2018 at 17:07, Jamin said:

That packet puzzles me greatly @tcharliel - the text suggests they're German in origin and the picture looks like dog food. That said, I'm still interested. Where did you find them?

That confused me first time I ate them, someone here said that the "Hanover" in question is somewhere in the US. (My first pack of these also had Japanese writing on the back which further baffled me.)

On 02/05/2018 at 14:01, Fletch said:

The jalapeño ones are tasty but dripping with oil seriously greasy fingers after eating them. 

Have you tried the Cheddar flavour? Well nice.