Pixelbark

The Man Utd Thread

THREE points clear (after Chelsea win though)

Surely you can find the old one in the Recovered Topics and get it moved back here (assuming it hasn't been dropped completely)?

Surely you can find the old one in the Recovered Topics and get it moved back here (assuming it hasn't been dropped completely)?
It's been accidentally merged with the Liverpool threads :(

Strange - I've lived in Manchester for 6 years and never heard that one.

Strange - I hear it all the time when they come up in footie convo's. Must just be a term used in certain circles in Manc.

entymology?

Ex-squeese-me?

We're losing defenders everywhere!! This worries me... I don't think my heart can stand another game of Brown and Heinze in the middle and two midfielders as left and rightbacks! Thankfully it seems Rio and O'Shea will both be fit for saturday's game.

Which is what a lot of the descendants of the Irish Immigrants who stayed in the port city of liverpool are. Hence why the term is used for Liverpool F.C. Fans as well </modern history lesson>

Which is what a lot of the descendants of the Irish Immigrants who stayed in the port city of liverpool are. Hence why the term is used for Liverpool F.C. Fans as well </modern history lesson>

I'd know why it's said and what it means, but still never heard it.

I've got a feeling the hammers will give em a good running tonight too. Not quite sure if they can pull off a win, but if they at least give em a tough game it's likely to tire the squad more, and with the number of tough games they've had recently it's bound to take it's toll come crunch time.

Last night we were brilliant but in fits and spurts, Ronaldo is still brimming with confidence :(

Also, Heinze was really lucky to get away with that challenge.

Also, Heinze was really lucky to get away with that challenge.

Yeah, that's what I mean when I say I can't really take another game of Wes and Heinze in the middle. Heinze is top class but on the left, I can't trust him as a central defender. And Wes to me is just not good enough. I always get the feeling he's distracted in games. Sheffield Utd's striker was turning him inside out more often and easily than a sock last night.

I also have a sneaky feeling about the hammers tonight. Even a draw would be great! :(

I agree that the Hammers can give Chelski a good run for their money tonight. Theres nothing quite like a team that HAS to win to stay in the league. Also, dont forget only three days ago the blues were playing extra time in the semi-final.

c'mon Tevez!

I'm always undecided about Wes, one minute I'm calling him a shit fuck, the next I'm applauding a great tackle. Guess he's not consistant enough throughout a game, let alone a run of matches.

If West Ham are on form they could pull off a great upset tonight. Unfortunately they've been off form more than on this season so I expect a 2-0 Chelsea win :(

We're gonna have to be realistic, West Ham are going down they have some freak results beating us and Arsenal, but they will not beat them today, more's the pity...(pls prove me wrong Hammers :( )

I thought the team for scousers was bin dippers... :(

I think it could go either way, they'll either play really well and get a draw or amazingly, a win, or lose 4-0.

I think you've pretty much covered it all there.

I look at each of Chelsea's remaining games and they all look like potential banana skins to me. I'll be impressed if they take six points away to West Ham and Newcastle in the space of four days.

Sir Alex Ferguson admits he would like to strengthen his squad with at least two new summer signings.

The Reds' boss says plans are already underway regarding potential targets - one of which is muted to be long term target Owen Hargreaves - and he's hopeful of achieving his aims.

"I would hope to add a couple of players in the summer who will improve us," he said in an interview with The Scotsman.

"We are talking about that now. There won't be sweeping changes, maybe just one or two coming in who would have the talent to make a difference."

So, the Glazers have put in the funds for at least two big summer signings. I think it's pretty much certain that one of those will be Hargreaves, but who do you think will be the second?

Personally I'd like to see us invest in a defender, maybe a young rightback who can come into the team and take over Neville's place. Failing that, a striker like Fernando Torres wouldn't go amiss... :( though I think it's been proven this season that we lack not in firepower.

Ideas?

So, the Glazers have put in the funds for at least two big summer signings. I think it's pretty much certain that one of those will be Hargreaves, but who do you think will be the second?

Personally I'd like to see us invest in a defender, maybe a young rightback who can come into the team and take over Neville's place. Failing that, a striker like Fernando Torres wouldn't go amiss... :( though I think it's been proven this season that we lack not in firepower.

Ideas?

You may not lack in firepower but I still think a striker is needed, obviously I'd love to see Torres, but also someone like David Villa.

Micah Richards would be a good understudy for Neville.